Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can a Ghost Make You Ill?

rashore

Ghost sickness is the belief that ghosts are able to cause a living person to fall ill. This particular term is used by the Native Americans, especially amongst the Navajo people. Nevertheless, this belief can also be found in other Native American cultures. Furthermore, this concept may also be found in other cultures of the world, though with certain slight variations. So how does a ghost make you sick, and why?

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-americas/can-ghost-make-you-ill-ghost-sickness-belief-native-american-indians-008167?nopaging=1

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• GlitterRose

• Jade7

• Hiemzul

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it's something to do with the energy force. Bad spirits will have a negative impact on your energy force and drain you which could make you ill. I don't think its something physical they can do but I compare it to feeling physically unwell when we are mental exhausted or under a lot of stress.

Then there's the more obvious explanation. If a negative spirit is known to you and you feel tormented by unexplained noises, sightings etc and are afraid of the paranormal this is going to put your body under stress if your in a constant state of fear or are sleep deprived.

Some people think this is all psychological, and others think these are real ghosts/entities. I have a different opinion, that the phenomena is "real" but emanates from the psyche. It could explain how and why "the ghosts" can make us sick. 

In my opinion and understanding, Ghost sickness, that's a tough one. So many things can be physical illness or physical cause for the illness. Now as far as psychological sickness or reason related to psychologically becoming physically sick is much more difficult to prove. Energy is the basis for spirits and non-corporal life. Energy itself as the ability to make us sick physically, from mental issues such as anxiety, paranoia...fear. But it can also make us physically sick to..to the point we throw up or feel like we have the flu. But Ghost Sickness, itself i believe is just a basic term for people whom became sick around ghost or in a haunted environment.