Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diamond-shaped UFO in Siberia

The Caspian Hare

Bizarre diamond-shaped 'UFO' swallows another unidentified flying object in the night sky

By The Siberian Times reporter

09 July 2017

Or is it a clever light show - maybe a drone and a laser - seen above unidentified houses and trees?

The strange video, seeming to show a mysterious unidentified flying object full of lights in the night sky, has emerged in media circles in Yakutia, the largest region in Russia. 

It appears to have a vapour trail.

The object then vanishes into a 'diamond shaped window' which suddenly lights up in the sky, before also disappearing. 

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/bizarre-diamond-shaped-ufo-swallows-another-unidentified-flying-object-in-the-night-sky/

• Like 6

Bizarre! And quite cleverly done (I don't know how) but I'm going to say definitely man made.

• Like 3

But wouldn't you like it to be real? I feel it is clever fakery, but wouldn't it be good if it wasn't?

• Like 6

Nice drone.

• Like 1

After Effects.  Or pretty much any video editing software with motion detection/matching.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

But wouldn't you like it to be real? I feel it is clever fakery, but wouldn't it be good if it wasn't?

What an odd thing to write.

• Like 2

So just to clarify here we will immediately discredit absolutely any footage that is clear, isn't shaky, or shows technology beyond our comprehension, outright without any factual and relevant evidence to prove it as a hoax correct?
This attitude, this inability to accept anything proving humanity to indeed be an inferior and insignificant species when compared to the vastness of the universe will ultimately be our undoing. This will also ultimately be the reason that humanity will continue to stagnate, if we refuse to believe the unbelievable as we have in the past we will never achieve what we are destined for.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

So just to clarify here we will immediately discredit absolutely any footage that is clear, isn't shaky, or shows technology beyond our comprehension, outright without any factual and relevant evidence to prove it as a hoax correct?
This attitude, this inability to accept anything proving humanity to indeed be an inferior and insignificant species when compared to the vastness of the universe will ultimately be our undoing. This will also ultimately be the reason that humanity will continue to stagnate, if we refuse to believe the unbelievable as we have in the past we will never achieve what we are destined for.

OK I'm very much confused on why you felt the need to type this long elaborate message on this clear cut fraud....but hey choose what you want to believe but if I was seeing this spectacle I would be screaming frantically ...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

Might be good, but might be very very very bad! :alien:

46 minutes ago, MJNYC said:

Might be good, but might be very very very bad! :alien:

My feeling is, that if they intended skullduggery they wouldn't be hovering about in our skies - they'd have acted by now....famous last words - aaarrrggghhhh:wacko:!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

Oh, such impressive wisdom.

Now, getting back to the actual video, can you answer a few questions?

1. Do you realise how easy it is to add these sort of effects to a video?  (Hint - VERY, with a little practice)

2. Given that, should we perhaps look closely at the 'nature' of the video and how it was presented?  In other words, what content, detail, provenance and corroborative evidence was supplied.  Do feel free to tell us what, amongst all the detail that was provided to support the video (ie NONE) impressed you the most, other than "Gee, it looks cool!"

3. Do you think, if this really happened, that only one person would catch the video?  And why did the footage seem to start midway through the sighting - why don't we see the unsteadiness as he raises the camera?

4. Does this look like the 'normal' quality of even a crap phone/camera?

5. Where is the original footage?

6. Where is the interview with the witness/es?

... Shall I go on?

May I rephrase your lament:

This attitude, this blind willingness to accept anything proves humanity to indeed be a gullible, inferior and insignificant species when compared to the vastness of the universe, and if it continues will ultimately be our undoing. This will also ultimately be the reason that humanity will go downhill, if we continue to blindly accept idiotic and easily faked Youtube videos showing what is rightly 'unbelievable'.  We need to grow up and learn and apply rigour to our endeavours and investigations.

Humanity is becoming ignorant through this laziness.

• Like 7

On 7/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, ChrLzs said:

Oh, such impressive wisdom.

Now, getting back to the actual video, can you answer a few questions?

1. Do you realise how easy it is to add these sort of effects to a video?  (Hint - VERY, with a little practice)

2. Given that, should we perhaps look closely at the 'nature' of the video and how it was presented?  In other words, what content, detail, provenance and corroborative evidence was supplied.  Do feel free to tell us what, amongst all the detail that was provided to support the video (ie NONE) impressed you the most, other than "Gee, it looks cool!"

3. Do you think, if this really happened, that only one person would catch the video?  And why did the footage seem to start midway through the sighting - why don't we see the unsteadiness as he raises the camera?

