Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Push for creation of US military Space Corps

Claire.

House Pushes for Creation of Military 'Space Corps'

Congress took formal steps on Thursday toward requiring the US military to establish a dedicated "Space Corps," as concern mounts over the vulnerability of American space assets and their central role in modern war-fighting. The move came with a stinging rebuke to the US Department of Defense from key members of the House Armed Services Committee, who asserted that Pentagon leadership doesn't appear to grasp how delays and cost-overruns stemming from a "crippling" organizational structure are threatening America's military readiness in space.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 4

"Military readiness in space", I took that away with a sad on.

• Like 2

Now the thing is, if one nation weaponizes space so will others. To me it`s a lose lose thing really. Let`s explore, Make it so number one. That was my Picard impression.

Are there any plans to put laser cannons on the moon?

This sums up the grandiosity complex of Congress and the Pentagon. What they mean is protecting essential satellites and so forth from people potentially knocking them out, which I'm sure anyone would agree is a perfectly sensible thing to want to do, considering how crucial they are, but as usual the megalomania makes it sound as if they're urging to create a fleet of  these,

Image result for star destroyer

with this gentleman as their commander in chief.

Image result for darth vader

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 4

Ugggggggg no , just ****ing NO. Look at what happened in the senate yesterday with that abomination of a "health care bill" , if we cant afford to take care of our citizens we sure as hell cant afford to weaponize space. 

Screw these children in Washington who are stealing our money. 

• Like 2

The "Outer Space Treaty" prohibits weapons of mass destruction but allows conventional weapons such as the "Rods of God" (kinetic weapons).

Personally I think the militarization of space should be prohibited. If any state can control space then they'll control the earth.

I think the Boeing X-37 is a military space craft designed for defense and or offense should it need be. Along with being used to bring larger pieces of space junk into a decaying orbit as there has been an uptick of objects burning up in the atmosphere since its launch.

• Like 2

earthforce_marine_corps_babylon_5_by_sci

• 2 weeks later...

House committee voted in favor, so this may happen

All it really does is create specialized sub-branch in Air Force, which owns much of the space mission anyway. Much of the actual work is done by civilians and contractors, not uniformed servicemen.

https://federalnewsradio.com/defense-news/2017/06/house-panel-votes-to-split-air-force-create-new-u-s-space-corps/

• Like 1