Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nerds are imprisoning us

Ravenharp

Eg. automated cars, ‘smart’ homes, fridges, dishwashers, NSA, and ‘neuralink’ brain implants to connect our brains to the internet. (If you don't believe me on that last once, search ''Elon musk Neuralink implant. This isn't a sci fi horror movie anymore. It's real!) This isn’t progress anymore it’s control. I notice modern nerds seem to go out of their way more to harm people instead of finding the cure for disease and famine. They just seem like a big hivemind rather than individual persons, yelling ''this is the future! Suck it up!'' or ''luddite!'' if you even REMOTELY criticise their ideas, and also censoring people (such as  Reddit) by downvoting en masse if someone disagrees even slightly with these soon to be mandated ideas. It's no longer an obscure subject. It's being rubbed in our faces.

You can say ''you don't HAVE to buy these things'', well the issue is these nerds are going to soon MANDATE these items and potentially imprison us if we don't conform to this artificial, freedomless way of life. They're looking to ban human drivers off the roads. The future is here and it's a dystopian one. 1984 is becoming a reality. Gone are the days when the nerds were focusing on real issues such as curing Polio with vaccines and coming up with ways to repair our DNA.

Seriously. WTF happened. This stuff doesn't help my blood pressure or my depression. I miss when nerds were actually GOOD people and were finding cures for disease and famine. Now they're just evil megalomaniacal people.

I no longer feel sorry for nerds if bad stuff comes to them. 

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 8

Just now, Ravenharp said:

1984 is becoming a reality.

“The people will not revolt. They will not look up from their screens long enough to notice what’s happening.” - Orwell, 1984

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

“The people will not revolt. They will not look up from their screens long enough to notice what’s happening.” - Orwell, 1984

1984 was a warning... not a manual. 

• Like 8

I mean look at the top comments on this video regarding driverless cars

''This is the future!'' as if it's some kind of religious cult chant... 

• Like 1

I don't normally go for conspiracy theories, but..... I think there is something sinister going on here.

Early tech companies in Silicon Valley were born out of the Californian Hippie free spirit, but it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Edited by acute
  • Like 5

Should have known,  I saw revenge of the nerds countless times but never dreamed they'd pull it off, and what's worse is they turned ogre into a nerd too. Thank god for president biff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

I don't normally go for conspiracy theories, but..... I think there is something sinister going on here.

Early tech companies in Silicon Valley were born out of the Californian Hippie free spirit, but it doesn't feel like that anymore.

This. 

I'm usually good with technology. For example being able to play super HD games on a hand held console, medical technology and graphic design technology. But I'm apparently a ''luddite'' who is against ''progress'' if I'm against the things I mentioned in OP or if I'm even remotely critical of them. 

It's especially rampant on Reddit. Here's what a guy's just sent me: 

''Automation will be the thing that totally frees Humanity from pointless labor, and silly pointless jobs that we have by and large adopted for our society.''

Edited by Ravenharp

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Look at this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/is-there-something-wrong-people-who-do-not-use-facebook

So, if you're not consumed with looking at your Facebook account or staring at your iPhone screen then something is probably *wrong* with you? Yeah, I'm starting to think there could be something nefarious going on as well.

Seriously? I did not know of this. Thank you for the link to that article!

I don't use Facebook either. I made an account in 2010 then dumped it after a week or two. Didn't see the appeal. Same with iPhones. I always saw Facebook as like a game of how many friends and 'likes' you have. If I want to talk with friends I meet them face to face or use my phone which can only send texts and make calls. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, acute said:

No theyve largely been infiltrated by the alphabet agencies. Hell remember when Israel banned Pokemon Go from its bases because of its maker's relationship with the CIA? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Look at this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/is-there-something-wrong-people-who-do-not-use-facebook

So, if you're not consumed with looking at your Facebook account or staring at your iPhone screen then something is probably *wrong* with you? Yeah, I'm starting to think there could be something nefarious going on as well.

