Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Increase in Auditory Hallucinations?

HandsomeGorilla

Some of you may know that I'm a bad sleeper, so hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations are no stranger to me. The problem is that they've consistently gotten worse and I'm looking for a way to cope. 

Just yesterday alone, there were three. First, I was startled awake by what sounded exactly like a crack of lightning and thunder at very, very close range. Everything was clear outside, so no good explanation for that outside of my own brain. Then, a cabinet or door slamming...hard. After that, a not so gentle knocking on my bedroom door.

All in my head, obviously; not implying it was anything else. It's gotten to the point where it's severely interrupting the precious amount of sleep I do manage to get. There's also this very strange clicking sound that will come from one corner of the room. It's not plumbing and it's not electrical. After investigating there's just nothing there. 

I've been under an unusual amount of stress lately, could that be the problem? If so, is there anything I can do? It's bad enough with all the other crap going on in my life that I sleep even worse thanks to these strange goings-on. Makes me want to not even try to relax because there's always gonna be some strange crash, my name being called, etc. 

Advice? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Some of you may know that I'm a bad sleeper, so hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations are no stranger to me. The problem is that they've consistently gotten worse and I'm looking for a way to cope. 

Just yesterday alone, there were three. First, I was startled awake by what sounded exactly like a crack of lightning and thunder at very, very close range. Everything was clear outside, so no good explanation for that outside of my own brain. Then, a cabinet or door slamming...hard. After that, a not so gentle knocking on my bedroom door.

All in my head, obviously; not implying it was anything else. It's gotten to the point where it's severely interrupting the precious amount of sleep I do manage to get. There's also this very strange clicking sound that will come from one corner of the room. It's not plumbing and it's not electrical. After investigating there's just nothing there. 

I've been under an unusual amount of stress lately, could that be the problem? If so, is there anything I can do? It's bad enough with all the other crap going on in my life that I sleep even worse thanks to these strange goings-on. Makes me want to not even try to relax because there's always gonna be some strange crash, my name being called, etc. 

Advice? 

You're most likely a natural at astral projection. You should get up out of body and confront whatever is making those things happen. Even if it is all in your head, its still a solution. Might end up having some fun while you are at it.

Oh BTW you should start a meditation practice. Its great for stress relief, which probably is the cause of your more frequent altered states.

• Like 1

I was going to suggested some sort of earplugs but then I realized you probably probably need to hear thar alarm to get up so nevermind lol