Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Susanc241

NASA and related conspiracy theories

496 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

No, they can differ.  It's just the shear number of contrails in these pictures doesn't make sense.  Also, the patterns they are made in, it looks like they are trying to make them dissipate in a certain way.  As described in the document with General Electric, that drawing figures with cloud seeding makes it easier to track how they might dissipate.

I'm not even going to argue chemtrails, all I suspect is that it looks like they are trying to create cloud cover for some reason.

Nope. It's just weather aloft.

If you want to see how such patterns occur, watch this short animation (1:40)...

 

It is a simple consequence of air corridors and atmospheric conditions aloft and that is it.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Are you admitting you're wrong then?  Because by ratio, they all look to have the same dissipation.

That's another thing you don't understand.

onoff-20121010-072016.jpg

Opus, please tell us:

* How do you know that the planes you claim you see are not ordinary commercial flights?

* How do you know that they fly lower than regular commercial traffic?

* How do you know that they're the same planes that go back and forth?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of interest to people who can reason.....

Apparently a study recommended that airliners fly at lower altitudes where they won't form contrails. The belief is that although consumption and CO2 production will rise slightly (about 2%), the reduction of contrails will give an overall net benefit against global warming.

 

dn2926-1_800.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

It's mostly common sense, knowing that 50 smoky trails of planes is not supposed to be a normal sight in the sky.

It's clear that you are not using common sense. Common sense tells us that the contrails are all normal contrails and in some places that is normal.

Opus, please tell us:

* How do you know that the planes you claim you see are not ordinary commercial flights?

* How do you know that they fly lower than regular commercial traffic?

* How do you know that they're the same planes that go back and forth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

It's not nonsense.  They all have the same level of wispiness, or thinning, or whatever you would call it to them, the dissipation.  You can tell, it's easy to see it by looking at them.  They all look like they are in the same stage of it.  So, that implies they were all created around the same time.

The "same level of wispiness" claim is a bald faced lie just like the lie about the width. They look different from contrail to contrail and along the same contrail. It is easy to see that you have no shame.

Whether or not the contrails look the same or different even along the same contrail does not tell us about the time that the contrail was formed. You should learn something about contrails (as well as being truthful).

Opus, please tell us:

* How do you know that the planes you claim you see are not ordinary commercial flights?

* How do you know that they fly lower than regular commercial traffic?

* How do you know that they're the same planes that go back and forth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Here's another video.  In it you can see the contrails mixing in with the existing clouds, making it much more cloudy.  This is the sort of thing I've seen a lot of.  Though, especially on the last piece, it looks like the contrails are increasing the cloud cover exponentially.

 

Here with the hyperbole. Really exponentially? That's a laugh.

Are you going to claim all of these were made at the same time? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the time lapse video shows is that the contrails do not grow in size. The video shows that the sky has mares tails in it. The link below has descriptions of these clouds.

https://earthdata.nasa.gov/user-resources/sensing-our-planet/making-heads-of-mares-tails

Quote

Most cirrus stream out of the chimneys of tropical cyclones or form at the top of boiling thunderstorms, and can stretch over entire continents when pulled by the jet stream. They are made of millions of tiny ice crystals of varying shapes, like disks and rods, and are sometimes so thin they are almost transparent. These features give cirrus an uncanny ability to allow solar radiation into the atmosphere, yet prevent it from reflecting back out into space.

The video is not particularly pretty. You might check out the photos in the cloud appreciation society pages.

https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/gallery/photo/photo-n-154681

Another observation from the videos is that the contrails on these days were stable. They did not change much over the length of each clip. They did not grow and make clouds as has been suggested. What I did notice is that the lower clouds hen visible did not move in the same direction as the upper clouds. I did mention investigating how that fact can be used to predict weather changes. In one clip the lower cloud motion relative to the upper cloud motion suggests that the weather is going to become stormier. And the video does indeed show more clouds.

* How do you know that the planes you claim you see are not ordinary commercial flights?

* How do you know that they fly lower than regular commercial traffic?

* How do you know that they're the same planes that go back and forth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another interesting document about more different types of weather modification.

This one is about experiments done on cumulus clouds in Texas.

In these experiments, silver iodide was not used.  What they used instead was a mixture of ammonium nitrate, urea, and water.  They would both spray and dump this mixture on the clouds.

"These included more rapid cloud dissipation than normal, marked increases in liquid water content (LWC) and turbulence, some heavy precipitation, and occasional instances of accelerated cloud growth."

What I find interesting is the turbulence, and also that they found accelerated cloud growth.  So, they did discover making cloud growth.  That's what I've been wondering about, because that's the main thing that seems to be observed.

With the turbulence, in one experiment, it said the turbulence became so strong that the plane had to stand clear of the cloud for 12 minutes.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/878774.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

With the turbulence, in one experiment, it said the turbulence became so strong that the plane had to stand clear of the cloud for 12 minutes.

If it the preceding aircraft was quite large, then it is a widely known phenomenon called wake turbulence. All air traffic, depending on the size of the aircraft and the preceding aircraft, have wake turbulence separation standards applied to them in controlled airspace.

