Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump son met Russian who promised damaging

ExpandMyMind

US President Donald Trump's son has admitted meeting a Russian lawyer last year who, he says, promised to reveal damaging material on Hillary Clinton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40552130

Wow. The plot thickens.

Cue, apologists.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 7

Ok, you've convinced us. Tr*mp is a puppet of Russia's Vile Tyrant and was put into office to enable R's VT to achieve his ambition of toppling America. So what would you wish now then? Tr*mp is indicted and impeached and whatever else, and then what would you prefer to see? I mean, we know that you and farmer hate Trump, I think we all get that, and we know you want him to be ousted from office, but what would you prefer to see then? the election re-run? One of the other Republican candidates to stand against the awful Clinton in a re-run of the election? The awful Clinton to automatically be reinstated to the position that should have been hers were it not for the monster in the Kremlin? Or just Mike Pence, with his famously liberal views, to suddenly be thrust into the Big Leather Swivel Chair? 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Trump's son admits this happened. He also says it was basically a ploy to promote Russian adoption and that no assistance or information was ever given to their team.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/09/trump-son-push-back-on-ny-times-story-suggesting-russian-collusion.html

From my original post:

US President Donald Trump's son has admitted meeting a Russian lawyer last year who, he says, promised to reveal damaging material on Hillary Clinton.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Ahh big old pile of nothing fries to go with that nothing burger. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Trump's son admits this happened. He also says it was basically a ploy to promote Russian adoption and that no assistance or information was ever given to their team.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/09/trump-son-push-back-on-ny-times-story-suggesting-russian-collusion.html

Well, except the hacks of Clinton's email which may well have swung the election. That certainly counts as assistance.

What I think is worrying here is that nothing whatsoever can be trusted when it comes from Trump's team. 

It's only a few months into this investigation. These investigations last on average around three years. Three months and look at the connections, the lies, the attempted cover ups and the abuses of power. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Ahh big old pile of nothing fries to go with that nothing burger. 

Yeah, this was the response expected.

• Like 1

Yeah.. the hacks of Clinton's email. Was that the email server in the Democratic National Party, or one of her unauthorised Google/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts ? :P

Something that few people seem to have picked up on is this; The Republican Party servers where attacked at the same time as the Democrat ones, and using the same type of hack. The Democrats' servers succumbed to the attack and gave up their secrets. The Republicans' did NOT, and remained secure.

So, who are you going to trust to run the country ? :D

• Like 3

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, this was the response expected.

What other response would be warranted? A Russian claimed he had info on the DEMOCRAT party colluding with the Russians. Turns out he didn't. So what? You think Hillary or anyone for that matter who was running for office wouldn't have come to that meeting? 

• Like 4

My thing has always been thst I don't care who hacked the emails. I wish someone would leak all the politican emails 

• Like 9

This is such an easy one to check out. Does that Russian lawyer do work concerning Russian adoptions? If so, then there's the answer. The NY Times had better be careful with this one as it could involve some serious blow back IMO.

To clarify a bit, if the meeting was set up by Fusion GPS and it was a ploy then the cat is out of the bag so to speak: http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-sordid-history-of-the-firm-behind-the-trump-russia-dossier/article/2006254

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

My thing has always been thst I don't care who hacked the emails. I wish someone would leak all the politican emails 

I'm with you on this.  

Had CNN, BBC or Fox News obtained information in a scrupulous way, would it be a big deal?  

• Like 5

Internet comment of the day:

Nearly 20 meetings with Russians and Trumps cabinet. Every ****ing one of them just forgot to mention the meetings when they filled out their paper work for clearance. Why do people think they had something to hide. they are just forgetful. No law against that.

Move along, nothing to see here. 

In Trump's defense, for this to have been collusion the Russian lawyer would have had to held up her end of the bargain.  If she had actually provided info against Clinton to swing the election in exchange for aiding in easing the sanctions hindering the adoption of Russian children then it would have been true collusion.  This was merely a pretense of collusion.  Also it turns out she wasn't really an agent of a hostile state (but I guess Trump didn't truly know till after the fact).

Elections are messy affairs and politicians have no real morals these days, so doing stuff like this is legal and common place.  I look at this more as a testament on how American values have fallen more than anything else.  In a virtuous world, what he he did was wrong.  But in the real world it is business as usual. 

• Like 2

Who gives a s**t? It's not like Hillary was squeaky clean, regardless.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Like i've always said, they did everyone a big service by revealing what the "Democratic" Party was really like. They oughtta have been given a reward. by a grateful people.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Well, except the hacks of Clinton's email which may well have swung the election. That certainly counts as assistance.

What I think is worrying here is that nothing whatsoever can be trusted when it comes from Trump's team. 

It's only a few months into this investigation. These investigations last on average around three years. Three months and look at the connections, the lies, the attempted cover ups and the abuses of power. 

I'm noting this post and date.  I predict that when this farce is completed, Trump will still be in office and the only prosecution he or his team will be subjected to will be business related.  Let me put a hundred investigators on to your life and the same thing would happen to YOU.  This whole investigation is political and it's shameful and even dangerous.  There are people in this country who seem willing to ignite a war with Russia to remove him from office.  It is insanity.  And if you're going to ride the anti-Trump troop train, at least get the basic lies straight.  The emails that were published after he fell for a phishing attack, were JOHN PODESTA'S, not HRC's.  SHE well and truly knew how to clean a server.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

What other response would be warranted? A Russian claimed he had info on the DEMOCRAT party colluding with the Russians. Turns out he didn't. So what? You think Hillary or anyone for that matter who was running for office wouldn't have come to that meeting? 

Just for clarity, here HE is - :w00t:

Natalia Veselnitskaya Trump.jpg

• Like 7

Wonder if this meeting was listed on their security clearance forms?  Something tells me it's not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm noting this post and date.  I predict that when this farce is completed, Trump will still be in office and the only prosecution he or his team will be subjected to will be business related.  Let me put a hundred investigators on to your life and the same thing would happen to YOU.  This whole investigation is political and it's shameful and even dangerous.  There are people in this country who seem willing to ignite a war with Russia to remove him from office.  It is insanity.  And if you're going to ride the anti-Trump troop train, at least get the basic lies straight.  The emails that were published after he fell for a phishing attack, were JOHN PODESTA'S, not HRC's.  SHE well and truly knew how to clean a server.

There are already 100 investigators in my life.

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40552130

Wow. The plot thickens.

Cue, apologists.

Was this a private Russian citizen or a member of the Russian government?  That is really the key to this story having substance IMO.  If it was a private citizen then it's a non-story because there can be no governmental collusion. 

Does anyone really think it was necessary to go to Russia to get dirt on Hillary?  She's been in the public eye most of her adult life and was never too clean.  Even if the Russians had something it would be just a snippet compared to the amount already known about her.  For a campaign that boasted about its frugal ways, this seems like a very expensive way to get insignificant information.

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.. the hacks of Clinton's email. Was that the email server in the Democratic National Party, or one of her unauthorised Google/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts ? :P

Something that few people seem to have picked up on is this; The Republican Party servers where attacked at the same time as the Democrat ones, and using the same type of hack. The Democrats' servers succumbed to the attack and gave up their secrets. The Republicans' did NOT, and remained secure.

So, who are you going to trust to run the country ? :D

Neither, they both are terrible at keeping data safe.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/19/technology/voter-data-leaked-online-gop/index.html

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked