Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
Essan

"City of Giants" Discovered in Ethiopia

62 posts in this topic

I'm not convinced of giants until the discovery of giant toiletries,  pulleys don't make.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Essan said:

A forgotten city thought to date back as far as the 10th century AD has been uncovered by a team of archaeologists in eastern Ethiopia.

Artefacts from Egypt, India and China have been found in the city in the Harlaa region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-40301959

Okay, this is basically just an interesting archaeological discovery.   So why post it here?   Well, one comment in the BBC report caught my eye: "there was a local myth that the area was occupied by giants because the settlement buildings and walls were constructed with large stone blocks that could not be lifted by ordinary people "

How often have we heard that?!   Such stories about more ancient ruins have, on more than one occasion, been used as "evidence" either that there really were "giants" living on Earth a few thousand years ago, or that some ancient cities were built by people or aliens using advanced technology ...

Here though, we have a clear example of how such stories should not be give any credence whatsoever, since we know all about the ordinary humans who built and lived in this city and traded across the Indian Ocean and beyond 1,000 years ago.

Ethiopia and The book of Enoch which they hold dear there,   talks about the giants. People say that it was not included in the bible because history is hidden from us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically people were shorter than today, so giants were probably just encounters with people very tall but within known human limits (equivalent to George Mureasan, Shaq, etc.)

Anyway the city is interesting discovery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and interesting discovery. I'm 6'2" and the first time I went to Sweden I found it very strange to be be a rather short person there, I had been the tallest person in my HS (in Hawaii) and it was a bit disorienting to have lots of women taller than me wandering about! In that instance I understand how shorter people might label anyone taller than them 'giants'.

As noted if there were tribes of giants (9-25+ footers) we should have no problem finding giant housing, tools and of course skeletons. The fantastical stories about every government in the world hiding them is both ludicrous and amusing

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. I've often wondered why most Cathedral doors are 4 to 6 metres high.
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yes and interesting discovery. I'm 6'2" and the first time I went to Sweden I found it very strange to be be a rather short person there, I had been the tallest person in my HS (in Hawaii) and it was a bit disorienting to have lots of women taller than me wandering about! In that instance I understand how shorter people might label anyone taller than them 'giants'.

As noted if there were tribes of giants (9-25+ footers) we should have no problem finding giant housing, tools and of course skeletons. The fantastical stories about every government in the world hiding them is both ludicrous and amusing

 

Does this mean that my government never sanctioned or approved my  childhood fairy tale books    !    :o

( I never knew my Parents were rad commie  subversives )

That sucks .... all those fond memories I had ......   

 

Image result for little golden books jack the giant killer

Jack kills Cormoran with a pick-axe

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, spud the mackem said:
  1. I've often wondered why most Cathedral doors are 4 to 6 metres high.

So the guy with the big hat can get through

 

Related image

 

also there is this  to fit through as well

 

 

Image result for priest procession  under canopy

 

This is a relic from the past, when Father O'Flattery point blank refused to get out of his 4 poster bed on Sunday  mornings to say early mass .   They came up with a way to fix that ... and it ended up a tradition. 

Edited by back to earth
9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same has been said of the large blocks of masonry in Egypt. This is generally told by folks with little knowledge of Egypt and even less of human evolution—the fringe and/or New Age crowd. But even the ancients said this of Mycenae, because those huge stone blocks couldn't be lifted by humans. So, you see? It's a myth stretching from ancient times to modern.

As for the modern fringe types, they never can seem to find any credible or useful evidence to support the idea, so I agree with the earlier comment that their standard reply is that the government/universities/archaeologists/et cetera are hiding "THE TRUTH" from us. Goodness.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

 so I agree with the earlier comment that their standard reply is that the government/universities/archaeologists/et cetera are hiding "THE TRUTH" from us.

Well when I was working at 'universities' I hid the truth, truly I did, for at my desk, or more properly under it, I had a large box of giant finger bones which I showed to no one. I swept the lands around where I lived and pulverized giant teeth, pottery, helmets and the odd small hamlets on an hourly basis...... okay okay okay I didn't really do that but why do the fringe get to be the only people to make up silly stuff?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well when I was working at 'universities' I hid the truth, truly I did, for at my desk, or more properly under it, I had a large box of giant finger bones which I showed to no one. I swept the lands around where I lived and pulverized giant teeth, pottery, helmets and the odd small hamlets on an hourly basis...... okay okay okay I didn't really do that but why do the fringe get to be the only people to make up silly stuff?

You are more than welcome to join the parade of fringe folly. All that is required is a big imagination, a rudimentary knowledge of history and science, the ability to twist basic facts into nonsense, and an old can of chili with an Atlantean spirit trapped in it.

Do you fit any of these criteria?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

You are more than welcome to join the parade of fringe folly. All that is required is a big imagination, a rudimentary knowledge of history and science, the ability to twist basic facts into nonsense, and an old can of chili with an Atlantean spirit trapped in it.

Do you fit any of these criteria?

Yes and I have a well-adapted ability to deny anything! Denial is one of the main weapons of the fringe, that along with connecting dots, believing personal incredulity produces facts and that all academia is in on the the 'fix'.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yes and I have a well-adapted ability to deny anything! Denial is one of the main weapons of the fringe, that along with connecting dots, believing personal incredulity produces facts and that all academia is in on the the 'fix'.

