Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump signs law to protect VA whistleblowers

Farmer77

Way to go team Trump: 

Trump signs law to protect Veterans Affairs whistleblowers, expedite firings 

President Donald Trump has signed a law protecting whistleblowers at the Department of Veterans Affairs and making it easier to fire problem employees. Trump campaigned on the platform of overhauling the agency serving US veterans.

“For many years the government failed to keep its promises to our veterans,” who were put on secret waitlists, given wrong medication or bad treatment, Trump said, calling it “a national disgrace.”

Next step, stop making so many veterans. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Way to go team Trump: 

President Donald Trump has signed a law protecting whistleblowers at the Department of Veterans Affairs and making it easier to fire problem employees. Trump campaigned on the platform of overhauling the agency serving US veterans.

“For many years the government failed to keep its promises to our veterans,” who were put on secret waitlists, given wrong medication or bad treatment, Trump said, calling it “a national disgrace.”

I thought you were just being cool, then I saw you couldn't resist getting another jab in.

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I thought you were just being cool, then I saw you couldn't resist getting another jab in.

Oh i didnt intend that as a jab at Trump or his administration at all.

Thats just my hippy side, I believe folks have been making too many veterans for long, long  before Trump showed up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats just my hippy side, I believe folks have been making too many veterans for long, long  before Trump showed up. 

Where would your passive ass be right now without veterans?

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Im not bashing veterans Amigo. Just the senseless wars we've been waging since 2003 . 

Not really a pacifist either just dont like seeing people die unnecessarily. 

• Like 3

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Way to go team Trump: 

A quote from my favorite TV program: "American foreign policy has been very good for the VFW"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Way to go team Trump: 

I'm a little confused? Why is this a bad thing? Surely whistlebowlers on incompetence or worse in government departments is usually seen as a good thing, or are usually seen as good things plural? 

• Like 2

Taking care of the vets is a great first step.

Not making new veterans is the goal.

• Like 4

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I'm a little confused? Why is this a bad thing? Surely whistlebowlers on incompetence or worse in government departments is usually seen as a good thing, or are usually seen as good things plural? 

I know its shocking but I was actually serious when I said "way to go team trump" As in its a great thing they did. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Imo whistlebowlers are a good thing and deserve protection from persecution. However if the claims are false ehhh that should come with some sort of punishment. I`m no lawyer but we know the goverment has thousands on stand by. It will always be an up hill battle for a whistlebowler. They don`t leak nothing if they don`t have proof. At least I wouldn`t.

• Like 2

i was incredulous that Farmer might actually be commending the Donald for something. :o

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

i was incredulous that Farmer might actually be commending the Donald for something. :o

I think Trump did do good as to help protect the vetrans. There is a time for gag orders and then there is not. The law is about the truth and nothing else. Thats why the lady with the scales is blind folded.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 2

ok he's impressed me for a second time.. first when he put Elon Musk on a advisory committee (then lost him) and now this..

good call Don..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

The US has fought exactly zero wars since WW2 in defence of the country. So he'd probably be where he is right now, and joined by millions of not dead soldiers and their descendants.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Imo whistlebowlers are a good thing and deserve protection from persecution. However if the claims are false ehhh that should come with some sort of punishment. I`m no lawyer but we know the goverment has thousands on stand by. It will always be an up hill battle for a whistlebowler. They don`t leak nothing if they don`t have proof. At least I wouldn`t.

I can certainly understand the your POV here, and I agree, kinda. I think the problem that could arise is where said agency is able to cover up whatever the whistleblower claims, then they get punished for doing the right thing anyway.