Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kim Jong Un Fires Off Another Missile.

Astra.

41 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

One of the wilder theories making the rounds is that Kim tested one of China's nuclear weapons for them, and they are secretly tolerating him while pretending to be essential to solving the crisis.

Ya know, that's really not that 'wild' of a theory...I wouldn't put something like that past China at all.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gromdor said:

China considers Taiwan as it's own.  With it's 260ish nuclear weapons, it can still take out it's neighbors and a good chunk of the US in the event of a nuclear war.  Placing more nukes in the region would just give everyone an excuse to make more.

The fact that China can basically end the world with their arsenal won't help them from BEING ENDED by Taiwan or Japan if they become overly aggressive.  It's about deterrence, not warfighting, remember?  Right now it's just the Chinese and their dog to the south that has these weapons.  If they have to worry about a nearly undetectable nuclear decapitation strike from either of these countries, I suspect it will sober them up about their designs of using the Norks as a club against the U.S.

Now it appears that North Korea plans on shooting down US planes...'cause Trump has "declared war" on them. Now, Trump has not declared war (not yet anyway) but apparently that's not gonna stop Kimmy from acting out.

See link here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korean-foreign-minister-says-trump-has-declared-war-n804501

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Now it appears that North Korea plans on shooting down US planes...'cause Trump has "declared war" on them. Now, Trump has not declared war (not yet anyway) but apparently that's not gonna stop Kimmy from acting out.

See link here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korean-foreign-minister-says-trump-has-declared-war-n804501

The little Rocket Man doesn't even have the usual excuse of having to save face.  The masses never hear of anything from outside the country and the elite knows better than to laugh OR grumble, lest they die in some peculiarly inventive way.  That tells me that either he has the same kind of ego as the Donald OR he still believes he can scare someone into removing the sanctions and sending him some much-needed currency (and cheese).  If he's still holding out hope that someone will break the sanctions if he blusters enough, that worries me a bit.  He may not know when to back down.  OTOH, if he wasn't being pinched where it hurts, he'd probably just be quiet.  If he decides to launch an ICBM with a nuke and detonates it in the air or worse, IN the Pacific, I think the moment will have come when we just have to bite the bullet and go.  Preferably, with China moving into the north of the country to be "peacekeepers" and to distribute U.S. food aid.  Xi can't really want a war that might escalate into a nuclear exchange and once he sees that his dog has bitten the neighbor, he should realize it's time to put him down.  Russia isn't a two front kind of military so Vlad isn't going to do anything except some gurning at the UN.  

I really hope that Mattis has made it clear that if WMD of any kind is used on the civilian population of Seoul or on U.S. or S.K. military, the resulting strikes will be quick, overwhelming and will turn the city of the "Flat Land" to a twisted, glowing mound of cinders.  Unless Chinese leaders truly believe we will annihilate the Norks as a military threat, no matter WHAT that takes, this dangerous game is going to go on and on.  Apparently, Xi and Putin have made the calculation that America will never use nukes of any kind to defend ourselves or our allies unless we absorb a nuke first.  THAT is a dangerous place for any nation to be in.

• Like 1

My personal theory is that "something" will happen to Kimmy and China will step in in order to "maintain order", probably quite soon. China doesnt want US forces anywhere near its borders. A vassalised North Korea then becomes one big "Neutral Zone" keeping the NATO forces off it's lawn.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My personal theory is that "something" will happen to Kimmy and China will step in in order to "maintain order", probably quite soon. China doesnt want US forces anywhere near its borders. A vassalised North Korea then becomes one big "Neutral Zone" keeping the NATO forces off it's lawn.

I hope you are correct.

• Like 1

North Korea has been talking 'death and destruction' to America for a long time now (how many times have they threatened to nuke America). But, they consider any comment that the US would destroy them were they to use their nukes as being a declaration of war. North Korea is the one escalating the problem, they are the ones threatening to nuke others, they are the ones flipping their middle finger to the rest of the world. If China doesn't or can't curb their dog (aka Kim) then it doesn't bode well for anyone.

• Like 1

America is talking the talk in much the same way N.Korea is. - China borders North Korea let them deal with their neighbour. America cannot afford a war on the Korean peninsular and Russia and China will not allow it. History tells us to take on N.Korea you have to be prepared to take on China. the political will wasn't there in 1950 and its not there today. The only course of action, place sanctions but ultimately accept N.Korea is a nuclear state.

Question: when Kim fires the dud missiles over Japan why isn't Japan shooting them down?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevewinn said:

America is talking the talk in much the same way N.Korea is. - China borders North Korea let them deal with their neighbour. America cannot afford a war on the Korean peninsular and Russia and China will not allow it. History tells us to take on N.Korea you have to be prepared to take on China. the political will wasn't there in 1950 and its not there today. The only course of action, place sanctions but ultimately accept N.Korea is a nuclear state.

Question: when Kim fires the dud missiles over Japan why isn't Japan shooting them down?

IIRC The Chinese only really got involved after McArthur ordered troops across the Yellow River, which the Chinese strictly forbade. So as long as the US doesn't break any of China's rules this time they'll Switzerland it out.

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

IIRC The Chinese only really got involved after McArthur ordered troops across the Yellow River, which the Chinese strictly forbade. So as long as the US doesn't break any of China's rules this time they'll Switzerland it out.

Its been a while since i read up on the Korean war so im going off memory - im not saying your wrong because im not 100% certain myself, but i cannot remember MacArthur ordering troops across the yellow river, is there a yellow river in Korea? are you possibly mixing it up with the Yalu River? Did MacArthur even order a crossing of the Yalu river? i can remember there was great concern by the UN (forces) leadership about pushing to far North towards the Manchurian border in case it triggered a Chinese reaction, with the North Koreans in full retreat im sure it was agreed that only ROK South Korean soldiers would push further North, Jonchon or the Chanjin reservoir in the area was the furthest North the US forces reached? wasn't it the 8th Army which was first engaged by the Chinese at Usan.

I cant remember the Chinese hinting or warning of advancing towards the border would force them to act, especially when it was a total surprise when the Chinese invaded and entered the war, im sure all eyes where on Russia. as the Chinese invasion was totally out of the blue with the first reports by the fleeing South Koreans being dismissed, it wasn't until the Americans and commonwealth brigade first encountered the Chinese that it was confirmed they had entered the war proper, what followed was aheadlong retreat by US/UN Forces losing men left right and centre. fingers and feet frozen unable to walk and fire their weapons. 

• Like 1

China has told North Korean companies operating in its territory to close down as it implements United Nations sanctions against the reclusive state.

The companies will be shut by early January. Joint Chinese and North Korean ventures will also be forced to close.

China, Pyongyang's only major ally, has already banned textile trade and limited oil exports.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41431057

• Like 1