Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing Own Ghost

Amka

My daughter, over the last few weeks, has been having nightmares - she says it's as if someone's watching her, whilst she's asleep. She then wakes up however is still petrified (and sincerely believes) that someone is in her room. This didn't happen when we were on holiday but has started back up. Today, she said she saw who it is that's watching her - herself. She saw her own body watching her; 'she' was standing at the foot of her bed. What's going on? I'm a spiritual person and believe in angels and heaven but I don't preach my views to anyone, not even my daughter. Is her soul trying to leave her body? Please can someone advise?

Edited by Amka

Hi, Amka. Welcome to UM :st. Do you mind telling us how old your daughter is?

Hi, she's aged 20 but was around 2 months prem/low birth weight. No health issues. We also believe in reincarnation. Regards, A

p.s I lost my first child, a son, during pregnancy. He would have been almost exactly a year older than my daughter. I visit his grave on a regular basis ie, I have not forgotten about him.

Edited by Amka

22 hours ago, Amka said:

My daughter, over the last few weeks, has been having nightmares - she says it's as if someone's watching her, whilst she's asleep. She then wakes up however is still petrified (and sincerely believes) that someone is in her room. This didn't happen when we were on holiday but has started back up. Today, she said she saw who it is that's watching her - herself. She saw her own body watching her; 'she' was standing at the foot of her bed. What's going on? I'm a spiritual person and believe in angels and heaven but I don't preach my views to anyone, not even my daughter. Is her soul trying to leave her body? Please can someone advise?

Hi Amka,

Your daughter is dreaming, possibly some degree of sleep paralysis. Is her sleep pattern normally OK. Does she keep or work irregular hours? If so this can exacerbate it.  

Hi, She says she's definitely awake and like today - go on her phone when she 'wakes up' but still have the feeling that there's someone in her room. I don't know what's going on but she says 'I swear to Nanni (deceased maternal grandmother) that I'm not making this up'. I'm trying to ignore this for now. I guess being from a buddhist/hindu etc etc background, we tend to look into these incidents from a different angle.

I wouldn't even worry about it unless she starts seeing it when she's not laying in her bed. 

Laying in bed is too open to sleeping and dreaming states 

• Like 1

To see yourself in your dream is a reflection of how you act and behave in your waking life. Consider what you are doing and how you are feeling in the dream for additional significance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...