Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Phone Calls

Columbo

Has anyone heard about people getting creepy unexplained phone calls to their home phones and cell phones? There are quite a few documented cases on you tube including actual the recordings. They are really strange. Has anyone on here ever had an unexplained phone call themselves?

• Like 7

Had some pretty weird phone calls, I have had lines crossed (olden days) where u phone and.speak to someone who you didn't phone. Had a phone call from a friend that said he never phoned. All however have explanations... 

Have had the call to My mom where I could hear what they where saying on the otherside before she actually picked up the phone.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got a really wierd call a few months ago maybe more. It was in the afternoon and when I picked up the phone I heard some mumbling and thought what the hell so I kept listening not saying much except hello. Then this ear piercing screach and what sounded like someone running. The sound of that scream left me freaked out for the rest of the day. I think it was a girl but now I don`t know. I hope it was some attempt at a joke but who knows. The call lasted for about a min and I thought I must be in a movie. If I had recorded it I don`t think I could listen to it again.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I got a really wierd call a few months ago maybe more. It was in the afternoon and when I picked up the phone I heard some mumbling and thought what the hell so I kept listening not saying much except hello. Then this ear piercing screach and what sounded like someone running. The sound of that scream left me freaked out for the rest of the day. I think it was a girl but now I don`t know. I hope it was some attempt at a joke but who knows. The call lasted for about a min and I thought I must be in a movie. If I had recorded it I don`t think I could listen to it again.

Anyway you can trace it?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Anyway you can trace it?

Well not now. maybe I should have called the police at the time but I didn`t. I really didn`t know what to make of it. All I know is, I slept with one eye open that night. I can`t even discribe the scream but wow was it freaky. I never want to hear that again. I did do a *69 to call back but I got nothing.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Columbo said:

Anyway you can trace it?

*57 is the code for Call Trace in North America. It traces the last call (including private numbers). Contact the police and give them the time and date of the traced call. Your phone provider will release the traced call info only to the relevant authorities.

• Like 5

Oddest I got was a voice mail, I forget the names they used so I'll use first 2 that come to mind. The message said Hi Frank? It's Mark, I couldn't get it finished mark saying something that I couldn't make out followed by have you got the money? A wrong number one was Hey Rod? It's Jack I've got dads Birthday gift, I'll be at dads Sunday 7ish will you make it? 

• Like 3

Ok I just really had a weird thing. I was googling myself ya ya. But my ex wifes name came up it`s been over 10 years and she still has my last name. Can`t be a 100 % it`s her but now I kinda want to call and see. Does that make me creepy. I would be nice and everything but I wonder why she kept my name. I know she has moved on as I have but she was my first true love.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Ok I just really had a weird thing. I was googling myself ya ya. But my ex wifes name came up it`s been over 10 years and she still has my last name. Can`t be a 100 % it`s her but now I kinda want to call and see. Does that make me creepy. I would be nice and everything but I wonder why she kept my name. I know she has moved on as I have but she was my first true love.

Depending on what site you were visiting, some will still list former spouses, with the name they had while they were married.  Not sure if that's what happened for you or not.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Depending on what site you were visiting, some will still list former spouses, with the name they had while they were married.  Not sure if that's what happened for you or not.  

Well I called and it wasn`t her. I don`t really know why I called. My curiosity does get me in trouble sometimes. I know, it killed the cat lol

• Like 8

8 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Well I called and it wasn`t her. I don`t really know why I called. My curiosity does get me in trouble sometimes. I know, it killed the cat lol

My curiosity has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.....you'd think by now I would have learned my lesson.   LOL  

• Like 4

On 6/28/2017 at 0:22 AM, The Silver Thong said:

Well not now. maybe I should have called the police at the time but I didn`t. I really didn`t know what to make of it. All I know is, I slept with one eye open that night. I can`t even discribe the scream but wow was it freaky. I never want to hear that again. I did do a *69 to call back but I got nothing.

This sounds serious. You may have been witness to a crime. You should contact authorities and pursue this matter.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Columbo said:

This sounds serious. You may have been witness to a crime. You should contact authorities and pursue this matter.

It`s been months since it happened, i hope it was a prank call. nothing the police could do now anyway. I however keep getting phone calls from a women in Australia that thinks she`s my wife and yells at me because she calls when I`m sleeping and don`t want to talk.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

It`s been months since it happened, i hope it was a prank call. nothing the police could do now anyway. I however keep getting phone calls from a women in Australia that thinks she`s my wife and yells at me because she calls when I`m sleeping and don`t want to talk.

I still think you should pursue it. You may be the only one who can help the woman.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tcgram said:

My curiosity has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.....you'd think by now I would have learned my lesson.   LOL  

With out curiosity we would still be living in caves and not playing on the internet ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Columbo said:

I still think you should pursue it. You may be the only one who can help the woman.

I have nothing to offer except a creepy phone call. I could`t even say what date it was or what time of day, the police would give me a funny look at best. .  It was the worst scream I have ever heard and never want to hear it again and I havn`t.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

I am sorry about scream call but.i find the 'fake wife' call VERY funny! 

• Like 3

On 2017-6-29 at 1:15 PM, tcgram said:

For.me, trouble makes the blood.pump a little better and.once I am in trouble, I laugh in the face of.danger. (and.then I wake.up from my dream and realise I am boring)

Although I do like to test the boundaries,  and.I do get into trouble cause. I am nosy 

Edited by DebDandelion
  • Like 1

Just now, DebDandelion said:

I am sorry about scream call but.i find the 'fake wife' call VERY funny! 

lol the fake wife thing well, never met her but we talk often, but she thinks she can boss me around from 12 thousand miles away. I find it pretty funny too.

As far as the scream call, even then the hairs in my nose stood up.It`s a possibility that I p***ed off some chick and she wanted to get back at me but I will never know. I have met some mad cow`s in may day eh but again who know`s. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

For.me, trouble makes the blood.pump a little better and.once I am in trouble, I laugh in the face of.danger. (and.then I wake.up from my dream and realise I am boring)

Although I do like to test the boundaries,  and.I do get into trouble cause. I am nosy 

My dreams are pretty odd mostly but I have over time figured out how to get out of them because I recognize weirdness and just go, this ain`t real. My life can`t be that good lol. I`v had a gun pointed at me twice and the scream still tops that.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, The Silver Thong said:

As I understand it, unless you specifically ask in your divorce, that name is legally hers and she can use it if she doesn't want to go thru the hassle of changing everything. In fact, most women don't know but your maiden name is yours also for life and you can legally use it to open businesses, etc.

Regarding your phone call....unless it's unlisted or blocked both my cell and my home phone shows the name and # of the callers plus date and time. Keeps it as a log.

• Like 1

I once dialed a wrong number, we ended up going out for drinks. Yes it was a girl.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I once dialed a wrong number, we ended up going out for drinks. Yes it was a girl.

You have all the fun lol. I had a wrong number call me a couple of weeks ago, a lady looking for someone she put 1 number wrong in

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

You have all the fun lol. I had a wrong number call me a couple of weeks ago, a lady looking for someone she put 1 number wrong in

Trust me, most could not take a day in my world.  Sometimes it`s damn boring and sometimes well not so much.  Damn I need to do laundry, see a slow day for me.lol I come here to relax. Oh crap my phone is ringing :ph34r: just kidding

• Like 1