Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Thylacine Caught on trail Cam.

oldrover

More from the world famous Neil Waters, expert thylacine researcher and crusader for the truth. 

While this video does show a striped animal it's clear that the angle can't be made to fit with the back of a tiger. If it was a thylacine by where the stripes begin/end the only part of the body this could be would be just behind or at the shoulder, meaning what we'd be seeing here is an anatomically impossible bend  of the spine, plus a completely unnatural posture. So, what I believe we're seeing is the flanks of an animal head on. This rules out a tiger as the stripes are running laterally rather than vertically. 

I'm not sure which species this is but I strongly suspect it'd like a nice saucer of milk and a kipper. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Possible Thylacine Caught on trail Cam.

12 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Might be a little Numbat

I thought that initially, but as the video plays out you can see that there are only three stripes, numbats and tigers are marked right across their backs. I think this is probably a close up of a cat's  backside. 

• Like 1

The only mystery here is...Why would anyone post such a crappy video and then make such outrageous assumptions. By the way...!
Does anyone else find this site to be very slow when trying to load the page or view the videos? I don't have this problem else where. A true unsolved mystery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eddword said:

The only mystery here is...Why would anyone post such a crappy video and then make such outrageous assumptions. By the way...!

Who do you mean there?

I"m going to hope. :)

6 hours ago, oldrover said:

I think this is probably a close up of a cat's  backside. 

And I think I know which one it is too. Look familiar?..

RAJZZF5J3H.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Stiff said:

And I think I know which one it is too. Look familiar?..

RAJZZF5J3H.gif

Oh yes. A saggy old cloth cat perhaps, but Emily loved him. 

• Like 2

Fake as always, why is that every time there's sightings of live Tasmanian Tigers, they're so out of focus...

• Like 1

The shadow of the striped animal does not look right against the stems of the bushes, it looks like a shadow on a wall and the wall has a print of a bush scene on it . I couldn't see one blade of grass moving , the only thing that moves is the striped animal that moves strangely, almost like it is being held and moved around so only the back end remains visible. 

• Like 2

at 1:42 i can see a tail flik like a cat that is cleaning itself

10 hours ago, Ozfactor said:

The shadow of the striped animal does not look right against the stems of the bushes, it looks like a shadow on a wall and the wall has a print of a bush scene on it . I couldn't see one blade of grass moving , the only thing that moves is the striped animal that moves strangely,

I noticed that too.   The rest of the scenery seems too still.  

I assume this is supposed to be the night vision, however it does not look like the night vision I see on my trail cam or others.   I may be wrong though.   I'm not a trail cam expert.

If not night vision, why would it be black and white?

21 hours ago, eddword said:

Does anyone else find this site to be very slow when trying to load the page or view the videos? I don't have this problem else where. A true unsolved mystery.

15 minutes of fame. Today's mental state/egos make people to need instant gratification. Otherwise would Facebook, Twitter and other similar sites exist and be so successful? . Facebook was a great concept, but with any other good idea the "Hey look what I can do!" or "Aren't my kids cute?" shares are most prevalent.  If we stop watch them, they will just go away, hopefully quietly.

29 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

15 minutes of fame. Today's mental state/egos make people to need instant gratification. Otherwise would Facebook, Twitter and other similar sites exist and be so successful? . Facebook was a great concept, but with any other good idea the "Hey look what I can do!" or "Aren't my kids cute?" shares are most prevalent.  If we stop watch them, they will just go away, hopefully quietly.

Not this one. He's trouble. I'm not sure if it'd be OK to mention the details here as none of the other parties post here, but this chap has been very naughty recently. It's the same guy who was posting up the fox videos last year. He had his 15 minutes then, now it's waning and he's not taking it very well. 

• Like 1

I don't really mind.   I'd rather sift through the crap than to not have a potentially real video posted.  

• Like 3

A,striped bandicoot.