Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Room That Came and Went

Bobban

This happened just the other day. I had an appointment at a local massage studio and it was a sunny and hot Sunday afternoon. When I arrived at the studio I had to wait outside because the staff keeps the front door locked when they are not in the reception area. After a few minutes I was let in by the girl that was my masseuse. I believe the two of us were the only people in the building since I saw or heard no one else. The room where I had my massage was located at the back-end of the building, on the right hand side. To get there we walked along a long corridor and on both sides there were small massage rooms with a number on the door and all doors were carefully closed.

When the massage was over the masseuse asked me to take my time dressing while she waited up-front. I dressed, picked up my things and exited the room left into the corridor and at that moment I froze. I had expected to see the corridor that led all the way back to the reception area but the I only saw a short corridor, perhaps 15 feet long, and ending in front of a door. As all other doors in this building this door too was shut. My sense of direction is not very good and my family and friends have for a long time known this and poked fun at me all in good humor. Consequently I immediately assumed that I must after all have come here through a side door and there was one to the left of the door in front of me. I walked down to the end of the corridor and looked at the door on the left hand side. It said "Staff Only" so that couldn't be it. I felt increasingly bewildered by the situation and decided to go back to my massage room to collect my thoughts. There must obviously be a way out; How else could I have gotten in?

Back in my room I decided to make another attempt to get out. I had started to worry about what the masseuse would think of her client if that client was unable to find his way back to the reception and so I was eager to find my way back out. When I exited the room a second time and looked down the corridor it now again stretched a full 50 feet all the way back to the reception area. I could even see the front door and the sunny street outside. The door that only a mere 10 seconds ago had blocked the view to the reception area was gone. My first thought was that perhaps there was a door there that I hadn't noticed before on my way in - a door that had blown closed, so I looked carefully at the wall but I couldn't see any signs of a door. I did see the Staff Only room so I knew where to look.

I had been as I said eager to get out and didn't think too much about the event until I was walking back home again. I recalled that when it had been maybe 10 minutes left of my massage session I had heard a door open up close by and someone walking through the corridor outside of my massage room, enter a room and close the door. I had assumed that it was a staff person coming (no visitor can access since the front door is always locked) but now it occured to me that it had sounded as if the person entering the building had passed outside my door from right to left. That didn't make any sense because to the right of my door was only the back end wall of the building and it had no door in it. However, to the left of my room was of course that odd room that had appeared and then disappeared and it's tempting to think that whoever passed my door went into that room. The masseuse must have heard it too, the sounds had been very loud and clear, but she never acknowledged it one way or the other. Perhaps it really was a colleague of hers arriving but why then walk right into a massage room and close the door? I never saw anyone else in the reception area with her when I left. Perhaps she was used to these oddities and didn't think much of it and besides, what's the point of risk frightening the clients?

I can only speculate about who entered the building and what that person did there but the appearance and subsequent disappearance of that door blocking the corridor was real and I have no idea how to explain it. I was never frightened when it happened. What can be frightening about a plain corridor with doors that have a number on them? I've seen them hundreds of times. But still, in hindsight I realize that this event has actually shaken me up. It upends all I thought I knew about the laws of physics. A building simply cannot rearrange itself, that's impossible. And yet, I know what I saw. Did my brain play a trick on me making me believe I saw that door? Well, I don't know but it seems very unlikely. I have never experienced anything similar and I'm considered stable and calm as a person. I don't suffer from any mental problems and I don't get a kick out of making up fantastic stories. The masseuse had told me to take my time when putting my clothes back on since people sometimes can feel tired or shaky after a massage. I on the other hand had felt just great and very clear in my head so I don't think that could have been a factor.

This event has given me something to think about because it threatens my very understanding of what reality is. I don't know if you believe my story and I honestly don't care either way. I'm telling it because I wanted to see if there perhaps are other people that have had a similar experience. I do feel a need to at least see I'm not alone in having had an experience like this even if I may never be able to get an explanation for what really happened. Are there anyone else?

• Like 1

Here is how reality hacking works:

The idea is that there are small weaknesses in our reality—parts that are thinner and more pliable. (Interestingly enough, Lisa got the idea of "thinner reality" from the same comic book series) A few quick examples of these thin areas include sacred spaces, highly emotional group settings or virtual reality environments. Any place that alters consciousness and fools the brain into temporarily loosening its death grip on physical reality will probably work. 

The thin areas are then exploited by applying an experimental hack – usually a combination of mixed spiritual practice, modified ideas from fictional sources rounded out with a good dose of hardwired technology. If the hacking combination is successful, something weird and unexplainable will happen that everyone can see and experience. If the results are good enough, another hack will be stacked on top of the first one to worm in even further. The process is repeated again and again, going deeper and deeper, getting more and more creative as each bizarre twist and turn is explored—uncovering larger and stranger effects. 

2. Don't Kill the Quantum

The fluid world is around us all the time. Sometimes we even manage to stumble into contact with it and have an extraordinary and unexplainable experience. Unfortunately, these rare and fantastic experiences are so alien to our established sense of reality that our first instinct is to clamp the experience off and pretend it didn’t happen. As soon as you can train yourself to not explain away random spiritual events you will be ready for the next reality hacking tip. 

3. Follow Your "Hackcidents"

This tip is the simplest idea of the three and probably the most powerful. A "hackcident" is spiritual accident that can be reverse engineered into a stable reality hack. 

Here's how you do it: Instead of shutting down an extraordinary event — follow it. Don’t run away from a reality-bending experience. Train yourself to run towards it. Shove your foot in the door and start scootching your way in. Ask questions. What is this? How is it happening? Why is it happening? Muster every bit of your curiosity, knowledge, personal training and sense of adventure and put it to work. See if you can find out more about what this thing is and how it might function. This is your White Rabbit. Learn to follow it all the way down the rabbit hole and you just might find Wonderland. 

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/07/three-tips-for-hacking-reality.html?m=1

• Like 1

so when we step a pace or stop a pause in place the rooms are always switching 

if it stayed same it be a dead world but change is only constant 

soon one will report they were told they walked through a wall but was just  tired and are sure they used the door

teach me how please soon when it's my turn for even if I do it or see it that is baby steps not teacher so master hilarion come and teach one soon and lady Ariel aka Ariel – Kali Ma, Oya, Hecate – and other titles let it begin full we rise and walk alive for first time and taking first steps in.....the Outside of Reality