Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High School Yearbooks Censor Trump Content

Lilly

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/trump-yearbook-photos-wall-township-high-school-new-jersey-censored-photoshopped-removed/

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/12/school-yanks-back-yearbooks-from-students-after-trumps-build-that-wall-quote-is-found/

Back when I was young the position of those considered to be liberal was that censorship (especially political censorship) was bad, very bad. It appears things have really changed...and IMO not for the better.

• Like 2

In a few years liberals are likely going to try to take the same approach to Trump as they are every other part of history they don't approve of like the Southern perspective of the Civil War.

• Like 1

I wonder if the same schools allowed "Hope and Change" slogans to appear in the yearbooks during the last administration? I'd think an investigative reporter would've looked into that.

• Like 3

Wow I can't even believe that. 

There is no way this can possibly be justified 

Maybe I'm old, and my kids are adults now, but I remember through them as kids and students, and myself years prior, we pretty much dressed up and/or properly for school pictures. If a student was in a plain t-shirt, that was a judgement call. I'm really wondering how kids can pose for pictures in t-shirts with slogans. (And are these pictures the ones that are used for the yearbook?) 

Isn't there a direction for what to kids to wear for their pictures anymore? I seem to remember there was for me and when my kids were students. 

As for the female student and yearbook saying under her picture, I would think that would be the different and just the era and her point of view of this time. I think I remember various yearbook quotes that had both sides of the political in their point of views. I would think that would stay, but I do believe that it would have to go past someone to make sure it's not offensive (all around). 

• Like 1

This Leftist nonsense comes from the top down. Academia needs an overhaul at this point.

Enjoy pushing your beliefs on impressionable young people?
Willing to disregard accepted Science and History?

Don't become a teacher!

3 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Maybe I'm old, and my kids are adults now, but I remember through them as kids and students, and myself years prior, we pretty much dressed up and/or properly for school pictures. If a student was in a plain t-shirt, that was a judgement call. I'm really wondering how kids can pose for pictures in t-shirts with slogans. (And are these pictures the ones that are used for the yearbook?) 

Isn't there a direction for what to kids to wear for their pictures anymore? I seem to remember there was for me and when my kids were students. 

As for the female student and yearbook saying under her picture, I would think that would be the different and just the era and her point of view of this time. I think I remember various yearbook quotes that had both sides of the political in their point of views. I would think that would stay, but I do believe that it would have to go past someone to make sure it's not offensive (all around). 

Broke out my senior class yearbook (ok actually had my mom break it out) and she said what I thought. Every male had on a coat, white shirt, and tie. All the females had on nice dresses. Guess times have changed. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Broke out my senior class yearbook (ok actually had my mom break it out) and she said what I thought. Every male had on a coat, white shirt, and tie. All the females had on nice dresses. Guess times have changed. 

I guess so. :blink: 

• Like 1

of course, now dressing all class alike would give thousands reason to cry,"they are taking away my individuality, they violate my freedom of expression" or sht like that.  yes things have changed, not for the better thou

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I don't recall it ever being forced.   I think parents just cared more.   It's amazing how casual everything is now.   At the office, jeans used to be forbidden.   Then it went to "casual Fridays".   Now, even upper management wears jeans every day.  

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 7:04 AM, spartan max2 said:

Wow I can't even believe that. 

There is no way this can possibly be justified 

Think so?

On 2017-06-12 at 8:17 AM, Wickian said:

In a few years liberals are likely going to try to take the same approach to Trump as they are every other part of history they don't approve of like the Southern perspective of the Civil War.

Can you elaborate on the example of the southern perspective of the civil war?

On 6/13/2017 at 0:20 PM, Bama13 said:

LOL, we knew days in advance before the photos were to be taken.

I "forget" the year, but my parents dressed me up funny. :lol:

25499029901_4b436ec199_m.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 1:20 PM, Bama13 said:

My boys high school had strict rules...shirts and ties...if their hand was at all visible in the picture it couldn't be used for the yearbook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanato said:

Can you elaborate on the example of the southern perspective of the civil war?

Without going into a long tangent on the Civil War and common misconception around it, I'll just say that many progressives feel they have both the moral obligation and responsibility to censor anything they don't agree with or believe is bigoted from relatively recent history.  They'll do everything they can to pretend Trump never happened whenever they aren't demonizing him or those they compared to him.

Just now, Wickian said:

Without going into a long tangent on the Civil War and common misconception around it, I'll just say that many progressives feel they have both the moral obligation and responsibility to censor anything they don't agree with or believe is bigoted from relatively recent history.  They'll do everything they can to pretend Trump never happened whenever they aren't demonizing him or those they compared to him.

I hate to be contrarian but I think people will be highlighting and pointing to the Trump administration for generations to come as an historic time and as a warning to future generations of voters. 

On 6/17/2017 at 3:10 PM, Farmer77 said:

I hate to be contrarian but I think people will be highlighting and pointing to the Trump administration for generations to come as an historic time and as a warning to future generations of voters. 

You mean, as a warning about the perils of a media/political complex that is advocating violence against a President? *

The hysteria now has a body count, what do you think this Summer will be like as temperatures rise and tempers shorten? So far, it ain't looking so good. 

*example #1 -

Edited by AnchorSteam

6 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

You mean, as a warning about the perils of a media/political complex that is advocating violence against a President? *

The hysteria now has a body count, what do you think this Summer will be like as temperatures rise and tempers shorten? So far, it ain't looking so good. 

*example #1 -

Actually I meant as a warning about the perils of electing a conman oligarch who despite the lack of logic in the sentiment, claims to be a populist. 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Actually I meant as a warning about the perils of electing a conman oligarch who despite the lack of logic in the sentiment, claims to be a populist. 

we all knew who he was, despite of what he said, we just found Clinton a lot worst.  

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

we all knew who he was, despite of what he said, we just found Clinton a lot worst.  

Fair enough, thenlesson should be that the lesser of two evils is not the way to run a nation 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Fair enough, thenlesson should be that the lesser of two evils is not the way to run a nation 

lesson to who??? we only had 2 choices him or her, take your pick, there was no other option. both bad choices, and in either case, we will be blamed for voting for any of them.

actually it should be lesson to you, entire system is a show. with only purpose to make it look like you matter,

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

lesson to who??? we only had 2 choices him or her, take your pick, there was no other option. both bad choices, and in either case, you will be blamed for voting for any of them.

Lesson for our entire nation that supporting pieces of garbage will eventually lead to ruin - regardless of political affiliation. 

Just now, aztek said:

actually it should be lesson to you, entire system is a show. with only purpose to make it look like you matter,

I recognize this unfortunate fact, that doesnt mean we cant work for and hope for change.