You're most right, of course. I left out that one. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

We might also add that it takes a certain amount of crazy. I know, that describes a lot of us here already (surely myself included), but it's a very special kind of crazy.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wait !    Are you guys thinking about leaving 'The Cabal'   !    :angry:   

Spoiler

S.   " Procul, O procul este profani!  " 

[He performs the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. He next lights the hell-broth.]


" Even as the traitor's breath
Goeth forth, he perisheth
By the secret sibilant word that is spoken unto death.
Even as the profane hand
Reacheth to the sacred sand,
Fire consumes him that his name be forgotten in the land.
Even as the wicked eye
Seeks the mysteries to spy,
So the blindness of the gods takes his spirit: he shall die.
Even as the evil priest,
Poisoned by the sacred feast,
Changes by its seven powers to the misbegotten beast:
Even as the powers of ill,
Broken by the wanded will,
Shriek about the holy place, vain and vague and terrible:
Even as the lords of hell,
Chained in fires before the spell,
Strain upon the sightless steel, break not fetters nor compel:
 
So be distant, O profane!
Children of the hurricane!
Lest the sword of fire destroy, lest the ways of death be plain!
So depart, and so be wise,
Lest your perishable eyes
Look upon the formless fire, see the maiden sacrifice!
So depart, and secret flame
Burnt upon the stone of shame,
That the holy ones may hear music of the sleepless Name!
Holy, holy, holy spouse
Of the sun-engirdled house,
With the secret symbol burning on thy  brows!
...
Even as the traitor's breath
Goeth forth, he perisheth
By the secret sibilant word that is spoken unto death.

winged-skull-forehead-tattoo.jpg

 

 

Edited by back to earth
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! There is no leaving the Cabal! Once a member, always a member. The only way out is burial. Mummification included.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst part is    thou shalt be condemned to ever wearing  .....  < shudder >   ..... 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQosxC_Aweu66cRaK2pOqP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 18, 2017 at 10:42 PM, back to earth said:

The worst part is    thou shalt be condemned to ever wearing  .....  < shudder >   ..... 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQosxC_Aweu66cRaK2pOqP

What of it, bub? It looks just like my exercise apparel. All the fashionable mummies dress like that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably in 1000 years people discussing such finds will not say, "These blocks are so big, the people that lived here must have been giants.", instead they will say, "These blocks are so big, the people that lived here must have been superheros.". 

The only evidence is the size of the blocks? Pretty slim evidence there. Local people must still be a pretty undereducated superstitious lot.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Probably in 1000 years people discussing such finds will not say, "These blocks are so big, the people that lived here must have been giants.", instead they will say, "These blocks are so big, the people that lived here must have been superheros.". 

The only evidence is the size of the blocks? Pretty slim evidence there. Local people must still be a pretty undereducated superstitious lot.

Just the local people? Have you seen the "giants" debates at UM? And all over the internet? I have a two-part article about the subject on my blog, and people who are angered by my refutations continue to leave biting comments. Critical thinking, people? Is critical thinking a dying (or dead) practice?

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Just the local people? Have you seen the "giants" debates at UM? And all over the internet? I have a two-part article about the subject on my blog, and people who are angered by my refutations continue to leave biting comments. Critical thinking, people? Is critical thinking a dying (or dead) practice?

I've seen many of the debates/threads. :blink: It is crazy that people just completely dismiss scientific principles, just so their beliefs will not be challenged.

I think a great many people are being undereducated, even here in the US, Japan, and Europe.

Edited by DieChecker
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows, maybe Prester John lived there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Just the local people? Have you seen the "giants" debates at UM? And all over the internet? I have a two-part article about the subject on my blog, and people who are angered by my refutations continue to leave biting comments. Critical thinking, people? Is critical thinking a dying (or dead) practice?

I tend to think critically.

Critically thinking of the Academic orthodoxic cabal who in collusion with the Smithsonian Institute have destroyed or hidden evidence that is contrary to their accepted paradigm. The idea a race of giants could have completed those megalithic structures rather than humans, indicating a race other than Homo Sapiens with potentially superior knowledge is an affront to their ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I tend to think critically.

Critically thinking of the Academic orthodoxic cabal who in collusion with the Smithsonian Institute have destroyed or hidden evidence that is contrary to their accepted paradigm. The idea a race of giants could have completed those megalithic structures rather than humans, indicating a race other than Homo Sapiens with potentially superior knowledge is an affront to their ego.

Bah!

You're treading a thin line, sir. Be careful. I will dispatch the black helicopters.

And it's "Cabal"...always with a capital "C."

Postscript: The Smithsonian is hiding nothing. We moved it all to a secret location. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must make more space in my closet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Hanslune said:

Yes and interesting discovery. I'm 6'2" and the first time I went to Sweden I found it very strange to be be a rather short person there, I had been the tallest person in my HS (in Hawaii) and it was a bit disorienting to have lots of women taller than me wandering about! In that instance I understand how shorter people might label anyone taller than them 'giants'.

As noted if there were tribes of giants (9-25+ footers) we should have no problem finding giant housing, tools and of course skeletons. The fantastical stories about every government in the world hiding them is both ludicrous and amusing

Sounds like I need to make a trek to Sweden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 9:24 AM, Hanslune said:

... In that instance I understand how shorter people might label anyone taller than them 'giants'...

Well, yes, that's how I generally view other people. I'm all of 5'4."

But I'd be somewhat tall thousands of years ago, at leasing in the Middle East. The average man was around 5'2" and the average woman 4'10."

This business with "ancient giants" is a mixture of misinterpreting pictorial artwork, misunderstanding ancient textual evidence, and not understanding the nature of real archaeological evidence and the realities of human evolution.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.