Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Handel wins GA 6 by 5%+

Merc14

After months of hype, the GA 6 special election has been called for Karen Handel, the republican by 5% plus. Votes are still coming in but all projections have called it.   South Carolina was a republican win as well.  Left leaning links only.  :D

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-congressional-runoff-ossoff-handel

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politics/georgia-special-election-updates/index.html

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

99% reporting Handel has 52.6% to 47.4%.  207 of  208 precincts reporting.   $40M kept it closer than usual but I can think of better things the democrats could do with their money.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Had Pajama Boy won by even a single vote, the MSM would spend the next 6 months talking about how it spells the end for Trump.  Since he lost, the story will be gone within the next 24 hours.  

• Like 7

Maybe they should run people with real convictions instead of yuppy outsiders with poll tested talking points. They never learn. Their Titanic has been sinking a long time now but I bet 2018 is when their hull cracks in half and they finally realize they've sunk.

• Like 3

The one thing I really liked about Ossoff was that he rarely, if ever, mentioned Trump. He also, as far as I know, didn't make a habit of attacking Handel.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Maybe they should run people with real convictions instead of yuppy outsiders with poll tested talking points. They never learn. Their Titanic has been sinking a long time now but I bet 2018 is when their hull cracks in half and they finally realize they've sunk.

Democrats needed to lose this so the message sinks in a little deeper.  If they are ever going to come back they need to stop being the party of Hillary.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Democrats needed to lose this so the message sinks in a little deeper.  If they are ever going to come back they need to stop being the party of Hillary.

As Merc often points out they've lost like 1200 seats since 2010. When looking at the county map the country is all red with little specs of blue. I'm not sure what it takes to get the message.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The one thing I really liked about Ossoff was that he rarely, if ever, mentioned Trump. He also, as far as I know, didn't make a habit of attacking Handel.

Being anti Trump would have hurt him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, F3SS said:

As Merc often points out they've lost like 1200 seats since 2010. When looking at the county map the country is all red with little specs of blue. I'm not sure what it takes to get the message.

Good question.  You can focus on the needs of donors that provide big money or on the needs of people who provide votes.  Money can buy a lot, but it seems there are limits.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

So now the real question is exactly how the Russians pulled this off!...

TIME FOR AN INVESTIGATION!!! :D

Those fraggin' Ruskies. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

After months of hype, the GA 6 special election has been called for Karen Handel, the republican by 5% plus. Votes are still coming in but all projections have called it.   South Carolina was a republican win as well.  Left leaning links only.  :D

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-congressional-runoff-ossoff-handel

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politics/georgia-special-election-updates/index.html

I was reading just the other day that South Carolina was a "Sure Win" for the Democrats. I wonder if it was Huff-(98% Hillary wins)-Po that I was reading. Don't know why I even both reading that site anymore. Them and The Hill are almost completely sold out and such be considered Entertainment, and not News...

• Like 3

I knew the gerogia one was getting some hype didn't know about south Carolina being a thing

• Like 1

Another meaningless election for Georgia and the US.  Handel is just like every other politician.  She lies her ossoff.  

What a massive pile of mass media noise this was too.   If this election accomplished anything, it's another new record in money wasted, and another precedent to usher in the next one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

If this election accomplished anything, it's another new record in money wasted

Damn straight!...That woulda been better spent as "investigation" money <_<

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I knew the gerogia one was getting some hype didn't know about south Carolina being a thing

It wasn't really although some millions were spent, just thought  I'd mention the other race of teh evening and the final special election, as far as I know.

Apparently there were four special elections? Guy on the radio keeps mentioning 4 of them but hasn't said which and that democrats lost all 4.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Apparently there were four special elections? Guy on the radio keeps mentioning 4 of them but hasn't said which and that democrats lost all 4.

That makes 4 moral victories. 

• Like 1

The MSM is as good at calling election results as I am at advanced rocketry (I've never built a rocket). When will the coast-loving Liberal spokespeople finally admit they have no idea what is happening in middle America? Like, how many more times do you want to be wrong on national television?

• Like 2

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

lmao seeing celebs put their credibility on the line to support a candidate they don't really believe in always gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Spoiler

Definition of prostitute

• To use (something valuable, such as talent) in a way that is not appropriate or respectable and especially to earn money :rolleyes: #IMWITHHER

CNN-viral-screenshot--1280x720.jpg

Immediately after the special election in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District was calledfor Republican Karen Handel, an image went viral on social media for portraying the sadness many perceive the mainstream media has when Republicans are victorious.

It was a screenshot a viewer snapped from CNN’s coverage of the election.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/21/this-image-captured-the-mainstream-medias-reaction-to-georgias-election-and-went-viral/

LMAO.

• Like 1