Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of the 5,000-year-old giants

seeder

Mystery of the 5,000-year-old giants: Chinese archaeologists discover ancient tombs belonging to 'unusually tall and strong' people

Excavation on site in Jiaojia village, China's Shandong province began in 2016
    The site is considered to be some 5,000 years old  
    Archaeologists found men measuring five foot 11 inches tall
    It's thought that the taller men in bigger graves were of a higher status

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4665286/Archaeologists-ancient-tombs-belonging-tall-people.html

• Like 5

5'11" while tall for the Chinese isn't particularly gigantic. Nice excavation nonetheless

• Like 3

On July 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Hanslune said:

5'11" while tall for the Chinese isn't particularly gigantic. Nice excavation nonetheless

I'm 5'4"...so that's gigantic to me. Then again, many of the 12 year olds I meet at the museum are taller than I am. Everyone is, except for the mummies.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm 5'4"...so that's gigantic to me. Then again, many of the 12 year olds I meet at the museum are taller than I am. Everyone is, except for the mummies.

Dang I was the smallest one in my family at 6'2" my maternal grandfather was 6'8" and known as 'big swede' despite being Danish.

• Like 4

Just now, Hanslune said:

Dang I was the smallest one in my family at 6'2" my maternal grandfather was 6'8" and known as 'big swede' despite being Danish.

That's not fair. I'm Dutch. Why am I not tall? Your grandfather could step on me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

That's not fair. I'm Dutch. Why am I not tall? Your grandfather could step on me.

You must be descended from the people who live under the canal - or as I found in my research you have unknown Sri Lankan or Indonesian blood.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

You must be descended from the people who live under the canal - or as I found in my research you have unknown Sri Lankan or Indonesian blood.

Nah, I'm too pale to be Sri Lankan or Indonesian. I'd guess I'm just part troll. I do like the dark and mildewy undersides of bridges.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Nah, I'm too pale to be Sri Lankan or Indonesian. I'd guess I'm just part troll. I do like the dark and mildewy undersides of bridges.

I'm 1/8 or 1/16th Choctaw (depends on who you ask in the family) and it doesn't show up at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

But isn't this one of your family gatherings?

Choctaw_Group_cropped_web_original.jpg

Can't be. Hanslune won't be photographed unless he is wearing his favorite pair of lederhosen.

15 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Can't be. Hanslune won't be photographed unless he is wearing his favorite pair of lederhosen.

But doesn't he wear those under his petticoats?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Supposedly the Dutch are the tallest people in the World. I guess it is so that they don't drown when the dikes break.

Anyway like I told you the Dutch don't exist anymore in the future where I live. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Like Greenland ? :whistle:

• Like 2

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Supposdly the Dutch are the tallest people in the World. I guess it is so that they don't drown when the dikes break.

Anyway like I told you the Dutch don't exist anymore in the future where I live. 

Hey one needs an impressive... height to impress a dike.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Hey one needs an impressive... height to impress a dike.

There are many kinds of dikes in the Netherlands. :rolleyes:

Its called the Netherlands because it is mostly below sealevel............

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

There are many kinds of dikes in the Netherlands. :rolleyes:

Its called the Netherlands because it is mostly below sealevel............

Going below sea level is one of the best reasons to visit New Orleans. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Being tall or very tall isn't all it's cracked up to be. Even though you are constantly on the look out for low objects, you still constantly bang your head on things (ceiling fans are the worse) . I've had back problems for years for years that doctors have said are in part of my height (just under 7'2'). But for me the worst is the unwanted attention. Mostly just people looking. I would much rather blend into the background, but it's not easy to do.

• Like 4

On 7/6/2017 at 8:43 PM, kmt_sesh said:

You must be a 6'7" Frisian compacted into a 5'4" body.  Good disguise, probably keeps visitors from being terrified when you pick up an ax or sword to explain how they were used.

4 hours ago, Why not said:

Being tall or very tall isn't all it's cracked up to be. Even though you are constantly on the look out for low objects, you still constantly bang your head on things (ceiling fans are the worse) . I've had back problems for years for years that doctors have said are in part of my height (just under 7'2'). But for me the worst is the unwanted attention. Mostly just people looking. I would much rather blend into the background, but it's not easy to do.

My son is just over 6'8".  A friend gave him a good comeback for curiosity seekers.  Usually it goes, "Hey how tall are you anyway? You must play a lot of basketball."  His rejoinder is, "No, I am a computer science major, do you play a lot of miniature golf?"

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

My son is just over 6'8".  A friend gave him a good comeback for curiosity seekers.  Usually it goes, "Hey how tall are you anyway? You must play a lot of basketball."  His rejoinder is, "No, I am a computer science major, do you play a lot of miniature golf?"

Yeah, I don't like being rude to people with come backs. Friends have suggested wearing a shirt with it printed on it, but that would just make it worse. I usually just kinda smile at them and they get the hint.

11 hours ago, Why not said:

Yeah, I don't like being rude to people with come backs. Friends have suggested wearing a shirt with it printed on it, but that would just make it worse. I usually just kinda smile at them and they get the hint.

I could never do it either.  I am only 6'5"  so I didn't get it as often.  It seemed to me that older women became motherly or grandmotherly, sweetly parental.  Men  can be somewhat aggressive  with their questions though. Have you found that?

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I could never do it either.  I am only 6'5"  so I didn't get it as often.  It seemed to me that older women became motherly or grandmotherly, sweetly parental.  Men  can be somewhat aggressive  with their questions though. Have you found that?

It's a vocal way we men test each others metal. Just thump your chest and glower back at them.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:08 AM, kmt_sesh said:

You mean ... under his Tutsi  ? 

16 hours ago, Why not said:

Smile down on them , you mean ?   :D  

• Like 1