Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why would aliens come here or contact us

NotAlien7

I can't think of a single reason why Aliens would want to come here.

Tell me why if you can im really interested in what people can come up with on this subject. All ideas are welcome and I'm not one to put your ideas down. I really cant think of any reason they would be interested in us.

Welcome to UM NotAlien :st this topic has come up now and again here.... using the search box in the upper right corner is helpful to check out other threads!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NotAlien7 said:

Tell me why if you can im really interested in what people can come up with on this subject. All ideas are welcome and I'm not one to put your ideas down. I really cant think of any reason they would be interested in us.

Welcome. You're going to fit in here, nicely. That's a popular topic with a broad spectrum of opinions and responses. 

• Like 1

Cultural curiosity?

But it's a moot point - here at UM it's pretty much agreed ( :D ) that they are all too far away and /or have extincted themselves...

• Like 3

Basically, for the same reason we go in the jungle study gorillas or insects.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Why would aliens come here or contact us
8 hours ago, NotAlien7 said:

I can think of a few.

Perhaps ETs from a nearby star system have the technology and picked up a stray radio wave and became curious as to what our planet is like. I mean, if we had the technology and the resources we would likely try to do the same after receiving a signal from an ET civilization.

Perhaps the ETs have known about our planet for millions of years and have only recently developed the tech necessary to reach us. Perhaps we have resources that are quite valuable to them. Perhaps their planet is in danger so they seek to take ours.

• Like 2

The fact that human beings are currently undergoing the perilous transition from a agriculturally-based civilization to a stable technical one might be of interest to extraterrestrial anthropologists. Managing to not destroy ourselves with our own technology is, on the galactic time scale, a sudden, sharp, and potentially lethal problem for us now. Wisdom must grow, along with technical innovation.

We may be the only civilization in this immediate area of the galaxy that is currently in the midst of such a fateful crisis. Extraterrestrials may wish to learn how, and if, we will solve this problem.

They might also be looking ahead to a time when we will be able to insert ourselves into the affairs of the rest of the galaxy. They could be wise to start teaching us how to get along with our galactic neighbors in peace, now, on a proactive basis, rather than leave it to chance, when we actually appear on their doorsteps.       

• Like 1

It seems like they started to appear just as soon as we reached the nuclear puberty age.

• Like 3

Despite the dogmatic positions of some I dont think we can know why they would come here. Perhaps just for exploration purposes, perhaps its for a resource which we have that cant be found elsewhere, perhaps we're such a **** show as a species they come down for the comedy relief. 

My personal opinion is they come for the good stuff 

Image result for aliens and weed

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Despite the dogmatic positions of some I dont think we can know why they would come here. Perhaps just for exploration purposes, perhaps its for a resource which we have that cant be found elsewhere, perhaps we're such a **** show as a species they come down for the comedy relief. 

My personal opinion is they come for the good stuff 

Image result for aliens and weed

• Like 1

Videos of us destroying ourselves goes for top dollar on their planet.  They can't get enough of it for some reason.  They want as many videos as they can get before we completely wipe ourselves out. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed reading your replies all good but i have always thought there are probably millions of asteroids between us and them it would be much easier to mine some closer ones rather than come all this way.

1 hour ago, NotAlien7 said:

If i wanted to buy technology from a alien world what would i use for payment?

You would barter.

2 minutes ago, NotAlien7 said:

I could'nt do that with my looks i wouldn't even get to first base.

Not what I meant. lol

I've heard they would prize gold more than anything but my thoughts are if gold is that rare in the universe or in our neighborhood that would make us or our world a bit odd but i would be willing to bet gold is pretty common.

• Like 1

Curiosity/research/medical/scientific/knowledge/entertainment/influence. Despicable Me 3 preview caught their attention. To return a ball we hit in their yard. Google maps galaxy recommended it. They got lost. Rest stop. McDonald's. To fish.

• Like 1

All good reasons but if they know about us as in where we are then they have better technology than us which would really trump almost all those except for entertainment and influence. that's just my way of thinking which is no better than yours. I don't know in what way you mean they would have interest in entertainment by watching us trip and fall on our face or do they want to hear Elvis sing. Also influence in or about what and to who's benefit?

Edited by NotAlien7

Yeah I can't really think of anything they would need. If they do exist I'm sure they've mastered their way of life. I think they would like classical music and long walks on the beach. I would think that they're more peaceful and they could give us some pointers. I imagine alien A.I. probing the universe for information. I think in the end A.I. is all that would be left. IDK nothing. 

• Like 1

"No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us."

DUN DUUN DUUUUUN!!!

Sorry, Wednesday morning frivolity got the better of me :unsure2:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotAlien7 said:

Also influence in or about what and to who's benefit?

Environmental concerns? Perhaps they realized the dangerous road we were on as the industrial revolution came upon us and they wanted to ensure we dont entirely kill our planet? 

• Like 2

They're only here for the sourtoe cocktails.

• Like 1