Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Qatar loses diplmatic ties with neighbours

Mr.United_Nations

On 06/06/2017 at 1:23 PM, LV-426 said:

So, what's coming next?

More chaos in the Middle East?

Qatar under attack from its neighbours for supporting terrorism? :rolleyes:

Another refuge crisis heading to Europe?

Neighbours greedily divvying up Qatars oil fields?

Ahh well, at least it's all under the umbrella of "the religion of peace." What could possibly go wrong?

Regime change in Qatar to a more Saudi approved and loyal government.

Qatar had it coming for a long time now. To understand what is going on one needs to link the sanctions with the role it played, along with Turkey, in backing , financing and arming several terrorist groups in Syria, Libya, and North Sinai.  For years now it harboured the Muslim Brotherhood and their mufti Al Qatadawi on whom it bestowed its citizenship.  One of his fatwas addressed young people who want to become suicide bombers and advised them to go to jihadi leaders who would tell them when and where to 'explode! About 8 billion dollars were spent by Qatar in Libya and even more on its attempts to destabilize  Egypt. Research its links with Libya, IS, Hamas and N. Sinai; as well as its terrible track record with foreign workers. Look at the role played by Erdogan also. The fact that he is staunchly backing Qatar in itself is telling. Iran is mainly gleefully muddying the waters for the Gulf.

There are only 200,000 native Qataris, hardly another refugee crisis waiting to happen. It has been acting like an extremely rich dwarf with a severe megalomaniac complex. After the recent warning of Sisi that states which harbour, finance and aid terrorists should be held responsible; and after the Minya attack in which even a 2 years old was not spared, I am not surprised that finally some action was taken.

It's not about the money, it's about fighting terror. Saudi Arabia had to take action with all the fingers pointing at it. UAE has declared that it is willing to have the American base moved to its territory.

• Like 2

.. or perhaps it's just about silencing Al Jazeera, and grabbing some oil ? 

On 6/13/2017 at 1:22 AM, Gromdor said:

Personally, I am thinking nothing.  But with all the commotion, one would think they are one big terrorist camp. 

They do sponsor terrorism, but not at the same level as Saudi Arabia does. They don't have the resources. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You couldn't make up the irony here could you. Surely only the truly gullible would, you can hardly say it with a straight face, believe that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Yemen and Libya, every one of whom is either a tyrannical theocracy or a tinpot dictatorship or a failed state and leading breeding ground of terrorism, are so passionately concerned about fighting extremism that they've all banded together to ostracize another country for supporting groups they consider to be extremist!! :lol: 

So we can presume that President Trump has voiced his wholehearted approval.

But, they have always been extreme over there, who are we or you to tell them how to live? It's the religion of peace, remember? Which group is  less of a threat that can hold down the M.E ?

11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

But, they have always been extreme over there, who are we or you to tell them how to live? It's the religion of peace, remember? Which group is  less of a threat that can hold down the M.E ?

Or outsiders could withdraw and let them fight their disputes themselves, buy oil from whoever wins

Iran could dominate the Gulf region, they are the natural local hegemon, being heir of a great ancient empire (Persia) with strong national identity (unlike Arab countries) and surprisingly competent government.

Iran could be dealt with quite reasonably I think, if the west would open its mind to the possibility, I believe they could provide stability better than an outside power

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

Or outsiders could withdraw and let them fight their disputes themselves, buy oil from whoever wins

Iran could dominate the Gulf region, they are the natural local hegemon, being heir of a great ancient empire (Persia) with strong national identity (unlike Arab countries) and surprisingly competent government.

Iran could be dealt with quite reasonably I think, if the west would open its mind to the possibility, I believe they could provide stability better than an outside power

The oil profits will only help the  extreme  grow strong so we can't allow that, right?

But, how can anything be stable and trusted with them when they openly call for what they call for? I don't trust Saudi Arabia either.

And also, that would mean that if we walked away someone else would take over and we see what is happening in the world since America was weak under Obama.

14 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The oil profits will only help the  extreme  grow strong so we can't allow that, right?

But, how can anything be stable and trusted with them when they openly call for what they call for? I don't trust Saudi Arabia either.

And also, that would mean that if we walked away someone else would take over and we see what is happening in the world since America was weak under Obama.

A lot of regular Iranians aren't that extreme and don't want war, their regime must bow to pressure to keep quality of life high and that means stability, good relations with outside powers wherever possible. Also Iran is by nature somewhat self-contained because they are Shia and those are a small minority of Islam, Iran issurrounded by Sunni powers/lands. So it is a natural balance of power, Iran is better organized and stronger but Sunni powers are much more numerous. Iran does insert itself in affairs of a few neighbors (IRaq, Syria, etc) but they generally do not go out of the region to pick fights. 

Let's say Iran dominates the Gulf region and has some control over delivery of oil from its neighbors. I think they would sell oil to the west, no problem. I think the only thing to make Iran use oil leverage against the west would be the issue of Israel/Palestine ... but I guess that is for another thread.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

A lot of regular Iranians aren't that extreme and don't want war, their regime must bow to pressure to keep quality of life high and that means stability, good relations with outside powers wherever possible. Also Iran is by nature somewhat self-contained because they are Shia and those are a small minority of Islam, Iran issurrounded by Sunni powers/lands. So it is a natural balance of power, Iran is better organized and stronger but Sunni powers are much more numerous. Iran does insert itself in affairs of a few neighbors (IRaq, Syria, etc) but they generally do not go out of the region to pick fights. 

Let's say Iran dominates the Gulf region and has some control over delivery of oil from its neighbors. I think they would sell oil to the west, no problem. I think the only thing to make Iran use oil leverage against the west would be the issue of Israel/Palestine ... but I guess that is for another thread.

Oh I know, I mean, I seen from video's that they're  just  people wanting to be happy, but it's not them,  it's the regime they live under and so who are we to tell people how to live, right? But, for us to simply walk away , we can't do that. I don't think we could ever just do that. It's to dangerous.

I don't see how we can ever let go of the petrol dollar is what I'm saying.

Edited by Ellapennella

• 3 weeks later...

Saudi Arabia and Arab allies that have cut ties with Qatar will hold talks in Egypt on Wednesday on the Gulf diplomatic crisis, after Doha said their demands were impossible to meet.

The four Arab nations, which also include the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt, accuse Qatar of supporting extremism, a charge which it denies. They gave the isolated emirate an extra 48 hours to meet their ultimatum after an initial 10-day deadline passed on Sunday.

Saudi Arabia said early on Wednesday the four had received Qatar’s response and that they would respond “at the right time”.

Foreign ministers from the four countries that broke off diplomatic and trade relations with Qatar are due to meet in Cairo on Wednesday. A press conference is expected afterwards.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/2101321/saudi-arabia-prepares-meet-allies-after-qatar-dismisses

• Like 1