If the cloud was Cumulonimbus (Cb) then aircraft are always wise to stay away from them. There are a multitude of reports about aircraft coming to grief in Cb.

Edited by Obviousman
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Here's another interesting document about more different types of weather modification.

This one is about experiments done on cumulus clouds in Texas.

In these experiments, silver iodide was not used.  What they used instead was a mixture of ammonium nitrate, urea, and water.  They would both spray and dump this mixture on the clouds.

"These included more rapid cloud dissipation than normal, marked increases in liquid water content (LWC) and turbulence, some heavy precipitation, and occasional instances of accelerated cloud growth."

What I find interesting is the turbulence, and also that they found accelerated cloud growth.  So, they did discover making cloud growth.  That's what I've been wondering about, because that's the main thing that seems to be observed.

With the turbulence, in one experiment, it said the turbulence became so strong that the plane had to stand clear of the cloud for 12 minutes.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/878774.pdf

Another old document from 1974 and a document concerning cumulus clouds. Those form below the level of commercial planes. This does not apply.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Another old document from 1974 and a document concerning cumulus clouds. Those form below the level of commercial planes. This does not apply.

 

It does too apply.  Who said we were talking about commercial planes?

Anyway, as I understand it.  The plane was flying through the cumulus cloud, and on the second pass by of seeding, the water content rose 3 times as much at the penetration layer of the cloud, and the turbulence became so severe the plane had to stay clear of the cloud.  Page 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

It does too apply.  Who said we were talking about commercial planes?

Anyway, as I understand it.  The plane was flying through the cumulus cloud, and on the second pass by of seeding, the water content rose 3 times as much at the penetration layer of the cloud, and the turbulence became so severe the plane had to stay clear of the cloud.  Page 19.

You posted a series of photos of contrails made by commercial planes. You have been unwilling to discuss the fact that the contrails are just commercial aircraft on scheduled trips.

Now you continue to go off on old reports from low flying experiments which have nothing at all do with contrails

The report does not apply to what has been discussed.

Edited by stereologist
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Here we go.  https://ceres.larc.nasa.gov/documents/STM/2015-09/19_Ackerman_CERES_UW_2015.pdf

This document is all about creating clouds, some sprayed from airliners, to combat global warming.  Brightening clouds to reflect the sun using aerosols.

Nasa, may already be doing these things, as by these experiments, which seem to correlate with what they are thinking about in the top document.

Edited by Opus Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

It does too apply.  Who said we were talking about commercial planes?

 

YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO SAYS WE'RE NOT, AND WE KEEP TRYING TO DEMAND THAT YOU PROVIDE EVIDENCE WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE NOT, BUT YOU STEADFASTLY IGNORE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has reached its half-life days ago already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://phys.org/news/2011-08-brightening-clouds-atmospheric-scientists-technique.html

brighteningc.jpg

"When aerosol particles from ship exhaust enter the lower atmosphere, marine stratocumulus clouds are brightened, leaving “ship tracks” visible in satellite images. Credit: Jeff Schmaltz, MODIS Rapid Response Team, NASA/GSFC."

 

http://www.washington.edu/news/2017/07/25/could-spraying-particles-into-marine-clouds-help-cool-the-planet/

ship-tracks-300x259.jpg

"Ships crossing the Pacific Ocean emit particles into the clean air that create a seed for marine clouds.NASA "

Edited by Opus Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

That looks quite interesting, and I've no idea whether those ideas'd be practical at all (giant mirrors in space?), but all these things are presumably intended, if they were practical, to be beneficial, so does this mean that Opus is moving away from the belief that the whole "chemtrail" business is something vaguely evil and sinister to speculating that there might be some beneficial intent? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

Here we go.  https://ceres.larc.nasa.gov/documents/STM/2015-09/19_Ackerman_CERES_UW_2015.pdf

This document is all about creating clouds, some sprayed from airliners, to combat global warming.  Brightening clouds to reflect the sun using aerosols.

Nasa, may already be doing these things, as by these experiments, which seem to correlate with what they are thinking about in the top document.

Can you tell me where it states that the cloud creation is airplane based? The article is about using surface based dispersal systems and testing using planes to sample.

The NASA experiment to produce a noctilucent cloud has nothing to do with what is being discussed. The other experiment has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

https://phys.org/news/2011-08-brightening-clouds-atmospheric-scientists-technique.html

brighteningc.jpg

"When aerosol particles from ship exhaust enter the lower atmosphere, marine stratocumulus clouds are brightened, leaving “ship tracks” visible in satellite images. Credit: Jeff Schmaltz, MODIS Rapid Response Team, NASA/GSFC."

 

http://www.washington.edu/news/2017/07/25/could-spraying-particles-into-marine-clouds-help-cool-the-planet/

ship-tracks-300x259.jpg

"Ships crossing the Pacific Ocean emit particles into the clean air that create a seed for marine clouds.NASA "

Thanks for posting the articles that show that these experiments have nothing at all to do with chemtrails.

Thanks so much for showing that this has nothing at all to do with contrails. Great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in time.. this thread has devolved into little more than bickering in an endless round.

Thread closed for now. Folks, take time to really read and look over the last 20 pages for a biit.

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.