Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
danielost

us kids forced to observe ramadan

124 posts in this topic

One campus in Brooklyn has agreed not to serve food at its prom until after sundown while another school in upstate New York is setting up prayer rooms to satisfy the demands of students who observe Ramadan.

Among the Muslim groups agitating for special privileges for Muslim students are the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Muslim Student Association and Sound Vision.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/u-s-schools-bowing-to-islam-during-ramadan/

if a christian church did this liberals would be up in arms.  separation of church and state.,

7 people like this

I don't care about the prayer rooms, as long as the students themselves pay extra to have access to them or the venue donates them for the evening, but the sun won't set until almost 9:00 this time of the year.  Most kids want to have been done eating so they can enjoy the night by then.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Wickian said:

I don't care about the prayer rooms, as long as the students themselves pay extra to have access to them or the venue donates them for the evening, but the sun won't set until almost 9:00 this time of the year.  Most kids want to have been done eating so they can enjoy the night by then.

A LOT of these "kids" will be more interested in drinking than eating and if they do it on an empty stomach, what's the worst that could happen?  I hope some of them bring BBQ pork sandwiches to munch in the parking lot.  This crap is getting OUT OF CONTROL.  To HELL with what these people "want".  What the heck gives THEM the right to demand a damned thing of other students? If they want to respect their faith tradition then let them, by all means.  The only reason to make a point of having EVERYONE do this is to advance the Hijrah.  Someone tries this where I live and I guarantee you that I'll have an impromptu BBQ - a whole pig if I can afford one.  Just outside the parking lot.  CAIR is a front group for these terrorists and they need targeting soon.  They are the beachhead for the Hijrah into the U.S. and they will pay first when this thing starts.  I'm like susieice now, Duncan is ANGRY...

5 people like this

44 minutes ago, and then said:

A LOT of these "kids" will be more interested in drinking than eating and if they do it on an empty stomach, what's the worst that could happen?  I hope some of them bring BBQ pork sandwiches to munch in the parking lot.  This crap is getting OUT OF CONTROL.  To HELL with what these people "want".  What the heck gives THEM the right to demand a damned thing of other students? If they want to respect their faith tradition then let them, by all means.  The only reason to make a point of having EVERYONE do this is to advance the Hijrah.  Someone tries this where I live and I guarantee you that I'll have an impromptu BBQ - a whole pig if I can afford one.  Just outside the parking lot.  CAIR is a front group for these terrorists and they need targeting soon.  They are the beachhead for the Hijrah into the U.S. and they will pay first when this thing starts.  I'm like susieice now, Duncan is ANGRY...

Forcing people to abide by a religion in public grounds is against the constitution. I hope they get sued big time for letting these muslims force children to pray to their deity!

7 people like this

7 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Forcing people to abide by a religion in public grounds is against the constitution. I hope they get sued big time for letting these muslims force children to pray to their deity!

Uhhh...what?  Can you point out in the article where it says that people who don't want to go to the prayer room have to go?

2 people like this

Give the kids a room or two to pray or do whatever. One for a prayer room, one with games of some type. Give them a buffet that they can eat, or not. Problem solved. Now to keep the drinking and sex to a minimum. At least on school time, the rest is the parents who chaparone. You can't really seperate "chruch and state" because plenty of people were raised to pray before they eat. I have prayed everytime I've eaten for many years.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, danielost said:

separation of church and state

Somehow I feel the only separation of church and state that you want is one that is not your church

9 people like this

"us kids forced to observe easter'

Hmm. less of an effect.

9 people like this

Why do people insist on a separation of church and state for Christianity? If we make concessions for Muslims, we have to make concessions for every other religion.

I don't understand this double standard. It's all or nothing.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Why do people insist on a separation of church and state for Christianity? If we make concessions for Muslims, we have to make concessions for every other religion.

I insist for "ALL" religions. No religion should be able to advertise their religion in public schools, creating an government backed religion since public schools are government runned. I don't understand why no one can't understand why our founding father's who were christians created this. Separation of church and state is actually for the benefit of all religions and non-religions, because when one religion gains control and becomes bigger than the rest, it leaders to that religion oppressing the other religions aka religious persecution. Religions actually hinder children's ability to learn things such as science, because they always try to control what science can or can't show in the name of religion. Another aspect that they are saying which is wrong, is the idea that United States was founded on Christian values which it was not, it was founded on secular values which gave away to the government we have today. If it our nation was founded on Christian values, we would have christian laws and no other religion would be able to co-exist in our nation.

Edited by Uncle Sam
5 people like this

Ohh dear God, whoever is doing this categorically doesn't understand Ramadan. 

Its an act of faith, it is less than meaningless for those who who not believe to participate. Furthermore children and nursing mothers are exempt from the requirements to fast, if they which or have a medical need to be so exempt. 

FFS. It's like expecting people to not eat meat on Good Friday or surrending a desirable for Lent. 

4 people like this

guys just do what they tell , they would be hungry and frustrated you wouldn't want to pick up a fight with them, it won't end well. 

1 person likes this

If you read the article, you'd see that no one is being forced to do anything.

