Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK population rise of 538,000 ...

keithisco

The population of the UK has increased by more than half a million - the biggest rise for 70 years - according to official figures.

There were 65,648,000 people in the UK in June 2016, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

The ONS said that was a rise of 538,000 on the figure in 2015, equivalent to a city the size of Bradford.

Net migration of 336,000 accounted for 62.4%, while the difference between birth and death rates made up 35.8%.

There was also an increase of 9,500 in armed forces personnel based in the UK.

Source:BBC

I do not see this as a good thing with pressure so great on all services. The figures also only include those here leagally for more than 12 months and registered for a National Insurance number. I suspect the figure is much higher...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, keithisco said:

I do not see this as a good thing with pressure so great on all services. The figures also only include those here leagally for more than 12 months and registered for a National Insurance number. I suspect the figure is much higher...

Hire Syrian teenage engineering doctors to fix that (well, not so Syrian, nor teenagers, nor engineers, nor doctors)... Ah, well, let the pressure blow all this thing up. Who cares about UK, anyway...

Just kidding.

On the serious note, UK should cut all (except death threatening) medical assistance to non-UK folks. Sounds harsh? Well, not so, when you think of analogy: you already have full boat, and people continue pleading to take someone more, and more on board... What happens next? Boat sinks bringing all to the bottom of the sea.

No matter how cruel it is, line should be drawn, else...

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

The population will rise exponentially.

I million every 2 years, in 15 years time that extra 3.5 million will potentially start producing babies...

Time we spent some money policing our borders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

I million every 2 years, in 15 years time that extra 3.5 million will potentially start producing babies...

Isn't that bit too late?

4 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Isn't that bit too late?

How can it be too late to restore proper staffing to border controls?

42 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

How can it be too late to restore proper staffing to border controls?

When pestilence is already in your house, how closing doors helps to survive latter onslaught?

5 hours ago, keithisco said:

It can't be true people are leaving the country in droves, since brexit no one wants to come here you must have got it wrong just yesterday on radio BBC 4 said so and they wouldn't lie would they.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Of course, this is just the figures for 2017.

Each year 500,000 enter the UK, these figures will apply. And of course the millions that have already settled here (as keithesco has said, we have no idea of the true number) will also be increasing.

With the population increasing each year sufficiently to populate a very large town or small city, and all those populations breeding, I cannot see how a small island like the UK can accommodate everyone.

Perhaps we should continue with the Grenfell Tower relocation policy, and just hand over all of London to the new immigrants.

The indigenous population can move to the Hebrides,Orkneys or Channel Islands to make room for them.

39 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

It can't be true people are leaving the country in droves, since brexit no one wants to come here you must have got it wrong just yesterday on radio BBC 4 said so and they wouldn't lie would they.

They are not, though, and wont.We are the softest touch in the world. We are the only country to suffer terrorist attacks to respond by saying we must make more efforts to integrate, and accommodate, these poor people who must feel so alienated from our Western culture that they feel the need to do this.

16 hours ago, keithisco said:

Lets just clarify that net immigration is people in minus people out. That is, any people not immigration populations. And its known a lot of Brits are quitting the major cities for Spain, Australia and Canada because where they live has changed so much. It has brought a lot of problems which those willing to see immigration only in a positive light ignore.

• Like 3

and we thought this was a good idea :blink:

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Borders? We live on an island.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No boats or planes that`s weird. Hmmm how about this little gem.

Edited by The Silver Thong

13 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

There's the border between Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, if nothing else... :whistle:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

There's the border between Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, if nothing else... :whistle:

Sorry, internet hates me tonight. :blush:

Edited by Gingitsune

I don't even know where all these people are going. We don't have nearly enough houses for them all, or jobs. There must be flats with 10s of people crammed inside all over the place. Many can't be going to a much better life than the one they left behind.

Edited by Finity