Talk about Irony, you post that article and 18 minutes later im on cracked.com and come across this from an article entitled "if every company decided to go with passive aggressive ads" 

Entry 19

• Like 2

I seem to be able to function 'in this day and age' pretty well and I've never had an account on Facebook. I have a computer and manage to do what I need to do with it minus Facebook. I also have an iPhone7 and use it all the time (love the camera and the GPS). I do not spend all my time on my computer or my iPhone. Heck, coming here to UM is enough for me. Technology is great and all but it just can't take the place of seeing my friends and my children, or just taking a walk down by the ocean with my dog.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No , they will resist, like Hillary & Obama told them to do.  . Remember when you mentioned how the 3rd war would be planned out by the Freemasons in Pikes book? yet, on another thread you were  asking one  how to join, here you go again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

No , they will resist, like Hillary & Obama told them to do.  . Remember when you mentioned how the 3rd war would be planned out by the Freemasons in Pikes book? yet, on another thread you were  asking one  how to join, here you go again.

We seem to be outnumbered... just go on Reddit or YouTube regarding these topics and you'll see what I mean. 

Just now, Ellapennella said:

I dont recall the thread where I spoke about the freemasons starting ww3 but ill take your word for it. As for joining, well I used to use the church to make connections and network but really dont have the stomach to deal with those people anymore so I am looking for new networking resources. It does suck being a grown up sometimes. 

Edit to add: Kind of a weird place to choose to attack me over that isnt it? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ravenharp said:

We seem to be outnumbered... just go on Reddit or YouTube regarding these topics and you'll see what I mean. 

I don't think we're outnumbered,,I think there is a division, that is becoming more evident everyday.

I see how they mock us in everything, you know what I'm referring to right? not just everyday people being mean . They put things out there and the majority have no clue.

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I dont recall the thread where I spoke about the freemasons starting ww3 but ill take your word for it. As for joining, well I used to use the church to make connections and network but really dont have the stomach to deal with those people anymore so I am looking for new networking resources. It does suck being a grown up sometimes. 

Edit to add: Kind of a weird place to choose to attack me over that isnt it? 

again, you don't recall. are you high?

Farmer, you do remember talking about Albert Pike though right?

No I really don't to be honest. I mean i am well aware who he is but I dont recall that specific conversation. 

Maybe its the pot or maybe its the MS, most likely its just a result of 12 hour shifts in front of this damn computer. I believe you when you said we had the conversation though

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

No I really don't to be honest. I mean i am well aware who he is but I dont recall that specific conversation. 

Maybe its the pot or maybe its the MS, most likely its just a result of 12 hour shifts in front of this damn computer. I believe you when you said we had the conversation though

You spoke about it before and it just always seemed odd that, if you understand that,and  yet have no problem with what the 9th circuit has done and every other thing that has been done to destroy and disrupt society what are you fighting for?

You spoke about it before and it just always seemed odd that, if you understand that,and  yet have no problem with what the 9th circuit has done and every other thing that has been done to destroy and disrupt society what are you fighting for?

I dont believe Trump is any different. Thats really the bottom line, I see Trump as nothing more than an elitist conman who suckered people into believing a whole PACK of lies Trump broke 80 promises in 100 days . 

Why do you think he said he wouldnt push to have Hillary prosecuted? Because HE IS ONE OF THEM 

3 hours ago, Ravenharp said:

I mean look at the top comments on this video regarding driverless cars

''This is the future!'' as if it's some kind of religious cult chant... 

Unions will form and fight for jobs. Notice how there's no mention  of replacing jobs with something other?

What's next ? 

Unions will form and fight for jobs. Notice how there's no mention  of replacing jobs with something other?

What's next ? 

A universal basic income. All citizens will receive a minimal amount of money to live on. Theyre already doing a trial run of that somewhere in Canada and in one or more of the Nordic nations I believe. That is the future im afraid. 

• Like 1

To me the driverless car is a way to monitor the population. Most everyone has gps on there phone now but we can turn that off. The driverless car will track you everywhere. I bet the next step is to put gps units in bicycles or in running shoes maybe in mandatory vaccines. I know crazy but I don`t doubt it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

A universal basic income. All citizens will receive a minimal amount of money to live on. Theyre already doing a trial run of that somewhere in Canada and in one or more of the Nordic nations I believe. That is the future im afraid. 

A link would be nice as I havn`t heard of this.