Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

There is no mark of the beast.  But if there actually is going to be in the future, you only need two things to happen.

1.  The Temple of Solomon must be rebuilt.

2.  Animal sacrifices in the form of blood must be occurring there every day.

if those two things ever occur, you can begin to worry about the mark of the beast.

• Like 2

You’re welcome.  BTW.  I came to that conclusion after thirty years of research and experience in the subject…FWIW.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I think the only marks of the beast are those that get sucked into think revelations is anything more than the ramblings of a hermit 

Many people view it that way.  It almost didn’t even make it in the Bible, Peter had also written an apocalypse at that time, and ironically they are completely different,  They don’t match at all.  But the “Revelation” was approved to be read in churches.  Peters was too disturbing to be read.  These statements come from the earliest known records of state,e to by the church fathers.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, Rlyeh said:

The question to me doesn't make sense, the mark of the beast was the Roman coin.

Roman soldiers that had completed their basic training used to receive their legion brand on their right hands.

• Like 1

@and then I simply don’t see Jesus saying anything like this during his mission and feel that early Roman church leaders may have felt the ravings in that letter would be a good way to scare their parishioners into obedience and it’s so abstract that it would require an authority figure to interpret its meaning. I reject it as I think it creates a death cult side to organized Christianity. God gave me a brain and freedom of thought to allow me to decide this for myself but generally don’t preach it at others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Roman soldiers that had completed their basic training used to receive their legion brand on their right hands.

They did that to identify them should they be killed in battle. It goes back to the first battle ever recorded and that of the battle of Meggido where they cut the right hand off the dead for a body count.

Slaves were often branded in the forehead in Ancient Rome.

Calculations of the Times

I went through and added up the times in the Book of Daniel again. There are three numbers associated with the Abomination of Desolation in Daniel in two different chapters (spoken of in the Gospel). These are given to Daniel by men he sees having discussions in his visions and by Gabriel. One of these men gives him a measure that the torment will last for, "a time, times and half a time." The consensus is that this means a year, two years and a half a year which comes out to 3.5 years or 42 months. Three other amounts of days are given: 2,300 days (chapter 8), 1,290 days and 1335 days (both in chapter 12).  These numbers seem to be referring to the same thing in chapter 8 and 12 so it is not known why they are different except that they are from a different source in the visions. 1,290 doubled does not equal 2,300.  Nothing is for certain and the truth is to remain a mystery until the end.

1,290 days / 365 = 3.5 years
Here we see the 42 months appear

1,335 days / 365 = 3.66

2,300 days / 365 = 6.3 years

Now trying to add them up with a time, times, and half a time

As one interesting example of adding up these numbers is 1,290 days.

(1,290 days) + (1,290 * 2) + (1,290 / 2) = 4,515 days

4,515 days / 365 = 12.4 years

Hitler was in power from January 1933 until May 1945. That is about exactly 12.4 years. This is interesting because of how WWII may fit into other parts of Daniel's prophecy and how Hitler wanted to fulfil Biblical prophecies like the thousand year reign.

Other ways to add it up:

(1,290 days) + (1,335) + (((1,290 + 1,335) / 2) / 2) = 3,281.25 days

3,281.25 days / 365 = 9 years

The third number in this is an average take from the first two and cut in half for a half time.

(1,335 days) + (1,335 * 2) + (1,335 / 2) = 4,672.5 days

4,672 days / 365 = 12.8 years

Interesting to point out here that half of 1,335 is 667.5.

(2,300 days) + (2,300 * 2) + (2,300 / 2) = 8,050 days

8,050 days / 365 = 22.1 years

I think this is the longest count.

