Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Replacing car horn/honks with duck quacks

seeder

Researchers suggest replacing car honks with duck quacks

Researchers test different sounds on some 100 volunteers, who find quacking to be more pleasant than cars' normal angry honks.

Researchers are tackling sound pollution from loud car horns by developing a beep which apparently sounds like a duck's quack.

The pleasant-sounding horn is designed to alert people to danger while not stressing out others within the vicinity.

A quacking sound was chosen after different sounds were tested on 100 volunteers and it was found to be the most friendly for pedestrians passing by.

http://news.sky.com/story/researchers-suggest-replacing-car-honks-with-duck-quacks-10927151

• Like 2

If I heard a quacking sound I would be looking for Ducks to make sure they're safely off any roads. How would a quack make you think oh danger better move, people can't leave things alone can they.

• Like 2

Judging by most of these 

I thought car horns in Australia had already been replaced by the word "****". 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Judging by most of these 

I thought car horns in Australia had already been replaced by the word "****". 

Nah instead people yell f word or c (which very very rarely use and when I do its 1 person only be referred to because oldest sister calls said person that) out of the window or just honk as much as they can.

• Like 1