Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You've never heard the term writing checks your ass cant cash? Its a rather common colloquialism ...

On the Jersey Shore, perhaps.

I'm just waiting for the antigun sermon from Obama--he's bound to say something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I disagree.  That's too slippery a slope to start down.  What's next?  TV shows and movies where people are killed?  Video games?  Books?  Crazy people are crazy regardless.

But here lately there has been more violence being promoted as being some sort of solution when one disagrees with others politically. It's been getting worse over than last couple of years IMO. If this shooting does turn out to be politically motivated then it will serve to support my position herein.

• Like 6

Just now, Lilly said:

But here lately there has been more violence being promoted as being some sort of solution when one disagrees with others politically. It's been getting worse over than last couple of years IMO. If this shooting does turn out to be politically motivated then it will serve to support my position herein.

Thats a giant leap in logic. Theres a play in DC so a guy from illinois shot someone? I think you have it backwards, the less true representation we get from our elected officials the more opposition you are going to see in all forms,  from the theatrics to the violence. 

Edited by Farmer77

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I disagree.  That's too slippery a slope to start down.  What's next?  TV shows and movies where people are killed?  Video games?  Books?  Crazy people are crazy regardless.

Hmm,  I am seeing a lot of people cheering about this.  It's beginning to seem that "crazy" is turning into mainstream. 

Censorship/imprisonment isn't the answer though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm just waiting for the antigun sermon from Obama--he's bound to say something.

He's too busy writing books, making speeches and $$$GETTING P-P-PAID!$$$

serveimage_url_http_atlantablackstar.com

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

You know, looking back, I think you are right. I have seen it too.

I wonder if it is because of the explosion of the internet and the information age.  Poison ideas can spread across the world instantly and people with hate in their hearts can link up with and support others who share their vision with a keystroke.  Maybe our humanity isn't developed to the point to handle what technology is giving us. 

Just now, Gromdor said:

You know, looking back, I think you are right. I have seen it too.

I wonder if it is because of the explosion of the internet and the information age.  Poison ideas can spread across the world instantly and people with hate in their hearts can link up with and support others who share their vision with a keystroke.  Maybe our humanity isn't developed to the point to handle what technology is giving us. 

This entire nation was founded upon the principle that when government screws you you fight back. 

It has nothing to do with the internet or television or social media or any of that. Its really simple , our government is providing taxation without representation, we fought a war over that and unless that changes we will eventually have to fight another.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm,  I am seeing a lot of people cheering about this.  It's beginning to seem that "crazy" is turning into mainstream.

Most of half of American voters are VERY happy today.

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a giant leap in logic. Theres a play in DC so a guy from illinois shot someone? I think you have it backwards, the less true representation we get from our elected officials the more opposition you are going to see in all forms,  from the theatrics to the violence. 

No, it's not just the play. It's the climate of thinking that socially accepts 'art' that portrays violence against those we politically disagree with.

Given this man's obvious threat against the President and his party "It's Time To Destroy Trump & Co."  will law enforcement now begin to take these animals seriously and start going after anti-fa and the denizens of twitter calling for the right's murder?  

threat.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Almighty Evan said:

An illustration of my point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Almighty Evan said:

The problem is the half that lost the election have lost their collective minds and are out of control with rage and hatred.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Given this man's obvious threat against the President and his party "It's Time To Destroy Trump & Co."  will law enforcement now begin to take these animals seriously and start going after anti-fa and the denizens of twitter calling for the right's murder?  

LEO are pwned by the leftists in large cities and want to go home to their families at night, so no, not in large cities or California or Connecticut.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im hoping for a classic anarchist 

An anarchist wouldn't care if it was Reps or Dems, would he?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

An anarchist wouldn't care if it was Reps or Dems, would he?

Maybe, maybe not? They may not care because they just don't care what chaos is triggered. Or they might be the type to try to calculate what would potentially cause more chaos, and choose one group over the other due to that.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

This entire nation was founded upon the principle that when government screws you you fight back. 

It has nothing to do with the internet or television or social media or any of that. Its really simple , our government is providing taxation without representation, we fought a war over that and unless that changes we will eventually have to fight another.  

We elect the people that pass the taxes. How is it taxation without representation?

• Like 1

Just now, Bama13 said:

We elect the people that pass the taxes. How is it taxation without representation?

Representation means they should be pending the money as WE want, they should be representing us and our wishes. They simply aren't. I mean would you have voted to spend tax dollars bombing Libya instead of improving our own infrastructure? 

Princeton did a study which proved our "representatives" actually represent corporate interests and not those of the American people and have been for some time. Im sure you've seen me rant about it but just in case im gonna post it one more time : 

Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens  The Source Material 

Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy Decent article on it 

The video sums it up quite nicely though, definitely , definitely worth the couple of minutes to watch. 

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

The problem is the half that lost the election have lost their collective minds and are out of control with rage and hatred.  

Yep. One of Rush's listeners just pointed out that dude's Facebook reads like a transcript of a CNN 10-person panel on Trump. MSM is a huge problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

It begins.. with all the liberal calls for assassination and death threats towards the parties that oppose them, it is starting to come to head with all the tension and now people are actually following through with their plans! I been ringing the warning bells for a long time, they are probably falling apart now. Now we are going to probably see a string of deaths or shootings against politicians and supporters. Enough is enough. There needs to be some punish me for threatening the life of politicians, basically the one that is already in the books that is being ignored.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Representation means they should be pending the money as WE want, they should be representing us and our wishes. They simply aren't. I mean would you have voted to spend tax dollars bombing Libya instead of improving our own infrastructure? 

Princeton did a study which proved our "representatives" actually represent corporate interests and not those of the American people and have been for some time. Im sure you've seen me rant about it but just in case im gonna post it one more time : 

Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens  The Source Material 

Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy Decent article on it 

The video sums it up quite nicely though, definitely , definitely worth the couple of minutes to watch. 

We elect them so they represent us. Corporations don't have votes, citizens do. If they are doing a poor job then we shouldn't re-elect them. It is all on us (and we are doing a p*** poor job, IMO). The American revolution was because the colonies did not have representation in Parliament but Parliament was passing taxes on them anyway. We, the people, are represented, albeit poorly IMO.

• Like 1