Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We are our own engineers of a dying planet

Sosa_Productions

Great movie plot! What if our ancestors actually came from another planet that was about to parish? Stay with me! Sudden expansion of their sun or a planet killer was on an imminent collision course. They were possibly already been looking for habitable planets and discovered our primitive earth. Eventually they had enough time to mustar a crew and ship to take off and save humanity from extinction. Eventually the take off leaving the rest of humanity to its demise and in route to and inhabitable earth. After so many years they eventually reach earth, but after a unforeseen circumstances the ship dramatically crash lands killing everyone on board onto a surface where possibly the small amount of DNA from the bodies or human embryos capsule can eventually evolve again to what we are NOW.  Because of time constraints and the earth atmosphere, the small amount of their history was completely destroyed (or so we think) could explain many other mysteries.

The movie could end as the crew crash lands,they embrace each other and "capsules" containing "the future of humanity"  and the camera pans out as the only surviving DNA begins to do its thing, like that one Prometheus movie scene where the engineers DNA grows in the lake. 

I never thought I would put this out there, I've had it on my mind for years and really need to put down in writing. If anyone knows of such a plot, movie or even book please refer!!! Thank you. Any thought? 

• Like 1

You should watch BSG. I think Ronald D Moore stole your idea.

• Like 2

The problem is our DNA is 99% the same as Gorillas and Chimps, all of us not far from monkeys, then mammals, then vertebrates, then other animals, then every living stuff on earth. So in this scenario, we would be the descendants of proto-bacteria on the spaceship at best. :blush:

2 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

. So in this scenario, we would be the descendants of proto-bacteria on the spaceship at best. :blush:

But would we have had something useful like lactobacillus as our forebears or a more sinister ancestor such as Yersinia Pestis?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

But would we have had something useful like lactobacillus as our forebears or a more sinister ancestor such as Yersinia Pestis?

Your thinking something too complex. It would be the ancestors to both with no specialization. A very basic simple life.

19 hours ago, Sosa_Productions said:

Great movie plot! What if our ancestors actually came from another planet that was about to parish? Stay with me! Sudden expansion of their sun or a planet killer was on an imminent collision course. They were possibly already been looking for habitable planets and discovered our primitive earth. Eventually they had enough time to mustar a crew and ship to take off and save humanity from extinction. Eventually the take off leaving the rest of humanity to its demise and in route to and inhabitable earth. After so many years they eventually reach earth, but after a unforeseen circumstances the ship dramatically crash lands killing everyone on board onto a surface where possibly the small amount of DNA from the bodies or human embryos capsule can eventually evolve again to what we are NOW.  Because of time constraints and the earth atmosphere, the small amount of their history was completely destroyed (or so we think) could explain many other mysteries.

The movie could end as the crew crash lands,they embrace each other and "capsules" containing "the future of humanity"  and the camera pans out as the only surviving DNA begins to do its thing, like that one Prometheus movie scene where the engineers DNA grows in the lake. 

I never thought I would put this out there, I've had it on my mind for years and really need to put down in writing. If anyone knows of such a plot, movie or even book please refer!!! Thank you. Any thought? 

Sounds like the makings for a good movie.   However, the long ride in the space ship would need to be made exciting.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

Sounds like the makings for a good movie.   However, the long ride in the space ship would need to be made exciting.  

Add in a intergalactic version of Twister with cannibalism, weird reproductive sequences and death duels.

• Like 4

On 6/27/2017 at 1:53 PM, Gingitsune said:

The problem is our DNA is 99% the same as Gorillas and Chimps, all of us not far from monkeys, then mammals, then vertebrates, then other animals, then every living stuff on earth. So in this scenario, we would be the descendants of proto-bacteria on the spaceship at best. :blush:

Actually, we're also similar to bananas and algae and everything else on Earth.

That said, it'd probably work as fan fiction on a fan fiction site.  But your average science fiction editor is going to kick that one out.  If you had a lot of money and famous people, you could probably get it made as a movie (they've made a lot of terrible movies ... the plots don't have to make sense.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Actually, we're also similar to bananas and algae and everything else on Earth.

That's part of the "then every living stuff on earth". ;)

On 6/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, Sosa_Productions said:

I remember a short story from Analog Magazine.  A scientist invents a new propulsion drive for space exploration.  The ship is built he tests it himself.  He takes off successfully, orbits the moon and comes back to find the drive has vaporized the surface of the earth.  In short order he dies, his body winding up in a puddle, his DNA; well you guessed it.  Not much help for you, I can't  remember the author.  It was probably written about 40-50 years ago.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Add in a intergalactic version of Twister with cannibalism, weird reproductive sequences and death duels.

dont forget the space shark tornadoes

• Like 2

hi Sosa it's better if you reverse the scenario such that you will not conflict the evolution on earth so instead of crashing on earth, the plot should start in future where a Crew escapes from Earth and crashes on different planet. you can extend this later by adding plots where different crews went to different planets unknown to each other hence you can create factions. 

On 2017-6-27 at 7:53 PM, Gingitsune said:

50% of our DNA is the same as that of bananas.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:37 AM, Hanslune said:

Pandorum?

5 minutes ago, xYlvax said:

Pandorum?

No I haven't seen that movie nor had I heard of that 'disease' - had to look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandorum

Hmmm... interesting that Sosa_productions hasn't bothered to return and defend the concept ? 

Drive-by posting ? 

18 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

It was an interesting film. 

Have placed in on my list # 123 so it might be awhile!

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmmm... interesting that Sosa_productions hasn't bothered to return and defend the concept ? 

Drive-by posting ? 

My sentiments exactly. I'm tired of this with some of the new posters. We really want them here, but even more so we want them to post in threads they start.

I may have to lock this thread, too.

• Like 1

The earth will be here long after we are gone, nothing lasts forever. Then it just reboots after we are gone. It`s happened before. As long as we don`t turn the planet into Venus.