Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hillsborough: Criminal charges against six

Still Waters

Ex-chief constable Norman Bettison and match commander on the day, David Duckenfield, are among those charged over the disaster.

Ninety-six men, women and children were killed in the stadium crush on 15 April 1989.

http://news.sky.com/story/hillsborough-criminal-charges-against-six-people-10929606

Relatives of the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough disaster have reacted positively to the news that criminal charges are going to be brought against six individuals.

http://news.sky.com/story/families-applauded-at-news-of-hillsborough-charges-10929968

• Like 3

This seems to drag on forever. There'll be quite a few relatives of those who died who won't live to see sentences handed out. But a good step forward, nevertheless.

• Like 2

I witnessed it all Live on the TV that sad sad day ... RiP 96

nonetheless ...and as ever ... from the world over ...

~

[00.03:11]

~

spine tingling ....

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

A little earlier I was watching the news about the criminal charges being brought, and listening to what some of the relatives of the victims had to say.  They have gone through 28 years of hell to get to this point and they still have a long way to go .................... and the guilty ones have had 28 years of freedom that they should have spent behind bars. It makes me feel sick. 

• Like 1

I do hope that if convicted Ex-chief constable Norman Bettison and match commander on the day, David Duckenfield get "retro-spectivly sacked" and have their pensions removed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EBE Hybrid said:

I do hope that if convicted Ex-chief constable Norman Bettison and match commander on the day, David Duckenfield get "retro-spectivly sacked" and have their pensions removed

That would be great ........ but I think we know it isn't going to happen.