Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Ladies and Gentlemen" changed on trains

seeder

I dunno...

The "ladies and gentlemen" greeting on Tube announcements is to be scrapped, Transport for London (TfL) has announced.

London Underground staff have been told to say "hello everyone" in an effort to become more gender-neutral.

TfL said the move was to ensure all passengers felt "welcome".

LGBT campaign group Stonewall welcomed the decision, which was supported by London mayor Sadiq Khan at a session of Mayor's Question Time last month.

The revised phrasing will be applied to all new pre-recorded announcements made across the capital's transport network.

Mark Evers, director of customer strategy at TfL, said: "We want everyone to feel welcome on our transport network.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40591750

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

there are only 2  genders, male and female, whether you are gay or trans, you still consider yourself either man or a woman, whether biological, or transformed, gay men are still men, if a T considers himself a trans woman he is then a woman, no matter who you think you are, you are either man or a woman, regardless of real or not, so "ladies and gents" greeting was appropriate.

The Political Correctness Police have recently introduced gender-neutral and gender-fluid options, for our increasingly confused youngsters.

• Like 7

Just now, acute said:

The Political Correctness Police have recently introduced gender-neutral and gender-fluid options, for our increasingly confused youngsters.

agreed...its so silly... (is the polite thing I can say)

• Like 4

So this applies to one person on the train while the rest of the passengers roll their eyes

• Like 5

I'm sure that even the most genderless person can temporarily jump off the fence in an emergency, and use one room or the other.

• Like 2

this is retarded, there is no such thing as gender less person, we all have either y or x chromosome,  which defines gender, unles someone can show me a person with neither, gender less concept is liberal idiocy

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

Now if they'd only get rid of "May we have your attention please; closed circuit television and Remote Video Monitoring is in use at this station/Smoking is Not Permitted Anywhere On or About the Station/Please keep your luggage with you at all times, any unattended luggage will be Destroyed or Damaged by the Secret Services", that would be a service to the community. 

• Like 3

Anyway, as I said elsewhere, look how many there are now.

image1-2.jpeg

• Like 3

What a ****ed up, crazy-ass world we're creating for our children.

On the upside, at least Action Man toys will make more sense :unsure2:

s-l300.jpg

• Like 7

Anyway, they're right of course, it's so much more welcoming to say "Hey there folks! May we have your attention please. Due to apathy and indifference, all services are subject to delay or Cancellation", does't it. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Anyway, they're right of course, it's so much more welcoming to say "Hey there folks! May we have your attention please. Due to apathy and indifference, all services are subject to delay or Cancellation", does't it. 

lol this message would be right at home in new york subway. but  something would have to be added,  "brought to you by incompetent lazy unionized employees". 

Edited by aztek

3 hours ago, aztek said:

there are only 2  genders, male and female, whether you are gay or trans, you still consider yourself either man or a woman, whether biological, or transformed, gay men are still men, if a T considers himself a trans woman he is then a woman, no matter who you think you are, you are either man or a woman, regardless of real or not, so "ladies and gents" greeting was appropriate.

Except for the gender neutral people, such as the co-owner of the comic book store near my house, who has become androgynous. :wacko:

If I am in doubt I don't use gender specific pronouns. We have a friend that is a drag queen officially in those kinds of shows around town. He is adorable. When he is dressed as a she I call him her. When he is dressed as a him I call him him. :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aztek said:

Nope, also gender neutral to consider. Your point about chromosomes relates to biological sex which is not the same as gender. 

A quick question to everyone so against this change:

What harm do you think will come about from greeting people on the train with 'hello everyone'? 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Nope, also gender neutral to consider. Your point about chromosomes relates to biological sex which is not the same as gender. 

What harm do you think will come about from greeting people on the train with 'hello everyone'? 

erm...everyones toilets?

law suits will be flying about...." Hey Officer...theres a MAN in the ladies toilet...where I had my little kids"

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

erm...everyones toilets?

law suits will be flying about...." Hey Officer...theres a MAN in the ladies toilet...where I had my little kids"

So saying 'hello everyone' will lead to men in ladies toilets? That's an... interesting leap of logic. 

• Like 4

Is humanity getting stupider? I mean really knuckle dragging stupid. I can't help but worry that the world will enter a new dark age due to all this stupidity, is it in the water or have people become to spineless to stand up for truth. Only 2 genders folks. No matter what B.S. you want to believe. 

dBn97gn.gif

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Is humanity getting stupider? I mean really knuckle dragging stupid. I can't help but worry that the world will enter a new dark age due to all this stupidity, is it in the water or have people become to spineless to stand up for truth. Only 2 genders folks. No matter what B.S. you want to believe. 

dBn97gn.gif

Then I'm sure an intellect such as yourself will have no problem producing scientifically rigorous academic studies to support your point. 

I ask again, what harm do you imagine coming out of saying 'hello everyone'? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

I don't support the problems of mentally ill people who can't decide if they have a penis or a vagina. 2 genders damn it. Even real trans people know there are only 2. Except these SJW and transtrender retards. Last I heard there was "Supposedly 72 genders". Remove the 70 and you got the correct answer, 2! 

So? Do you support this idiocy?

You have one of two types of hardware. Your sexuality is NOT a gender.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't support the problems of mentally ill people who can't decide if they have a penis or a vagina. 2 genders damn it. Even real trans people know there are only 2. Except these SJW and transtrender retards. Last I heard there was "Supposedly 72 genders". Remove the 70 and you got the correct answer, 2! 

So? Do you support this idiocy?

Still waiting for those studies.... I assume you also have sources to support your diagnosis as a mental illness?

Again for your benefit: biological sex =/= gender. Hence why we have different words e.g. transgender, transsexual and transvestite. They all have different meanings.

I support anything that makes anyone feel more welcome and has no negative consequences for anyone else. 

Again:

17 minutes ago, Setton said:

I ask again, what harm do you imagine coming out of saying 'hello everyone'? 

Your sexuality is NOT a gender.

Congrats. You made a correct statement. :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

No harm in the change. My problem is the reasoning behind it.

I have no issues at all with people being who they are, and expecting to live free from persecution and prejudice.

Things are going way too far these days though. The tiny minority aren't happy with tolerance and "live and let live." They want to beat society into submission, until every single oddball gender concept is on the school curriculum and enshrined in law.

It's counterproductive, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if many LGBT people aren't happy at the social justice warriors who hijack their cause.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Again for your benefit: biological sex =/= gender.

Wew. A person born with a P is a male. A person born with a V is a female. The only exception would be a hermaphrodite.

Edited by Balefries

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Or an enthusiastic, "GOOOOooooood Morning, LONDON!!!"

This is not worth one's wad being in a bunch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

one's wad being in a bunch.

Ironically, I think this is one of the new gender identities... :unsure2:

• Like 3