Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A different sort of Egyptian pyramid idea

Hanslune

I will admit, I've heard some ridiculous crank theories before.  But this one takes the icing on the cake.  28 million year old pyramids?  Suddenly Graham Hancock is looking like a relative fountain of sanity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I will admit, I've heard some ridiculous crank theories before.  But this one takes the icing on the cake.  28 million year old pyramids?  Suddenly Graham Hancock is looking like a relative fountain of sanity.

Hey dude open your mind to a new reality - let your brain roll out and down and play among the sand of possibilities!

Welcome LH to UM, a great forum, with outstanding people, fabulous moderators, great minds, superb writers of explanations, presenters of facts, experts in all fields and then there is Harte.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

UM, a great forum, with outstanding people, fabulous moderators, great minds, superb writers of explanations, presenters of facts, experts in all fields and then there is Harte.

Psffttt, I have two words for ya, "Geyser power" or "mafdet sphynx" or "stinkyfooted bumpkins" or "Vyse forgery" (well o.k. maybe more than two words) all paradigm changing assertions of which the sheeple shills in service to the sinister academic cabal continue to circle the wagons against in defense of outdated conjectures by cantankerous old scholars who's conceit precludes the possibility of ever admitting an error on their part...:D

Edited by Jarocal
Ramps have been debunked
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Psffttt, I have two words for ya, "Geyser power" or "mafdet sphynx" or "stinkyfooted bumpkins" or "Vyse forgery" (well o.k. maybe more than two words) all paradigm changing assertions of which the sheeple shills in service to the sinister academic cabal continue to circle the wagons against in defense of outdated conjectures by cantankerous old scholars who's conceit precludes the possibility of ever admitting an error on their part...:D

Hah you don't know of whom you speak, Lord Harry - he was knighted for slaying Cladking on another forum many clicks away. Is a Egyptology student of rare brilliance and parents who will pay you to say nice things about him - join the gravy train!!!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 11:02 AM, kmt_sesh said:

I am exacting and read everything very carefully, Captain Risky.

Now, why did you go and bring that up ? ... everything was  chugging along nicely  ... the motor was running smoothly, the scenery passing by pleasantly ....  

Off you go then !    You know what to do !  

Related image

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 10:10 PM, Jarocal said:

That's because Intercourse is a lovely little town situated in Pennsylvania Dutch country.

Everyone who has been in Intercourse tries to get there again.

Hmmmmm ... sounds like what Uncle Billy told me about the birds and the bees when I was little  ;  

" Son, "  he said , " Son,  a man spends the first 9 months of his life trying to get out of it .... then he spends the rest of his life trying to get back in there !  .......  now,  drink this beer . "  

Edited by back to earth

18 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well if you're doing that you need to share with your friends I'd be partial to nice piece of upper arm with some hoisin sauce in the side.

Indeed !  You can get into trouble if you dont share with your friends ;  take this example ;

Between shoots when they are setting up a sound stage ( a BIIIG room like an airport hanger ) I go in and there are these  3 grips up in a fully extended cherry picker yell out : "Hey mate ! Help get us down . So I go over to look at the controls but someone else yells out  "Dont you touch that !  I  rigged it so they stuck up there ! "

" Why ?"

"  They went up there to do  ....  (  ahem  .... 'mummy dust' )  ....   and didnt share ... so they can stay up there until it wears off ! "

Guys up in cherrypicker ;  " We didnt have enough ! " 

" Bull **** ! "

Then the Key grip comes in and ,    " I heard all that ! "

'Oh no, now we had it' , I think ...  and he  starts this rant  " How many times have I told you ! How many times have I explained all this to you !  You just dont listen do you !  This is the last time I warn you ...  you are supposed to be a professional film crew !  If I ever ... catch any one of you again ...    NOT sharing with  your mates , thats it ... you off the job !   Got it  ?  "

< sheepishly >  " All right ... yeah okay ....    yes ....  "     ....    "What about those guys ? " 

" Leave them up there until after lunch ! "    and storms off .

This was my first weeks introduction to working in the film industry      :o

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Welcome to the funny farm ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

... by the way ... around here we would say ;   ' a fountain of salinity '

Image result for geyser gif

Thank you gentlemen. Hans and I are both veterans of the Great Cladking Wars. We became allies on another site a few months ago. I debunked Cladking's claims about the Pyramid Texts by referring to the consonant signs "f" and "dj" which were depicted as serpents and ritually severed in half. As you all know, images were believed to have magical power, and it was feared that the images of serpents would come to life and harm the king.

Cladking has yet to provide an adequate explanation of this in accordance with his paradigm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Welcome to these parts, Lord Harry. This is where we cultivate oodles of oddball woo-woo. I hope it doesn't hurt your brain. I'm aware of your stella performance at another forum against a certain poster who used to haunt these parts, but he hasn't been around in a while. Too much heat. So for the time being, as long as you hunker down here, you should be geyser-free. :tu:

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

Thank you gentlemen. Hans and I are both veterans of the Great Cladking Wars. We became allies on another site a few months ago. I debunked Cladking's claims about the Pyramid Texts by referring to the consonant signs "f" and "dj" which were depicted as serpents and ritually severed in half. As you all know, images were believed to have magical power, and it was feared that the images of serpents would come to life and harm the king.

