Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anonymous: 'NASA to announce alien life'

Yeah, it's been a few days since they first claimed this. Don't get your hopes up!

• Like 2

it will never happen! religion groups wont let that happen because it will go against their precious books, gov wont let that happen because it will bring chaos and well the US is so high strung on god this announcement will never happen

• Like 3

This could happen if the 'life' in question is just evidence of bacteria on Mars. Advanced intelligent ETs...no way.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, geraldnewfie said:

it will never happen! religion groups wont let that happen because it will go against their precious books, gov wont let that happen because it will bring chaos and well the US is so high strung on god this announcement will never happen

Really? I don't see how 'religion groups' won't let this happen. They don't have any power over what NASA announce, and rightly so.

It shouldn't upset the apple cart too much anyway if all that's been found is some form of primitive, microbial life which, lets face it is, is far more likely than greys, greens or any intelligent life forms out there. They'll still claim it's in the 'books' somewhere and, as usual, twist words to fit what they want it to mean.

I certainly think if any announcement is made it won't have too much of a profound effect on the masses. I mean, how long have we been looking now? How long have bookies been giving odds on it? 20 - 30 years? It's gonna happen at some point I guess and we must be getting closer and closer to that date.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, geraldnewfie said:

Several things: You sell people of faith quite short. If you look at the diversity of life on earth and believe in God, it's not a stretch to believe the universe is filled with other lifeforms. Now whether there is intelligent life beyond earth is still an open question, but again why limit the creative abilities of God to earth? Second you have to consider the source of this information, Anonymous is a questionable source at best, they have their own agenda. Also I believe they have an anonymous source for their story, so we have a double "anonymous." Then there is NASA's track record, they have hardly been open with the public about such things (as far as we know) and they are a political organization as well as a scientific one. I know people that have worked in high levels of government (not NASA) and they say virtually every department is political. So they too have their own agenda. 

I would not be surprised they find microbial life on Mars (probably as fossils at this point) or Europa or some of the other ice moons. I can't see why such an event would cause religious people to panic or America to erupt in chaos. It would be fascinating to see how similar or different alien organism are to our own. Perhaps the four amino acids that make up DNA are the only way to arrange life, and then again perhaps not, but as yet we have nothing for comparison. 

On the other hand, if a saucer landed in D.C. as in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" we are taking about a very different type of event and that would surely shake up the world as we know it, but as yet that's pure science fiction. Good flick though. 

• Like 4

Why would it cause any sort of disruption? I think the idea that the governments of the World would suppress it is another ploy of the tin foil hat brigade to explain why no such announcement has already been made despite all their 'evidence'. Rather than just admitting/realising they're talking nonsense. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Yeah, it's been a few days since they first claimed this. Don't get your hopes up!

I like to think it's only a matter of time before we get news of some type of micro-bacterial life that's been discovered on Mars or some other planetary body. Fingers crossed it's sooner than later.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, geraldnewfie said:

You are buying into a pretty lame excuse.

• Like 6

Religions groups will have as much problem with the discovery of life on other planets as they do with the discovery the Earth is round, orbits the Sun and is more than 6,000 years old ;) 

In other words, 0.02% (Ken Hovind and a few US politicians and fossil fuel billionares) will say its a lie/hoax/conspiracy and the rest really won't care.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

Sounds like a bunch of baseless nonsense to me.

1.) The "religion groups" wouldn't let that happen? If a governmental agency wanted to make an announcement they would do so regardless of whatever religious implications it would have.

2.) "Bring chaos"? Why would it "bring chaos"? I don't think people are going to go ape-**** and take to the streets after hearing about extraterrestrial life existing beyond our planet. I mean, really.... that's just silly. Do you know how many people in the USA already believe that the government is keeping secrets from them with respect to ET life?

3.) "US is so high strung on god this announcement will never happen", no. While there exists a lot of religious people in the USA I sincerely doubt that the government would withhold such an astonishing discovery like this on account of religion.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 4

If it's true, I really think it will be fossil traces of bacteria on Mars or something just as unexciting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

This could happen if the 'life' in question is just evidence of bacteria on Mars. Advanced intelligent ETs...no way.

Or better yet fish  in some of  those oceans. It took NASA  years to confirm water on other planets. By the time announcements are made its no big deal. I doubt this will be  a big deal either. 

1 hour ago, White Unicorn said:

Or better yet fish  in some of  those oceans. It took NASA  years to confirm water on other planets. By the time announcements are made its no big deal. I doubt this will be  a big deal either. 

that would be awesome but I doubt nasa has any equipment up there that could detect fish in those oceans . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

Remember, fish were the supposed start to life on land. 

Any chaos would only occur if the ET's contacted us!  Even if they did there would still be some group of diehards claiming the Earth is only a little over 2000 years old and we are still alone in the universe.  Did anyone see the Genesis Theory? (I think that's the title)  I watched it until time dilation was used to make scientists believe the millions of years it took to make the solar system was actually seven days from the perspective of the epicenter of the big bang!  They might of had me if a black hole was involved somewhere.

• Like 2

Unless they have hacked official documents which prove this, which they haven't, I'll wait for the actual scientists on this one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

It ALREADY happened. Bill Clinton, as President....told the world they thought they found Alien microbes in a rock.....and not a soul panicked

The meteorite is best known for gaining intense media attention in 1996 when a group of scientists claimed to have found evidence for microscopic fossils of Martian bacteria in it, culminating in then U.S. president Bill Clinton giving a speech about the potential discovery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Hills_84001

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I think that was found to just be a piece of rock that happened to look like bacteria.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finity said:

I think that was found to just be a piece of rock that happened to look like bacteria.

OF COURSE!!

Otherwise we would have known for YEARS that alien life existed.  The point was made by another poster that the govt wouldnt tell anyone if they found life

I simply proved....that the govt already DID..... even tho the claim wasnt true

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

The cooler is packed, new line on the pole, point me in the right direction.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Astra. said:

I like to think it's only a matter of time before we get news of some type of micro-bacterial life that's been discovered on Mars or some other planetary body. Fingers crossed it's sooner than later.

I agree 100%. I'm hopeful.

But it will be a new discovery, not some Area 51 triangle UFO grey alien abduction reptilian WOW signal ancient astronaut etc. related thing.

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked