Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why would aliens come here or contact us

NotAlien7

17 hours ago, JOHNNYAITCH said:

Hi..a newbie here..always been interested in this sort of topic so looking fwd to taking part in discussions

In answering this I believe one has to take into account that alien life may not think like we do, may have different priorities, entirely different motives, different thought processes and so on. When Europeans went out into the world hundreds of years ago the motives were many and varied from the curious to the commercial so it's reasonable to assume that aliens might have very different and indeed equally diverse motives.

Why might they come here? Cos they can,cos they see commercial opportunities, cos they are driven to conquer, cos they are driven to make new friends, cos they want to help us , cos they want to learn form us and so on

My point really it's difficult (maybe impossible|) to understand why...we can't just say why they would or would not because we can't assume they think like we do and so don't know what drives them.

Personally I think they came here a long time ago looking for somewhere sunny to holiday as that is always their motive for exploring a new world. Sadly they landed in what is now Manchester, England where it's always grey and drizzly, left sharpish and now holiday on Mercury..we are just en route at times

What you say is interesting and somewhat different from the way i think. I do tend to think that aliens would be very similar to us therefore would think much the same. Also i find it hard to believe there is a easy form of travel in space which would eliminate so many dangerous situations that would be encountered. The distances that we are talking about are so great that i believe any intelligent being would choose to contact us and learn about our cultures in a much easier way than travel. If some easy way of space travel is out there among aliens then we would have picked up on tale tale signs of that before now.

1 hour ago, NotAlien7 said:

What you say is interesting and somewhat different from the way i think. I do tend to think that aliens would be very similar to us therefore would think much the same. Also i find it hard to believe there is a easy form of travel in space which would eliminate so many dangerous situations that would be encountered. The distances that we are talking about are so great that i believe any intelligent being would choose to contact us and learn about our cultures in a much easier way than travel. If some easy way of space travel is out there among aliens then we would have picked up on tale tale signs of that before now.

That assumes they're traveling in our area of space for one and if they are they could have stealth technology beyond anything we could detect. Or you're absolutely right and many UFO sightings could be the real deal. Assuming they're out there, they've advanced at the same rate as us and they're zipping around the galaxy in ufos how many years ahead of us are they? 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 or 1 million or more? At the rate our tech is advancing I'd guess the lower end of that. I couldn't begin to imagine what we'll have in 1,000 years assuming we don't blow ourselves back into the dark ages.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That assumes they're traveling in our area of space for one and if they are they could have stealth technology beyond anything we could detect.

(39:3.8) 5. The Transporters. The fifth group of supervisor seraphim operate as personality transporters, carrying beings to and from the headquarters of the constellations. Such transport seraphim, while in flight from one sphere to another, are fully conscious of their velocity, direction, and astronomic whereabouts. They are not traversing space as would an inanimate projectile. They may pass near one another during space flight without the least danger of collision. They are fully able to vary speed of progression and to alter direction of flight, even to change destinations if their directors should so instruct them at any space junction of the universe intelligence circuits.

(39:3.9) These transit personalities are so organized that they can simultaneously utilize all three of the universally distributed lines of energy, each having a clear space velocity of 186,280 miles per second. These transporters are thus able to superimpose velocity of energy upon velocity of power until they attain an average speed on their long journeys varying anywhere from 555,000 to almost 559,000 of your miles per second of your time. The velocity is affected by the mass and proximity of neighboring matter and by the strength and direction of the near-by main circuits of universe power. There are numerous types of beings, similar to the seraphim, who are able to traverse space, and who also are able to transport other beings who have been properly prepared.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/part-iii-history-urantia

2 hours ago, NotAlien7 said:

I do tend to think that aliens would be very similar to us

Why?

If humans discovered an alien civilizaton what woild be the reasons we contact them? 

