Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK UFO files have finally been released

so just more of the same... bummer.

• Like 1

But a press officer for the organisation has confirmed if you want to read them you’ll need to visit its headquarters.

Oh right, and get my memories erased? nSOs2bP.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

Oh right, and get my memories erased? nSOs2bP.gif

They must be hiding something or they'd put them on-line.  :D

12 hours ago, quiXilver said:

so just more of the same... bummer.

Did you expect anything else?

2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Did you expect anything else?

yup.  I'm always open to the possibility. 

• Like 1

Far more believable that UFOs are just military aircrafts that are not known to the public. Everyone nowadays has a phone with a camera, yet UFO cases dropped significantly during the smartphone era, then once again increased as drones began being used to surveille us. That just explains it all really. I'd like to believe in aliens, I one time did believe in them, but such a thing would be revealed by now. Not just a story here or there.

Edited by Trenix

21 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Far more believable that UFOs are just military aircrafts that are not known to the public. Everyone nowadays has a phone with a camera, yet UFO cases dropped significantly during the smartphone era, then once again increased as drones began being used to surveille us. That just explains it all really. I'd like to believe in aliens, I one time did believe in them, but such a thing would be revealed by now. Not just a story here or there.

Interesting thoughts, but remember, as our technologies close in on reality, so too does alien technology evolve.

• Like 1

Our local paper is reporting one of these Xfiles documents here: http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/ufo-spotted-hovering-above-skegness-141393

It relates to an unknown series of lights floating for 7 hours off the coastline.
The interesting thing is not what was seen but the government's reaction and how a government minister requested to know why the RAF was stood down when military radar picked up the sightings on radar, rather than scramble to intercept. Especially as the airbase they scramble from is located 30 miles or less from the sightings location. 

The classified document suggests the military watched it on radar, and yet the official public statement at the time denies it was ever on a radar, which suggests that the government at the time lied to the public and were aware of what it was, and decided to stop a routine RAF interception without giving any explanation why not.

It seemed to cause an angry politician to question why our air defences were not being protected and demanded to know what it was and why the government had stood the RAF down and treated it as harmless when they later deny knowing what it was.    

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 2

let me guess; 

1) drunk citizen 

2) under influence

3) LCD 

4) drunk citizen

5) paranormal investigator 

6) farmer having had a few beers

7) she will agree to provide more details only if aired by Natinal TV

8) drunk 

9) bored cop 

10) anal probed 

3 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

let me guess; 

1) drunk citizen 

2) under influence

3) LCD 

4) drunk citizen

5) paranormal investigator 

6) farmer having had a few beers

7) she will agree to provide more details only if aired by Natinal TV

8) drunk 

9) bored cop 

10) anal probed 

Good job QX, once again, with zero knowledge of the subject, you have passed judgment, posted it and made an **** of yourself....again.:tu:

• Like 1

The MOD doesn't even have a department that responds to reports any more. The official stance is they don't care unless there is a credible threat.

Not surprising seeing as the MOD is badly understaffed these days and the civil service part (which would have been the ones doing these investigations) is a dying breed. Some interesting stuff locked away in storage though. We once found some books and military documents going back 300 years in a building we were clearing out :)

Edited by Finity
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, Merc14 said:

Good job QX, once again, with zero knowledge of the subject, you have passed judgment, posted it and made an **** of yourself....again.:tu:

well when you talk about ufo's and stuff, it can't be otherwise!

On 6/27/2017 at 11:04 AM, ExoPaul said:

Our local paper is reporting one of these Xfiles documents here: http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/ufo-spotted-hovering-above-skegness-141393

It relates to an unknown series of lights floating for 7 hours off the coastline.
The interesting thing is not what was seen but the government's reaction and how a government minister requested to know why the RAF was stood down when military radar picked up the sightings on radar, rather than scramble to intercept. Especially as the airbase they scramble from is located 30 miles or less from the sightings location. 

The classified document suggests the military watched it on radar, and yet the official public statement at the time denies it was ever on a radar, which suggests that the government at the time lied to the public and were aware of what it was, and decided to stop a routine RAF interception without giving any explanation why not.

It seemed to cause an angry politician to question why our air defences were not being protected and demanded to know what it was and why the government had stood the RAF down and treated it as harmless when they later deny knowing what it was.    

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/expert-answer-mysterious-ufo-spotted-179130.amp

same newspaper. Pretty obvious the the RAF is not going to scramble if sightings do not match radar returns. Besides that, despite the signal processing power in modern radars, there is still something called CFAR (Constant False Alarm Rate), which basically tells you that RADARs are by no means infallible. But radar operators are pretty good, when experienced, at recognizing the tell tale signs. 

Cheers,

Badeskov