Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claire.

Fetuses may respond to faces while in womb

5 posts in this topic

Fetuses May Respond to Faces While in the Womb

Fetuses favor patterns of light that resemble faces over those without face-like features, a new study suggests. The study, published last week in Current Biology, is the first to test visual processing in babies before birth. The findings suggest that a preference for faces starts even before a baby has ever seen a face. And they run counter to the idea that babies like faces simply because that’s what they see first.

Read more: Scientific American

This is so dumb, what is a baby suppose to recognize a freaken tiger. Maybe if your a tiger baby. I raised baby birds and they imprinted on me doesn`t make me a bird. When your born all you know what to do, is cry and poop. A baby gives no schits who wipes there bum or feeds them.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

This is so dumb, what is a baby suppose to recognize a freaken tiger. Maybe if your a tiger baby. I raised baby birds and they imprinted on me doesn`t make me a bird. When your born all you know what to do, is cry and poop. A baby gives no schits who wipes there bum or feeds them.

you also know how to breath, hold your breath under water and suckle.  why do you want to believe they can't recognize faces or shapes of faces.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, danielost said:

you also know how to breath, hold your breath under water and suckle.  why do you want to believe they can't recognize faces or shapes of faces.

Hold your breath under water sure you were grown in liquide but how do you recognize a face if you have never seen one before. PLus who doesn`t want to suckle lol

Seeing patterns of light and preferring face-like structures makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. You want to be able to recognize what is about to feed and protect you.

1 person likes this