I imagine the answers would be the same for why they'd contact us

20 hours ago, F3SS said:

That assumes they're traveling in our area of space for one and if they are they could have stealth technology beyond anything we could detect. Or you're absolutely right and many UFO sightings could be the real deal. Assuming they're out there, they've advanced at the same rate as us and they're zipping around the galaxy in ufos how many years ahead of us are they? 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 or 1 million or more? At the rate our tech is advancing I'd guess the lower end of that. I couldn't begin to imagine what we'll have in 1,000 years assuming we don't blow ourselves back into the dark ages.

Since we only have one way of travel in space which is too slow for light year distances its hard to say how far ahead of us they would be. Some of the ways of (theory based) space travel could possibly be detectable at longer distance than just our neighborhood such as time travel. I'm really thinking it's far too risky to go traveling around in space and no intelligence is willing to risk it except the bad guy's. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

If humans discovered an alien civilizaton what woild be the reasons we contact them? 

I think it would be a big mistake to contact them. It would be a better idea to exhaust every way possible to observe them for a lengthy period before initiating contact.

20 hours ago, No Solid Ground said:

Why?

My tendency to think aliens are much like us is that i put GODS hand at everything and don't limit him to our world only.

Would they be like us and if so why? if not why not?

Depends what you think the reasons are that we are how we are. Physically we are what we are either because of the physical environment and evolution or (if you believe in God)because this is how God created us. In terms of our thinking we are how we are for many of the same reasons plus social/cultural issues (nurture).

If you believe in god then he created aliens and so they could be anything he wants them to be. if you don't then they are a product of their own physical environment which may be very different to earth and so may have evolved very differently to reflect that. How can you look at the great physical variations on earth that reflect our varying environment, look at the great social/cultural variety on earth amongst human beings and say that aliens could not be vastly different to us. Plus you have to factor in that they may have been around for far longer than us or far less...time is a big player in how life is if you don't believe in creation

They could be just like us but given the factors that made us how we are they could very easily b very different

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:09 AM, spartan max2 said:

Our reasons would vary and indeed may include their reasons. Why do we have SETI? is it simply cos we really want to believe someone is out there? if it cos we'd hate to think they are out there and we haven't tried to contact them? Is it that we are driven to make new friends? is it cos we can try to contact them so why not try? Is it cos someone thinks they can make a load of money form contacting them? is it cos our world is on its uppers and we need a new place to go? let's face it the reason could be any of them as far as aliens are concerned but it could be they have a genetic imperative to reach out..they can't help it..we don't have that do we? They could be so advanced they are simply bored and are toying with us? They might by some weird multi dimensional trick not even be aware we are here and they just see a planet that's quite pretty to look at and visit.

If they are a male dominated society they might come for the beer if a female society they would probably come for the shopping.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 at 7:30 AM, JOHNNYAITCH said:

Our reasons would vary and indeed may include their reasons. Why do we have SETI? is it simply cos we really want to believe someone is out there? if it cos we'd hate to think they are out there and we haven't tried to contact them? Is it that we are driven to make new friends? is it cos we can try to contact them so why not try? Is it cos someone thinks they can make a load of money form contacting them? is it cos our world is on its uppers and we need a new place to go? let's face it the reason could be any of them as far as aliens are concerned but it could be they have a genetic imperative to reach out..they can't help it..we don't have that do we? They could be so advanced they are simply bored and are toying with us? They might by some weird multi dimensional trick not even be aware we are here and they just see a planet that's quite pretty to look at and visit.

We do wonder if anyone is out there and we won't be satisfied until we find out but SETI has found nothing its not because of a lack luster effort they have used every bit of technology we can come up with and nothing. They are better people than i am because i would have packed it up a long time ago. I think there is a reason why no signals have been found and i understand there is another effort underway to start up 2018 called METI which will start broadcasting signals out in space in hopes of getting a reply. I for one would discouraged any such effort but of course i happen to be a nobody and cant do anything about it im hoping governments around the world will put a stop to it.

SETI has been listening for alien signals for a long time and still nothing. That's why i still ask why would they come here why would they contact us ? I don't think any intelligent beings have accomplished space flight other than slow methods which are only good enough for thier own solar system.