Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can hear someone

UM-Bot

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Susanc241

• Krbholmes2017

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing your name called by someone who is not there seems to be quite a common experience. It has happened to me several times over my lifetime (almost 70 years) though it has been many years since the last occurrence. I have never attached any paranormal cause to it, and assume it is a quirk of the brain, a bit like the sense of a sudden short fall or drop as you are going off to sleep. Both times you experienced the voice you mention sleep, either being woken up or just drifting off, and I think this points to it being sleep related, or at least the transition between sleep and being awake. The brain (and its workings) is still largely a huge mystery. I would just accept it and move on.

I posted a story the same day you did, when you get time read it, it's titled "my dead father spoke to me" I have heard my name whispered in my ear twice, I was wide awake each time this happened. I also heard a hello whispered in my ear. 

My opinion is it is a spirit  trying to communicate, I don't know exactly who the whispers were from but when my deceased father spoke to me I confirmed to myself I'm not mentally ill or crazy, lol. I saw a psychic not long after this she knew nothing about me and told me my father was with me in spirit just checking in or in my case coming to me in a great time of need for him in my life.

Of course at that point I had a lot of questions for her and she told me She was sure it Was a loved one trying to communicate with me and if I did hear that it meant  I have a special gift called clairaudient but advised me to not communicate with the dead it could be dangerous. I have read we are all gifted with these abilities and it depends on the person and if they recognize they have a gift And whether or not they use it like my psychic does. I don't plan to do anything with it I certainly won't be playing with a ouija board or anything.

i think it is our loved ones who have passed and they are just trying to communicate from the other side as they say. Thanks