Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hometown ghosts.

D.O'N

So the idea behind this thread is to talk about ghosts you have heard of where you live, could be legends, myths, stories you heard and so on and so fourth. For example, where i live the legend goes that an army of ghosts march up and down the long street by where i live. So anyone got any cool stories etc?

Edited by Baldylocks

Well, just down the road from my grandparents' house there is an old milk-bottling plant. I have heard rumors that it is haunted. Such things as lights being turned off, bottles being rattled around and a little girl's voice whispering have all been reported. 

The old school (demolished as of 2014) was rumored to have been haunted as well. It was an older building, dating back to the 1920's, and ghostly activity has been reported from it, especially after it was shut down in 2008 (my class was actually the last to graduate from there). Some of the things I have heard were that items would go missing only to reappear in odd places, doors locked at nigh would mysteriously be open the next day, balls put away at night would be found out on the gym floor, as if they were played with. And at least one ghost has been spotted roaming the second floor hallway. 

I grew up in a couple small towns, the general area had lots of stuff. Werewolves/beasts, vortexes, witches, haunted roads and taverns, cemeteries and mansions with spooks... old schools/institutions that had dead nuns and priests. Lots of Native American burial stuff, and tales of wee folk. Weird woods and parks with ruins and haunted lakes... serial killer ghost urban legends, though those are probably more due to real area killers than honest ghost legends.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The village of Puckley, in the south-east of England, this village has 12 ghosts

The Ghost Bohemian

pluckley_fantomes..._hantees-461c392.jpg

The specter of a gypsy smoking a pipe and clasping a ragged shawl on her shoulders sometimes appears on the bridge near the crossroads. It had been burnt alive in rather mysterious circumstances and has never ceased to haunt this place since his death.

https://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/product/pluckley-village-kent

Edited by lidia