Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science Proofs: Sphinx is 800K year old

T.U.M

The constant need to come up with new fringe......even if it is old fringe rehashed, warmed over and beautified with a few sprinkles and sparkles

New fringe ?   It all seems based on old stuff or books written 20 years ago .  

Will no one step forward with some brand new  and original fringe  ? 

O Fringe !   O fringe    Wherefore art thou fringe ? 

Image result for Romeo romeo where art thou

I'm down here  ....making up some new stuff 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

New Fringe from my friend Rupert who is particularly chummy this afternoon as I brought a can of tinned tamales and placed it next to him and they are chatting away now. Unfortunately he is a bit of a cannibal*.

Atlanteans had a colony on the coast of the Boneparte Gulf  designated for nudists and what we now call 'hippies',  the Aboriginal race of Australia are pure Atlantean blood. They unfortunately lost all their Vectron power converters and fell a bit off the technology scale.

The flag of this fine people shows the circular nature of Atlantis

1000px-Australian_Aboriginal_Flag.svg.pn

* This evening I'll close the door when I shut down the computer and in the morning the poor tamale can will be found ripped open on the floor near the trash can emptied of contents and its label in tatters...poor devil.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

New fringe ?   It all seems based on old stuff or books written 20 years ago .  

Will no one step forward with some brand new  and original fringe  ? 

O Fringe !   O fringe    Wherefore art thou fringe ? 

I got your fringe rat'cheer.

5941ccf9c0f49_DavyCrockettsJacket.jpg.ea25fc614fec3680f9906632374a61ee.jpg

Killed him a bar when he was only three...

Harte

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

I took a brief look at the paper and as Colito points out they do not consider anything other mechanism for the small bulges that have formed on the Sphinx. These could be due to aeolian erosion such as some of the images seen atthis site

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/456200637224557595/

It could be due to water percolating through the rock after the infrequent rain storm.

They call them wave cut hollow such as ones seen here

http://home.moravian.edu/users/phys/mejjg01/geology/geology pages/geo_map_folder/geo_map_pages/Wave Cut Platform.htm

What they do not show is that there are wave cut hollows at the same elevation as the marks on t he sphinx in other places in the same area. Are we to expect that inundation only formed wave cut hollows on the sphinx and nowhere else?

Context is a very important thing often overlooked in fringe research. 

• Like 2

Fringes you say? Alrighty then...

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Harte said:

I got your fringe rat'cheer.

5941ccf9c0f49_DavyCrockettsJacket.jpg.ea25fc614fec3680f9906632374a61ee.jpg

Killed him a bar when he was only three...

Harte

Man, I wore stuff like that when I was single digits. 

• Like 2

With matching ....

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=160779789

?

Edited by back to earth

41 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Fringes you say? Alrighty then...

giphy.gif

We cant afford the natural ones down here  .....    so   we   ;

Image result for aussie in corked hat

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, back to earth said:

With matching ....

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=160779789

?

Actually... Yeah. 

Do I need to mention I got beat up a lot, or is it implied at this point? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

New Fringe from my friend Rupert who is particularly chummy this afternoon as I brought a can of tinned tamales and placed it next to him and they are chatting away now. Unfortunately he is a bit of a cannibal*.

Atlanteans had a colony on the coast of the Boneparte Gulf  designated for nudists and what we now call 'hippies',  the Aboriginal race of Australia are pure Atlantean blood. They unfortunately lost all their Vectron power converters and fell a bit off the technology scale.

* This evening I'll close the door when I shut down the computer and in the morning the poor tamale can will be found ripped open on the floor near the trash can emptied of contents and its label in tatters...poor devil.

It just shows that Rupert, spirit or not, is a typical guy. When a guy is hungry, he's a beast!

2 hours ago, back to earth said:

We cant afford the natural ones down here  .....    so   we   ;

Image result for aussie in corked hat

I've seen a hat like that in a YouTube video of a young dude visiting Australia and adventuring through the Outback. So is it true, do the little hat-tassels keep those pesky flies off your face? Or is it really just an Aussie fashion statement?

• Like 1

If theories are that easy, I'll spin my own.    The sphinx was not created by man at all.  In a titanic battle among the gods, the sphinx was turned to stone by Medusa.  It is so well preserved that its individual cells can be seen turned to rock.  Today they appear as stones, especially visible in its forelimbs where it tried to block Medusa's gave.  It also bears many wounds obviously inflicted by Hercules in the titanic struggle. This is proof not only that the sphinx was once a living real being, but that Medusa really could turn flesh to stone, and Hercules was stronger than a Thai chili pepper.  What other explanation could there be?

I'm new at this theory inventing deal, how am I doing so far?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A+

Help yourself to some cookies and milk.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, back to earth said:

Image result for Romeo romeo where art thou

...as someone contractually obligated to sit through student Shakespeare, I cast vituperative glances at you for making me look at some during the summer.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

A+

Help yourself to some cookies and milk.

Ahem,... the cookies and milk are for Santa the rest of us are drinking beer, he is our designated driver.

jmccr8

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

It just shows that Rupert, spirit or not, is a typical guy. When a guy is hungry, he's a beast!

