Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man goes missing searching for buried treasure

The Caspian Hare

Seems he could have found what he was looking for and is sunning it somewhere with a cocktail in his hand.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

I think the ghost pirates must have gotten him. Or the above post is right

• Like 5

Id love to take a month and search for that treasure. 

• Like 5

I don't know much about religion, but wouldn't seeking wealth conflict with what a pastor preaches? I'm assuming he had no intention of giving any of it to charity since that wasn't mentioned, but wouldn't that be what a pastor should do? I'm sure there's something in the Bible about the evils of greed. Maybe he should have read it.

• Like 3

**Sounds like an OAK ISLAND hunt to me** But if this Fenn guy is serious about his hunt and is really telling people its there maybe it is? Does he give people a map of what to do to find it? I need to read further into it. If anyone has any more details let me know =)

Thousands of people have braved daunting temperatures and the treacherous and rugged terrain of northern New Mexico’s mountains in search of a $2 million treasure buried in a publicity stunt that has claimed at least one life.

Now, officials are asking adventurous tourists to rethink their pursuit of the windfall – which may not even exist.

The treasure chest – buried by author Forrest Fenn, a self-described risk-taker – is reportedly deep in the mountains and filled with gold and precious gems.

Fenn dared people to find it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/21/buried-treasure-in-new-mexico-may-have-claimed-2nd-life-founder-rethinks-stunt.html

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 9:34 PM, Future ghost said:

I don't know much about religion, but wouldn't seeking wealth conflict with what a pastor preaches? I'm assuming he had no intention of giving any of it to charity since that wasn't mentioned, but wouldn't that be what a pastor should do? I'm sure there's something in the Bible about the evils of greed. Maybe he should have read it.

Why would you assume he wouldn't donate it?    That's pretty crappy.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah, I suppose it was crappy of me. Since there was no mention of his intent to donate I figured he had no plans to, and I thought that would be pretty crappy of someone who was a pastor. My bad, I guess. :(

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Its not really crappy, if they can steal from their own church, then why would they donate what they find? Not saying he was stealing from his church, but just trying to point out they are not all the honest of people.

here is one link, too many cases out there to put all the links up.

https://www.agfinancial.org/blog/bid106654stealing-god-s-money-church-fraud-exposed/

• Like 4

He may have been looking for it to give to is Church.  Maybe the Church needed repairs or some charity needed the money.

• Like 4

It might not be in conflict. Pastor Wallace was of a non-denominational church, they might not have had a stance on seeking wealth. The articles don't say what he was planning to do with the money at all, just that he was treasure hunting. It could be that he was just into the hunt itself because he enjoyed it. There's pastors that hunt for bigfoot, or rare stamps or go trophy hunting.. why not a treasure map mystery?

• Like 3

On 6/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, Myles said:

Maybe he would have donated it. We need to find out if that was his body.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 1

Just now, LucidElement said:

if he was to donate it he would have already. And who knows how much money this guy has. Maybe he has donated a bunch in his time and this is just an extra couple million he wanted to play a game with.

You are confused about the guy we were talking about.   

Just now, Myles said:

You are confused about the guy we were talking about.   

ya i JUST caught it lol. I flipped the guys around . my bad =) .. Im going to research and see if the body they found was the pastors.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Man goes missing searching for buried treasure