Cladking has yet to provide an adequate explanation of this in accordance with his paradigm.

I butted heads with cladking for years, up to and including translating excerpts from the Pyramid Texts to show him the error of his ways, but as I confessed to Hanslune, I never thought to cite the mutilated glyphs. Superb! That alone disproves his take on the Texts, but as Hanslune forewarned, cladking was certain to ignore the rock-solid logic behind your argument.

Now, it's bad form to talk about another poster who isn't even active around here anymore, so we should probably leave it at that. I just want to ensure you, we've all been in that battle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Welcome to these parts, Lord Harry. This is where we cultivate oodles of oddball woo-woo. I hope it doesn't hurt your brain. I'm aware of your stella performance at another forum against a certain poster who used to haunt these parts, but he hasn't been around in a while. Too much heat. So for the time being, as long as you hunker down here, you should be geyser-free. :tu:

Thank you sir. It is a pleasure to meet you. I have heard of your Egyptological expertise. We have Cladking on the ropes on this other site as well. He lurks regularly, but seldom posts after this other gentleman and myself have refuted many of his claims.

He once tried to pass off a 26th dynasty pit grave as a water storage facility. Lol!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I butted heads with cladking for years, up to and including translating excerpts from the Pyramid Texts to show him the error of his ways, but as I confessed to Hanslune, I never thought to cite the mutilated glyphs. Superb! That alone disproves his take on the Texts, but as Hanslune forewarned, cladking was certain to ignore the rock-solid logic behind your argument.

Now, it's bad form to talk about another poster who isn't even active around here anymore, so we should probably leave it at that. I just want to ensure you, we've all been in that battle.

Absolutely. I look forward to spending my time here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Thank you sir. It is a pleasure to meet you. I have heard of your Egyptological expertise. We have Cladking on the ropes on this other site as well. He lurks regularly, but seldom posts after this other gentleman and myself have refuted many of his claims.

He once tried to pass off a 26th dynasty pit grave as a water storage facility. Lol!

Hmmmm ....  lends a different meaning to   ' I will pizz on your grave ' 

Also that reminds me of an anthropologists beware story

" Can I dig up those mounds at the back of the village ?"

" Suppose so .... if you really want to ."

dig dig ... arrrrghhhh   ... sploosh  ...   " Helllp !   "

<later >  "Why didnt you tell me they were old toilet pits ! " 

"Well, you didnt ask, what would we know, you people go around doing all sorts of strange things we dont understand . "

33 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Absolutely. I look forward to spending my time here.

Oh yes ... getting to that ... there is a cost ...   A$118  per quarter .... my paypal account details are in my profile page . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

then you get to have a picture instead of a  plain  silhouette ; 

Image result for lord harry

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Hmmmm ....  lends a different meaning to   ' I will pizz on your grave ' 

Also that reminds me of an anthropologists beware story

" Can I dig up those mounds at the back of the village ?"

" Suppose so .... if you really want to ."

dig dig ... arrrrghhhh   ... sploosh  ...   " Helllp !   "

<later >  "Why didnt you tell me they were old toilet pits ! " 

"Well, you didnt ask, what would we know, you people go around doing all sorts of strange things we dont understand . "

Lol! Yeah, it was pretty funny. All it took was a simple recollection of Charles Rigano's book where he mentioned the existence of a 26th dynasty shaft grave at Giza. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

My favourite was his trying to take a picture of a boat from a later period and pretend it was evidence for a 'funicular'...that was hilariously funny! I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

My favourite was his trying to take a picture of a boat from a later period and pretend it was evidence for a 'funicular'...that was hilariously funny! I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

Yeah, he tried that with me also. I believe it was a 12th dynasty boat from the pyramid of Amenhemet III.

By the way, I'm convinced that the Osirion was originally a pyramid temple to a second pyramid of Amenhemet III. John brought up the possibility it was a Middle Kingdom pyramid, and after some research I found Strabo mentioned the structure was built by Amenhemet III. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Oh yes ... getting to that ... there is a cost ...   A$118  per quarter .... my paypal account details are in my profile page . 

Sorry, just spent my week's pay at the bar. Lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

You and I will have to differ in opinion on this. I will make a general assumption that by "adequate" you mean "accurate", whereas adequacy for me lay entirely in the amusement value of the assertion...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

I never post about him using derogatory terms (unless I am directly addressing him). I genuinely miss reading his assertions vehemently challenging the Orthodoxy's status quo.

Granted his narrative was not quite polished as say Lloyd Pye or Graham Hancock, but I've read published fringe author's with what I find to possess lesser wordsmith skills than Cladking (think dynamite, a pyramid, and a bucket of red ochre).

I mean hey, if someone can make money because they (mis)translate a glyph as proof of helicopters in Ancient Egypt, Clad should at least employ a journalism or lit. student as a ghost writer to scribe a better flowing prose for his conjectures and make a little money from them...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

In all fairness I think he may have borrowed that boat from the funicular based technology thread on another website without double checking that the pic in question was from the right period.