Keep up with those misleading headlines,  Daniel.

8 people like this

9 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Separation of church and state is not just for Christianity.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Keep up with those misleading headlines,  Daniel.

This seems pretty compulsory to me.  As in, eat when the MSA says you can, or don't eat at all.  If such a change of requirements was demanded by a Christian group, care to tell me how that would go over?  It's hypocrisy and CAIR fomented Hijrah.  Before it's all said and done, CAIR is apt to be needing some...

In an effort to accommodate the MSA, school officials said they won’t allow food to be served at the prom until after Muslim fasting ends at 9 p.m.

Edited by and then
crossed up two posts into one
4 people like this

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Separation of church and state is not just for Christianity.

It seems they conveniently overlook the rest of the words in their much heralded "establishment clause": Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, and then said:

This seems pretty compulsory to me.  As in, eat when the MSA says you can, or don't eat at all.  If such a change of requirements was demanded by a Christian group, care to tell me how that would go over?  It's hypocrisy and CAIR fomented Hijrah.  Before it's all said and done, CAIR is apt to be needing some...

In an effort to accommodate the MSA, school officials said they won’t allow food to be served at the prom until after Muslim fasting ends at 9 p.m.

Oh god let's get the Supreme Court involved and conservative groups up in arms, the ****ing kids can't eat before 9 p.m. Mah freedoms!! Mah freedoms!!!!!!

When was food originally going to be served? 8 p.m.? 830? Proms don't generally start in the early afternoon.

Look, im pretty sure ypu know how I feel about all religions, but this really seems kind of blown out of proportion

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
1 person likes this

My understanding is that there is no requirement for Muslims to remove themselves from sources of food during Ramadan.  They can sit in cafes etc with non Muslim friends but they just don't partake of anything.  It is a way of showing their self control as well.  In a non denominational school setting if food is being served at a traditional time, then Muslims just don't touch it until the proscribed time - what's hard about that?  

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Oh god let's get the Supreme Court involved and conservative groups up in arms, the ****ing kids can't eat before 9 p.m. Mah freedoms!! Mah freedoms!!!!!!

When was food originally going to be served? 8 p.m.? 830? Proms don't generally start in the early afternoon.

Look, im pretty sure ypu know how I feel about all religions, but this really seems kind of blown out of proportion

It isn't ABOUT the food or the prayer rooms as such.  It's about one faith being given precedence over another, consistently, due to a PC culture in this country.  So, YEAH, it matters.  It's called Hijrah and it's time it gets the attention it needs.Anyone who looks at what is happening in Europe today should be able to trace these exact kinds of concessions being asked/demanded of and given in years past.  Stopping it in the here and NOW is critical.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

My understanding is that there is no requirement for Muslims to remove themselves from sources of food during Ramadan.  They can sit in cafes etc with non Muslim friends but they just don't partake of anything.  It is a way of showing their self control as well.  In a non denominational school setting if food is being served at a traditional time, then Muslims just don't touch it until the proscribed time - what's hard about that?  

Another aspect of this is the willingness of non-Muslim students to volunteer to refrain from eating until their Muslim friends can partake.  It isn't about the food, it's about the compulsory nature of the event.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, and then said:

It isn't ABOUT the food or the prayer rooms as such.  It's about one faith being given precedence over another, consistently, due to a PC culture in this country.  So, YEAH, it matters.  It's called Hijrah and it's time it gets the attention it needs.Anyone who looks at what is happening in Europe today should be able to trace these exact kinds of concessions being asked/demanded of and given in years past.  Stopping it in the here and NOW is critical.

Look, I agree it could become an issue but it's one school with optional prayer rooms for students. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of schools that allow students of all faiths to pray. Truthfully I wish I had gotten in on that racket. Go sit on my ass and say that I'm praying for a half hour? He'll yeah.

The food thing is incredibly stupid though.

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Oh god let's get the Su? preme Court involved and conservative groups up in arms, the ****ing kids can't eat before 9 p.m. Mah freedoms!! Mah freedoms!!!!!!

Prom isn't where girls and boys mingle, isn't that haram in Islam? and ramadan means no water till sunset so arrival you also ok with non believers to go thirsty till then

3 people like this

8 hours ago, strunk64 said:

Give the kids a room or two to pray or do whatever. One for a prayer room, one with games of some type. Give them a buffet that they can eat, or not. Problem solved. Now to keep the drinking and sex to a minimum. At least on school time, the rest is the parents who chaparone. You can't really seperate "chruch and state" because plenty of people were raised to pray before they eat. I have prayed everytime I've eaten for many years.

I know the feeling....My Mother was a crap cook too....

4 people like this

11 hours ago, Michelle said:

We insist on separation of church and state for ALL religions.  Just because most people can't comprehend what that actually means, doesn't mean it isn't so.  A Christian can pray in school.  A TEACHER cannot lead a class prayer.  That's a huge difference.  You are still entitled to practice your religion, and abide by your faith beliefs in school, no matter what religion.  But, the school can't push a certain religion on others, hence, the separation of church and state.  Offering a room for students to use during prayer time is not making other students observe Islam.

4 people like this