Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Generous people live happier lives

Claire.

1 hour ago, eugeneonegin said:

Sadedin does not understand the book she is reviewing- perhaps she is being wilfully stupid, as she has her own perspective.

The title "The Selfish Gene" has nothing got do with genes being selfish- it is just a catchy title.

Ah yes indeed, poor choice of criticism of Dawkin's theory The Selfish Gene which was a pioneering book but goes beyond its biological arguments straying into more uncertain waters e.g. analogies. 

Let's agree to differ then.  You can support his theory and retain your cynicism of human nature whilst I will continue to rejoice in how inspiring our humanity can be!  color.gif

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sees said:

Ah yes indeed, poor choice of criticism of Dawkin's theory The Selfish Gene which was a pioneering book but goes beyond its biological arguments straying into more uncertain waters e.g. analogies. 

Let's agree to differ then.  You can support his theory and retain your cynicism of human nature whilst I will continue to rejoice in how inspiring our humanity can be!  color.gif

No, I agree with you, and I believe most people are altruistic. I am not cynical, I think kindness is a good thing and very worth while.

I merely made the remark that altruism may be a desirable trait from the point of view of evolution

• Like 1

Not surprising since God loves a cheerful giver2 Corinthians 9:7