(1,290 days) + (1,335) + (2,300 / 2) = 3,775 days

3,775 days / 365 = 10.3 years

Conclusion

All these results have been rounded to the tenth decimal place. There are more ways to add these up. It is probably a consecutive count. 1,335 days most likely means the 45th day after 1,290 days.  There are more patterns to calculate in these numbers. There are also a few other set times that I did not go over because they appear to be about someting else. These are 70 weeks and some other numbers like 21 days of waiting for Michael to aid against the Prince of Persia. I came up with all of these conclusions on my own with no other person guiding me.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Calculations of the Times

I went through and added up the times in the Book of Daniel again. There are three numbers associated with the Abomination of Desolation in Daniel in two different chapters (spoken of in the Gospel). These are given to Daniel by men he sees having discussions in his visions and by Gabriel. One of these men gives him a measure that the torment will last for, "a time, times and half a time." The consensus is that this means a year, two years and a half a year which comes out to 3.5 years or 42 months. Three other amounts of days are given: 2,300 days (chapter 8), 1,290 days and 1335 days (both in chapter 12).  These numbers seem to be referring to the same thing in chapter 8 and 12 so it is not known why they are different except that they are from a different source in the visions. 1,290 doubled does not equal 2,300.  Nothing is for certain and the truth is to remain a mystery until the end.

1,290 days / 365 = 3.5 years
Here we see the 42 months appear

1,335 days / 365 = 3.66

2,300 days / 365 = 6.3 years

Now trying to add them up with a time, times, and half a time

As one interesting example of adding up these numbers is 1,290 days.

(1,290 days) + (1,290 * 2) + (1,290 / 2) = 4,515 days

4,515 days / 365 = 12.4 years

Hitler was in power from January 1933 until May 1945. That is about exactly 12.4 years. This is interesting because of how WWII may fit into other parts of Daniel's prophecy and how Hitler wanted to fulfil Biblical prophecies like the thousand year reign.

Other ways to add it up:

(1,290 days) + (1,335) + (((1,290 + 1,335) / 2) / 2) = 3,281.25 days

3,281.25 days / 365 = 9 years

The third number in this is an average take from the first two and cut in half for a half time.

(1,335 days) + (1,335 * 2) + (1,335 / 2) = 4,672.5 days

4,672 days / 365 = 12.8 years

Interesting to point out here that half of 1,335 is 667.5.

(2,300 days) + (2,300 * 2) + (2,300 / 2) = 8,050 days

8,050 days / 365 = 22.1 years

I think this is the longest count.

(1,290 days) + (1,335) + (2,300 / 2) = 3,775 days

3,775 days / 365 = 10.3 years

Conclusion

All these results have been rounded to the tenth decimal place. There are more ways to add these up. It is probably a consecutive count. 1,335 days most likely means the 45th day after 1,290 days.  There are more patterns to calculate in these numbers. There are also a few other set times that I did not go over because they appear to be about someting else. These are 70 weeks and some other numbers like 21 days of waiting for Michael to aid against the Prince of Persia. I came up with all of these conclusions on my own with no other person guiding me.

Could you cite all pages that you got that info from? 

NVM, found it. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

6 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Could you cite all pages that you got that info from? 

NVM, found it. 

It's in Daniel chapters 8 - 12. His visions start in chapter 7 though. It's a reflection of the beasts of Revelation and is pretty interesting to read through. The second half of the book. The times I used are specifically in chapters 8 and 12.

In Revelation chapter 11 the two witnesses are said to prophecy 1,260 days.

360 + 720 + 180 = 1,260 

That is a time, a times and a half a time.

360 is the length of a year they believed it to be at that time. I chose to use 365 in the previous post, but it doesn't change the numbers by too much. 1,260 would contrast the Daniel number of 1,290. It does say in Daniel chapter 12 to seal up the words of the book until the end that knowledge will be increased.

This still leaves the question as to what the 2,300 days mean. The 1,335 days is apparently blessed to reach, which would be sometime over the amount of the original 42 months. The time of the Holocaust from Kristallnacht November 1938 to the end of the war in May 1945 comes close to 2,300 days. 2,338 days.

11 Then I was given (A)a reed like a measuring rod. [a]And the angel stood, saying, (B)“Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out (C)the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, (D)for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will (E)tread the holy city underfoot for (F)forty-two months. And I will give power to my two (G)witnesses, (H)and they will prophesy (I)one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Edited by Opus Magnus

2 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

It's in Daniel chapters 8 - 12. His visions start in chapter 7 though. It's a reflection of the beasts of Revelation and is pretty interesting to read through. The second half of the book. The times I used are specifically in chapters 8 and 12.

