Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6 Things I Learned When Cops Raided My House

Farmer77

6 Things I Learned When The Cops Raided My House By Mistake 

You probably believe that if you aren't breaking any rules, you have nothing to fear from the police. It's part of what holds society together. Well, that, and the promise of new episodes of Game Of Thrones. But sometimes -- only during TV's off-season, of course -- injustices happen. It happened to me. My girlfriend and I had our house raided by the police, and we were nearly arrested for drug possession. Because our downstairs neighbor was a drug dealer. How does that happen? Guilt by osmosis? Listen up ...

• Like 6

Whoa.     :huh:

• Like 1

My nightmare would be if one of my dogs got shot.  I don't have large or vicious dogs but I've heard more than once that police will sometimes put them down just for looking threatening and barking.  God help me but I think I'd return the favor if one of them needlessly killed my dog.  I'm sure that most LEOs are conscientious and honorable but I'm also sure that there are some that don't need to be anywhere NEAR a badge. I think that on that kind, the badge gives them a feeling of invincibility.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, and then said:

My nightmare would be if one of my dogs got shot.  I don't have large or vicious dogs but I've heard more than once that police will sometimes put them down just for looking threatening and barking.  God help me but I think I'd return the favor if one of them needlessly killed my dog.  I'm sure that most LEOs are conscientious and honorable but I'm also sure that there are some that don't need to be anywhere NEAR a badge. I think that on that kind, the badge gives them a feeling of invincibility.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

My daughter has done 2 interships with different police depts as she is in the process of becoming an officer herself.  She said there are a lot of jerks out there who use their position as a power trip but there are also some decent, hardworking officers.   I'm so sorry that Farmer got the jerks of the dept, which puts a bad light on all of them.  

• Like 3

This could easily have happened to me 40 years ago. My roommate was selling, and I didn't know about it until a guy knocked on the door and asked if he could buy some weed. I confronted my roommate, and he moved out the next day. 

• Like 2

Just now, tcgram said:

My daughter has done 2 interships with different police depts as she is in the process of becoming an officer herself.  She said there are a lot of jerks out there who use their position as a power trip but there are also some decent, hardworking officers.   I'm so sorry that Farmer got the jerks of the dept, which puts a bad light on all of them.  

Oh thank you but thats not my personal story, i just found it to be a good read and having had something similar happen to me I thought it was a good share.

In my case though my roommate unbeknownst to me had gotten murdered and also unbeknownst to me I was the prime suspect at the time, the police absolutely destroyed my house and strew my belongings everywhere - immediately after informing me my best friend was dead and throwing me in handcuffs. 

They did eventually catch the ones who actually did it.  

• Like 4

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Oh thank you but thats not my personal story, i just found it to be a good read and having had something similar happen to me I thought it was a good share.

In my case though my roommate unbeknownst to me had gotten murdered and also unbeknownst to me I was the prime suspect at the time, the police absolutely destroyed my house and strew my belongings everywhere - immediately after informing me my best friend was dead and throwing me in handcuffs. 

They did eventually catch the ones who actually did it.  

Wow!!   That's horrible!    

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Wow, that's some heavy stuff, Farmer77. I can't even imagine the emotions you had to deal with. Must have taken a while to recover from that. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, tcgram said:

Wow!!   That's horrible!    

8 hours ago, simplybill said:

Wow, that's some heavy stuff, Farmer77. I can't even imagine the emotions you had to deal with. Must have taken a while to recover from that. 

Well thanks guys. It was a long time ago now but definitely had a large impact on my life. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is the link/website safe? I just was reading the article and I got hit by ransomware. Not sure if that's what caused it or if the cpu was infected earlier but just showed up now?

Just now, ChewiesArmy said:

Is the link/website safe? I just was reading the article and I got hit by ransomware. Not sure if that's what caused it or if the cpu was infected earlier but just showed up now?

Really? I've been reading Cracked.com for many many years and never had a problem.  SInce I posted the link I feel kinda bad, 

• Like 1

Yeah...nevermind, just a coincidence. Our company got hit by the ransomware and it just happened to spread to my computer at that time. I didn't think it was the link, but I just didn't want anybody here having issues just in case.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 1