Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4,000-year-old lost Mesopotamian city found

Still Waters

An ancient city known as Xarab-i Kilashin has been discovered on the banks of the Great Zab river in what used to be northern Mesopotamia in the late 3rd millennium BCE.

The region has been off-limits to archaeologists for many years, first because of political instability in the area and later due to the presence of Isis. The terrorist group has destroyed cultural artefacts and landmarks in Iraq and Syria, including the ancient city of Palmyra. But many of the historic cities of the region still lie below ground, unexcavated, and have escaped their destruction.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/4-000-old-lost-mesopotamian-124053784.html

• Like 8

I thought I found a lost city in my basement once. Turned out to just be old toys that one of my dogs was hiding.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 4

I find it cool that after all this time there are still lost cities to find

• Like 4

18 hours ago, seanjo said:

I wouldn't do any kind of Archaeological work there until the Islamists have been totally defeated...they'll only destroy it.

Question, how much are you going to be moved by some Iranian guy lamenting the loss of ancient archeology in America?   Maybe he's not interested in any archeological co-op with us either because we've already destroyed everything there is to dig up that we know of.  

Looks like a wash.

And what is an Islamist?   You just throw that word around haphazardly, maybe without even knowing it.   What do you think people from the Middle East would say, teachers and engineers and doctors and businesspeople, if you went up to them and asked them "Are you an Islamist?"   That's such a loaded question.   That's so subjective.   You'll get a hundred different variations of yes and no answers, and not a dang one of them will have anything to do with being a terrorist or terrorism, or blowing up the archeological sites.

"Only destroy it" just like a mindless great white shark that gulps down massive bites of whatever it is in front of it that moves (the great koolaid shark, that never existed in reality).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seanjo said:

Have you just missed the last few years? where artefacts in the ME have been deliberately and systematically destroyed because they don't fit in with Islamic Ideals? 

Look @ the clues man. Choose not to give gender. businessperson instead of businessman, and likely lives in the US (Speculation).

Conclusion? Upper middle class progressive (regressive). Hence, no matter what you say you are bad. The only props he gets now is he has yet to call you a Nazi which is default here in the states.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2017 at 6:43 AM, spartan max2 said:

I find it cool that after all this time there are still lost cities to find

Hundreds if not thousands of tells remain to be excavated in the ME

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 5:31 AM, seanjo said:

Have you just missed the last few years? where artefacts in the ME have been deliberately and systematically destroyed because they don't fit in with Islamic Ideals? 

So....you're going to be the defender of those "Islamic Ideals"?    I thought you were just spinning and now I know you are.  Both ways.

Millions have been dying thanks in large part to our efforts.  Millions of real Muslims.   So it's cute that we can focus on the last few years and the destruction of artifacts when trying to use the word "Islamic" accurately in a complete sentence.

• 1 month later...

The only interview to come out of ISIS controlled territory listed murder for not wearing a face veil, Muslim slaves that could be bought for 1200 euros and many other regressed atrocities that differentiate ISIS and Islamists, Islamists seek to convert all people to Islam. Muslims aren't anyone's problem. Islamists are close to a problem and ISIS is a problem, until they move 'online' from 'their last acre'