I've seen a hat like that in a YouTube video of a young dude visiting Australia and adventuring through the Outback. So is it true, do the little hat-tassels keep those pesky flies off your face? Or is it really just an Aussie fashion statement?

They do !    It is sorta a fashion statement too ... like high heeled ugh boots   ( ugh ! )   .

But the good old Aussie is a dying breed amidst all this new fangled technology ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSINX_iyHF0Jdi5bVdwyrB

That only took 150 years to think up !     :) 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

If theories are that easy, I'll spin my own.    The sphinx was not created by man at all.  In a titanic battle among the gods, the sphinx was turned to stone by Medusa.  It is so well preserved that its individual cells can be seen turned to rock.  Today they appear as stones, especially visible in its forelimbs where it tried to block Medusa's gave.  It also bears many wounds obviously inflicted by Hercules in the titanic struggle. This is proof not only that the sphinx was once a living real being, but that Medusa really could turn flesh to stone, and Hercules was stronger than a Thai chili pepper.  What other explanation could there be?

Intriguing  .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

...as someone contractually obligated to sit through student Shakespeare, I cast vituperative glances at you for making me look at some during the summer.

--Jaylemurph

Pffft !    This is about as  vituperative  as you guys  get   

Spoiler

Image result for basset hound gives an unhappy look

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, kmt_sesh said:

As I recall, it's now believed modern man emerged about 250,000 years ago Best to check with cormac on that figure.

So for the time being, we can just ignore those 550,000 years that are unaccounted for. Isn't that what "science" would do?

Saw this and don't know if it's factual.  If it is it pushes us back to 300,000 years ago but nowhere near 800,000 years.  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/morocco-early-human-fossils-anthropology-science/

Total nonsense. There were thousands, millions of complex lifeforms before us. This has nothing to do with the Sphinx. I also don't think we'll be seeing the OP back again, just driving traffic to his youtube page.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Quaentum said:

Saw this and don't know if it's factual.  If it is it pushes us back to 300,000 years ago but nowhere near 800,000 years.  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/morocco-early-human-fossils-anthropology-science/

Yes, that is the current claim.

59429ed373388_Morocco-HomosapiensfrontandsideviewskullcomparedtoOmo1andOmo2andLaFerrassie1-Neanderthal-skulls.thumb.jpg.148ea7bb49711a60ca4ad4a5b858f2fe.jpg

However notice that the Moroccan remains show much more archaic features (particularly in the bottom jaw and at the rear of the skull) than the La Ferrassie 1 Neanderthal remains from France circa 70,000 and it should be stated that the genetic difference between Hs and Neanderthal has pretty much pretty much invalidated the latter being Hs as well. The Moroccan remains aren't even close to a match for the current agreed on Homo sapiens remains found at Omo Kibish. While not shown above the Moroccan remains actually appear closer in many ways to Homo erectus remains. It is a stretch IMO to call them Homo sapiens. "Homo" yes, "sapiens" not so much. 

cormac

• Like 4

On 6/13/2017 at 1:54 PM, rashore said:

Welcome to UM T.U.M. :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

Thank you RASHORE, it's so happy when I'm in :D

On 6/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, Kenemet said:

Your source, I'm afraid, doesn't do a very good job of research.  In fact, the Sphinx is mentioned by one of the Egyptian pharaohs who found it damaged and buried under the sand and wrote about restoring it.  He mentions this on a huge granite slab (called a Stele) that is sitting between the Sphinx's paws, right against its chest.

It's been repaired many times over the several thousand years of its existence - and you can even tell because the stones are a bit different in those areas (plus, people wrote about doing the repairs.)

The paper (which you can read here: http://mgu.bg/geoarchmin/naterials/64Manichev.pdf) is a real mess.  It's commenting on geologist Robert Schoch's idea and it's pretty badly done.  It's not recently published, either.  Schoch has recently changed his tune about the dating as well after fellow geologists pointed out many geological errors that he made (including failure to examine other natural outcrops.

The source of your information is... someone who doesn't do a lot of reading or a lot of research and who didn't pay much attention in school to their science class (or who had some really bad science teachers.)

Life evolved here on Earth BEFORE there was oxygen.  Yes, there have been extinction events that wiped out a lot of species.  There have even been five "Great Extinctions" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event) - the most devastating one was the Permian-Triassic Extinction event. 

Thank for your comment, exactly my document source is belong to the "Ancient aliens' theory"-believers. I consider 2 mysterious theory about human origin:

- Ancient astronauts: famous and used some esoteric science, missing facts to proof its right.
- Ancient races: from New age movement and 18th centuries scholars.

Btw, what's ever theories can prove. I think, there're truly the "old-one" before mankind. Once time again, thank you for your sharing!

16 minutes ago, T.U.M said:

- Ancient astronauts: famous and used some esoteric science, missing facts to proof its right.

There is esoteric. And there is science. But there is no esoteric science, never has been and never will be. Period.

• Like 3