Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science and Spiritual knowledge

dattaswami5

12 minutes ago, khol said:

Sees  -   With all due respect this awareness you speak of is a need for people to bring meaning to there lives. 

one simple fact would be this

The Earth was impacted 65million yrs ago by an asteroid about 6miles across. An event that wiped out the dinosaurs and other species. Even back then the odds of being hit were extremely high. This was a random event. Had it grazed us and missed, mammals wouldn't even have had a chance to propagate and develop. Homo Sapiens wouldnt even exist. It would be a reptilian world.

Humans have a tendancy to seperate themselves from the rest when in fact we are all part of the same order.

In short spirituality is a human concept existing to bring comfort to a lonely existence.

Really?  I thought that was the role of orthodox religion!  Spirituality is more empowered and diverse, e.g. I am agnostic.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rlyeh

• sees

• dattaswami5

• bmk1245

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

"Spiritualist" from the dictionary are those who believe the spirit exists.

None of this changes the fact you cannot accept science. This "materialism" diatribe is just your way of separating what you consider limits on your hocus pocus. It's clear materialism isn't the problem, it's the rules the scientific method sets. It's easier to accuse science of being bias against you than playing by the rules.

Try and get your definitions from real life...are you familiar with Spiritualist churches?  They focus on the afterlife.

I accept the LIMITS of science. 

Humans are more than electons and protons and this calls for the simultaneous use of other ways of thinkings – not only observation and induction.

No scientific theory explains human goodness, human altruismBelieving that only the ‘scientific’ way of thinking exists can eliminate humanism, morality, altruism from the world.

2 minutes ago, sees said:

Try and get your definitions from real life...are you familiar with Spiritualist churches?  They focus on the afterlife.

I accept the LIMITS of science. 

Humans are more than electons and protons and this calls for the simultaneous use of other ways of thinkings – not only observation and induction.

No scientific theory explains human goodness, human altruismBelieving that only the ‘scientific’ way of thinking exists can eliminate humanism, morality, altruism from the world.

Science having limits is what gives it it's strengths. It's no wonder spiritualism with it's freedom is full of frauds, anyone can sell lies as there are no limits or rules.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Science having limits is what gives it it's strengths. It's no wonder spiritualism with it's freedom is full of frauds, anyone can sell lies as there are no limits or rules.

Yes I agree about spiritualism.  As mentioned, I am into spirituality

There are frauds in science too though - heard about scientific misconduct?

Limits in science make it testable, yes...however it also highlights where it has yet to succeed....

http://listverse.com/2015/04/10/10-fascinating-mysteries-of-life-that-science-cant-explain/

Edited by sees

40 minutes ago, sees said:

Yes I agree about spiritualism.  As mentioned, I am into spirituality

There are frauds in science too though - heard about scientific misconduct?

Semantics.

Of course there are frauds in science, they get exposed. There are no such rules or standards in spirituality, a spiritual charlatan
still has their faithful believers.

40 minutes ago, sees said:

Limits in science make it testable, yes...however it also highlights where it has yet to succeed....

http://listverse.com/2015/04/10/10-fascinating-mysteries-of-life-that-science-cant-explain/

Your link shows what science has achieved, notice many of these "mysteries" are known thanks to scientific research. Spirituality has what to show in that regard? I mean you could list a hundred mysteries unexplained by science and yet the spiritual explanations pale in comparison. Has spirituality even yielded verifiable explanations?

56 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Semantics.

Of course there are frauds in science, they get exposed. There are no such rules or standards in spirituality, a spiritual charlatan
still has their faithful believers.

Your link shows what science has achieved, notice many of these "mysteries" are known thanks to scientific research. Spirituality has what to show in that regard? I mean you could list a hundred mysteries unexplained by science and yet the spiritual explanations pale in comparison. Has spirituality even yielded verifiable explanations?

The link shows the limits of what science can fathom...so far!  For example, yes we have identified alkaloids in plants but we are still not sure why they are there to begin with.

You haven't really grasped what spirituality is have you?  Admittedly it's hard to encapsulate but I have tried/indicated.  Suffice to say that it's not about objective explanations but subjective, quality experiences that benefit those in our immediate environment too i.e. the quality of interactions.  I had a major transformation over 3 decades ago and have never looked back.  The quality of my life has improved immeasurably. color.gif

I tire of this now and will unfollow this thread.

Edited by sees

11 hours ago, dattaswami5 said:

See science also is based on assumptions, they say that this entire universe is formed from energy, then can you prove it to me by measuring the entire energy of this universe? Can you show me the boundary of this universe? 

How predictable. Pick something (in this case, on grandeur scale, i.e. universe) that has still many unknowns, and continue with "spiritual" bs as it has all answers. What good "spirituality" gave to the world? Some removal from gene pool (thats freaking hilarious), and brainwashing gullibles... Thats it, nothing more. With your "spirituality" we'd still be foraging prairies/forests, and sleeping in the caves. Period.

1 hour ago, sees said:

[...]  I had a major transformation over 3 decades ago and have never looked back.  The quality of my life has improved immeasurably. color.gif

[...]

Ah yeah, smartphone/computer/fridge/kitchen appliances/warm house/etc. Have you dropped all of that and started foraging forests/prairies just to satisfy your minimal daily calories? Freakin' hypocrite.

Heck, 16 hours per day, seven days per week, in uranium mine, working with just pick and shovel, would cure your "spirituality" bs quite quickly.