Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hairless husky photograph goes viral online

UM-Bot

That's s terrible thing to do to a dog, especially in the summer when it will easily sunburn without it's hair.

Well there is an Elizabethan collar on top of the shelves on the left, so hopefully that suggests it's in some kind of proper medical setting and was shaved for a legitimate reason. 

The things that go viral are getting less and less interesting. 

Edited by Gary Meadows
  • Like 2

YOU NEVER SHAVE A HUSKY!! they got a second layer to protect from the sun and insects, people dont have any sense anymore

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

YOU NEVER SHAVE A HUSKY!! they got a second layer to protect from the sun and insects, people dont have any sense anymore

It is probably medically related going by what's in the photo. 

• Like 1

It doesn't appear that the dog is in any pain. I don't understand why people are claiming its "abuse." I don't think shaving a dog is abusive. =/ I don't understand people.

• Like 1

Some dogs, its fine. Huskies it's very much not, and you will want to because they shed terribly. As said their second coat shouldn't be cut. Its a shield for them.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 4:14 PM, Princess Serenity said:

It doesn't appear that the dog is in any pain. I don't understand why people are claiming its "abuse." I don't think shaving a dog is abusive. =/ I don't understand people.

Like travelnjones said, with some dogs it's ok, but breeds with a double coat shouldn't be shaved since their coats are what protects them from the elements. Without it they can sunburn, overheat, freeze, etc., and their coats will probably grow back less attractive than it used to be. The setting looks to be at a vet or groomer, so it was probably necessary, poor thing.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 5:44 PM, Princess Serenity said:

yeah certain breeds you can but husky for one you shouldnt!

I have a husky and I don't think she'd be this skinny if I shaved her. That being said, I wouldn't shave her either because she has a double-coat and it may not grow back properly. I had a neighbor who shaved his malamute and that poor dog's hair never grew back. His fur looked like Einstein's hair, wirey and white.

• Like 1

I wonder, if cut finger(s) (pinky) of that dog owner(s), would it be hilarious and worth Instagram? Some dog owners deserve to be beaten to the pulp.