In Revelation chapter 11 the two witnesses are said to prophecy 1,260 days.

360 + 720 + 180 = 1,260 

That is a time, a times and a half a time.

360 is the length of a year they believed it to be at that time. I chose to use 365 in the previous post, but it doesn't change the numbers by too much. 1,260 would contrast the Daniel number of 1,290. It does say in Daniel chapter 12 to seal up the words of the book until the end that knowledge will be increased.

This still leaves the question as to what the 2,300 days mean. The 1,335 days is apparently blessed to reach, which would be sometime over the amount of the original 42 months. The time of the Holocaust from November 1938 to the end of the war in May 1945 comes close to 2,300 days. 2,338 days.

11 Then I was given (A)a reed like a measuring rod. [a]And the angel stood, saying, (B)“Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out (C)the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, (D)for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will (E)tread the holy city underfoot for (F)forty-two months. And I will give power to my two (G)witnesses, (H)and they will prophesy (I)one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Perhaps those numbers have no relation to those events.

38 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Perhaps those numbers have no relation to those events.

I recalculated using 1,260 instead of 1,290 and 360 instead of 365. The results are eerily accurate. If Hitler became Chancellor in January 30 1933 and died in April 30 1945, than that makes his reign 12 years and 3 months. That is 12.25 years.

(1,260 days) + (1,260 * 2) + (1,260 / 2) = 4,410 days

4,410 days / 360 = 12.25 years

9 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

OK, but why are those 12.25 years specifically being attributed to Hitler's reign? It seems like you're trying to look for a relationship where one doesn't necessarily exist.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I recalculated using 1,260 instead of 1,290 and 360 instead of 365.

So you changed the numbers to fit your conclusions?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

So you changed the numbers to fit your conclusions?

I didn't change any numbers. 1,290 is the number given in the book of Daniel, but Revelation chapter 11 gives the number 1,260. The length of a year during this time was believed to be 360 days.

Hitler became Chancellor of Germany on January 30th 1933, he killed himself on April 30th 1945. This is the length of his reign. 12 years and three months which in decimal form is 12.25 years.

According to the book of Daniel the formulae is a time, a times and half a time.

Using 1,260:

1,260 days / 360 = 3.5 years

Three and a half years is 42 months. This is the number given in Revelation to signify the beast's power on earth. (Scholars also think a time, a times and half a time means a year, 2 years and half a year or 3.5 years.)

If we take this a step further and apply this formulae to 1,260 again we get 12.25 years. Coincidentally the exact same length of Hitler in power of Germany.

(1,260 days) + (1,260 * 2) + (1,260 / 2) = 4,410 days

I actually just realized this today after I typed out my initial attempt. Previously I had just used the numbers in Daniel, not Revelation and I had tried 365 instead of 360.

You can't plan these things. Hitler nor anyone else could control that these numbers would line up exactly. It is a sign and must be a work of God.

I don't expect you or your gang to accept anything though. You will deny everything when the math is right in front of your face. Must I reiterate myself again.

Edited by Opus Magnus

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

1,290 is the number given in the book of Daniel, but Revelation chapter 11 gives the number 1,260. The length of a year during this time was believed to be 360 days.

Why use one and not the other?

Hitler became Chancellor of Germany on January 30th 1933, he killed himself on April 30th 1945. This is the length of his reign. 12 years and three months which in decimal form is 12.25 years.

Yeah, but is that 12.25 years in 365 day increments or 360 day increments?

What was Hitler's reign in actual days?

It was 4,474 days.

I don't expect you or your gang to accept anything though.

I'm not sure which gang you are referring to. I'm certainly not a gang member.

You will deny everything when the math is right in front of your face.

Yeah. I read the bunch of math that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Especially when you pick and choose what numbers you want to plug in.

2000 ÷ 3 = ~666

Y2K had something to do with the devil.

See, I can do it too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Must I reiterate myself again.

No, please don’t. I have seen enough nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1