4. Does this look like the 'normal' quality of even a crap phone/camera?

5. Where is the original footage?

6. Where is the interview with the witness/es?

... Shall I go on?

May I rephrase your lament:

This attitude, this blind willingness to accept anything proves humanity to indeed be a gullible, inferior and insignificant species when compared to the vastness of the universe, and if it continues will ultimately be our undoing. This will also ultimately be the reason that humanity will go downhill, if we continue to blindly accept idiotic and easily faked Youtube videos showing what is rightly 'unbelievable'.  We need to grow up and learn and apply rigour to our endeavours and investigations.

Humanity is becoming ignorant through this laziness.

I did not comment on the validity of the video itself, simply disdain at the inability to accept things one doesn't understand. I saw many discrediting the video without providing anything to substantiate these claims. Do you really deny that humanity has indeed began to stagnate, that it is possible that this could indeed be attributed, at least partially, to this stance being taken impulsively?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

I did not comment on the validity of the video itself, simply disdain at the inability to accept things one doesn't understand. I saw many discrediting the video without providing anything to substantiate these claims. Do you really deny that humanity has indeed began to stagnate, that it is possible that this could indeed be attributed, at least partially, to this stance being taken impulsively?

There sure is plenty of stagnating going on out there, and I'd suggest that those willing to believe in whatever, without and real evidence, are doing a whole lot more stagnating than those who are skeptical.

Think about it like this: If you immediately claim every supposed ET UFO video is the real deal, without looking into it, then you'd be close to 100% wrong, with a handful of unexplained videos on the side.

Now if you immediately claim every supposed ET UFO video is not the real deal, without looking into it, then you'd be close to 100% right with a handful of unexplained videos on the side.

I know who I'd prefer to stagnate with!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

I did not comment on the validity of the video itself, simply disdain at the inability to accept things one doesn't understand. I saw many discrediting the video without providing anything to substantiate these claims.

Thing is, if you know anything much at all about videography, you will know that the type of thing shown here is one of the easier tasks in video editing software.  If you did a bit of searching on things like "how to fake a UFO with After Effects" or perhaps to be specific "jerusalem ufo hoax" or "haiti ufo fake", you will get up to speed..  We (ie UM skeptics) generally don't bother with more substantiation as it is a topic that has been covered pretty well..

As with any claim, let alone UFO claim, it is not just about one aspect (eg the video alone) - it is about looking at the entirety of the claim - the entire story, the timing of events (do you see, or do they discuss, what happened before and after the sighting?), the source, any collaboration (especially when things are shot over a populated area), any evidence left behind, what type of camera,. what settings, etc etc.

If it's a genuine sighting, all of these things will be happily discussed by the claimant.  In this case, it failed on virtually all those other aspects.

This has always been the case, in my opinion - ie that you should look carefully at *all* aspects of the claim.  It is even more important nowadays as the ability to video-edit at quite a high level is in the reach of everyone.  Some of the software that will do it is free...

2 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

Do you really deny that humanity has indeed began to stagnate, that it is possible that this could indeed be attributed, at least partially, to this stance being taken impulsively?

Yes, B follows A.. - but that don't mean A caused B.  I think we are stagnating because kids have got it way too easy, they are handed technology on a platter and have no idea what went before to get us here, they rely on Youtube for their entertainment and think it is also a house of learning, they don't bother to research or even think logically, they rarely go outside and actually observe their skies and think about what they see.  They also don't consider the obvious questions like those I raised above, eg why didn't anyone else see this?, why don't amateur astronomers capture this stuff, why don't we have better images today when so many folks (like me) have very high quality cameras with them at most times...?

There's the problem...

• Like 3

I love this. Wish it was real....

i don't understand why when people are taking the " Footage" of anything weird. why aren't they yelling, or screaming with excitement? 

Edited by curiouse

Coz they are faking it, not taking it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 10:17 AM, Susanc241 said:

My feeling is, that if they intended skullduggery they wouldn't be hovering about in our skies - they'd have acted by now....famous last words - aaarrrggghhhh:wacko:!

I'll take that!  I like to be positive. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 3:57 AM, seanjo said:

Stagnating? Like when people will keep on believing the same old rubbish, like Alien's visiting Earth, despite the fact the same old rubbish, keeps on being disproved and remains unproven, in fact, there is not one single shred of any kind of serious evidence; that kind of stagnation?

