Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Normie

stereologist

It should be pointed out that there are few natural lakes in North Carolina. North Carolina has 22. Only Lake Maccamaw seems to have much life in it. The other natural lakes do not.

Lake Norman is man made. It started in 1959. Unlike Loch Ness which was mentioned this is a recent lake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Norman

• Like 2

Whiskers huh,  maybe a very long specimen of the channel catfish

• Like 1

My first thought was giant catfish too.  They don't get 10 feet (that I'm aware of) but they can get pretty big and if you're an ignoramus you may think it's out worldly appearing.

• Like 3

There is documentation of Blue Cats over 300 lbs. being caught in the USA ( Missouri River) back in the 1800's.

A more recent Blue Cat weighed in at 130 lbs. and was 3 inches shy of 5 feet long.

Blue Cats in the 130 lb. range are less than 20 years old

Harte

I think the blue are usually a little further west though aren't they?

They are stocked.

North Carolina state record Blue Cat is currently 117 lbs. and 55 inches long (Lake Gaston.)

Harte

A guy in Vermont did a sonar scan of the lake for Champ and located interesting ship wrecks but no creatures. I wonder if a scan of Lake Norman could be done and some rather large fish located.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sea monster in North Carolina huh? That's on the East coast right? So is the Chessie, a Lochness Monster type creature but from the Chesapeake Bay, which is also along the East Coast, maybe a few Chessies migrated south and was spotted in Carolina (or visa versa), also I saw Chessie once, and that was before I even heard about it. Anyway this is just an idea, have a nice day!