There is substantial evidence for both sides of this arguement. Otherwise this arguement wouldn't exist. Niether can either side of the arguement prove or disprove the other. A great man once stated it is likely that the best explanation for our moon is actually observational error due to its ability to contradict so much of known science. Does this then mean there is no moon? Believe it or not humanity has only been at this for a short period, and over that short period we have overturned so much of our own "known" science it's embarassing. The truth is we know very little, and anyone that believes that they know anything with total certainty is absolutely naive, so save your condescending tone because until you can provide concrete evidence that humanity is the supreme intelligence within the universe, that we are alone in this experiment known as life, that we have reached the pinnacle of what is possible within the sciences and have obtained all information available as well as garnering a solid understanding of said information you are simply throwing around rhetoric at someone simply because they are open to an idea you have already decided is an impossibility. The reality is that most new findings are pointing towards life being a constant across the universe and its fairly conceded to believe we are the best the universe has ever produced considering how much of the universe we can't even perceive, let alone understand.

This is more of an all around response to many people questioning my logic within this thread regardless of the specific quote I opted to use. My objective, just to be clear, was to show that when people are closed off from ideas that contradict what they think they "know" then humanity will stagnate and this has been proven many times over throughout history.

15 minutes ago, TaintlessMetals said:

There is substantial evidence for both sides of this arguement. Otherwise this arguement wouldn't exist. Niether can either side of the arguement prove or disprove the other. A great man once stated it is likely that the best explanation for our moon is actually observational error due to its ability to contradict so much of known science. Does this then mean there is no moon? Believe it or not humanity has only been at this for a short period, and over that short period we have overturned so much of our own "known" science it's embarassing. The truth is we know very little, and anyone that believes that they know anything with total certainty is absolutely naive, so save your condescending tone because until you can provide concrete evidence that humanity is the supreme intelligence within the universe, that we are alone in this experiment known as life, that we have reached the pinnacle of what is possible within the sciences and have obtained all information available as well as garnering a solid understanding of said information you are simply throwing around rhetoric at someone simply because they are open to an idea you have already decided is an impossibility. The reality is that most new findings are pointing towards life being a constant across the universe and its fairly conceded to believe we are the best the universe has ever produced considering how much of the universe we can't even perceive, let alone understand.

This is more of an all around response to many people questioning my logic within this thread regardless of the specific quote I opted to use. My objective, just to be clear, was to show that when people are closed off from ideas that contradict what they think they "know" then humanity will stagnate and this has been proven many times over throughout history.

Plenty of people would love it to be true. But it takes a bit more than a ****ty video or two.

You are the definition of naive. 

Edit: I'll provide a more full response to your post tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

2 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Plenty of people would love it to be true. But it takes a bit more than a ****ty video or two.

You are the definition of naive. 

Edit: I'll provide a more full response to your post tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat.

No really, I will. I never would've thought I'd be contact with someone brilliant enough to provide adequate answers involving the criteria I listed, ecspecially here commenting on this random forum. Get ready to accept your Nobel prize. Wow, I really can't wait. The answer to if we are alone in the Universe or not, who would've thought it'd be you that would be able to wrap this is up so easily. 

Ya I'm the naive one here. At least I'm not so ridicously conceded as to think I can actually provide an answer to this question. To answer any of the things listed in the post you just responded to. That has been my entire point throughout all my comments, and as previously stated I have never attempted to say that this video was in any way real or provided anything of substance to our search for life outside our own, I never tried to defend it or substantiate it so let's not continue to try and redirect it back to that. I only pointed out, continually, that pretending your omniscient is ridiculous and condescending. We will never answer these questions with this mindset and we will by definition stagnate. So maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't jump to conclusions on either side. I get it though it is much easier to just try and shame me into submitting to your ideals. It is that ideology that had Galileo jailed for heresy for promoting the work of Nicolaus Copernicus involving heliocentric theory. He did so because his personal observations validated it.

I don't have the answers, and let's be real here, niether do you.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TaintlessMetals said:

There is substantial evidence for both sides of this arguement.

Ummm, NO.  Why not post the very best evidence you have, and then let's compare it say, to the evidence for the existence of Venus, or wild geese (in-joke), or the flaws in human perception, or the fact that people troll and create hoaxes...

As for the rest of that drivel and your misunderstanding of the burden of proof concept...  stop wasting our time.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, TaintlessMetals said:

This attitude, this inability to accept anything proving humanity to indeed be an inferior and insignificant species when compared to the vastness of the universe will ultimately be our undoing. This will also ultimately be the reason that humanity will continue to stagnate, if we

refuse to believe the unbelievable as we have in the past we will never achieve what we are destined for.

Footage with no context that had also been reported to be filmed in Colorado and Mexico.

Why is it conceited to have conceded that this footage most probably not genuine?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked