Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Frank_Hoenedge

Alternative History - Orion's Belt fallacy

107 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think Harte is right. O'Ryan's Suspenders are a much better bet.

That would depend on the type of life and evolutionary path it followed. It could be the "inhabitants of Orion' s belt (a rather large area of space compared to how it is seen from our vantage point) are immigrants to that area having voyaged from an even further point in space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Kenemet, I neglected to mention it earlier, but about your pair of posts earlier...spot on!

How many ways can we disprove fringe concepts, and how easily?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question to other posters, if interested. Here again we have a fuss over Orion's Belt. What's with that? If you recall the earlier thread that was recently closed, that OP was also obsessing over Orion's Belt. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think Harte is right. O'Ryan's Suspenders are a much better bet.

 

Well , it's 3 stars in a line  !   (nearly )   that stands out a bit  .  And so is Sirius ... big and bright , like that .  And Orion's belt is pointing at Sirius  ( nearly ) . 

 

I have two theories behind it ; 1. It actually used to be called  Onion Belt ;

 

 

2 .  What I find most interesting about Orion's  Belt , is how it holds the sword on ... that right part right next the sword hilt.  It just looks like a blurt of faint light ..... but  ....  

If you 'open the jewel box'    ( with a telescope   )  ...   w  o   w  !  

 

Spoiler

Image result for Orion nebula in natural light

https://www.eso.org/public/australia/news/eso0104/

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Here is a different,  also  (in) famous,  star ; 

The 'Head of Medusa'   ... the decapitated head that is ....  in Perseus 

Perp.JPG

 

' Algol beta '   ....' death star ' ....   'The demon ... demons head ...  Ra's al Ghul  ....   Caput Larvae ...  Rosh ha Satan ....   Lilith ... Tseih  She (piled up  corpses ) ... 

 

 It causes;  misfortune, violence, decapitation, hanging, electrocution and mob violence, and gives a dogged and violent nature that causes death to the native or others. It is the most evil star in the heavens. 

Poor teeth. Brutality and violence. Arabic commanders in chief, in times of conquest, made it a point that no important battles were begun when the light of Algol was weak

 Murder, sudden death, beheading, prone to murder and mischief. If at the same time in conjunction with Sun, Moon or Jupiter, gives victory over others in war.

With the Hyleg and angular, decapitation or a murderer who meets with a violent death.

With Fortuna or its dispositor, poverty.

With Sun: Violent death or extreme sickness. If also in no aspect to a benefic, ....  the native will be beheaded; if the luminary culminate he will be maimed, mangled, wounded or torn to pieces alive; and if Mars is at the same time in Gemini or Pisces his hands or feet will be cut off.

With Moon: Violent death or extreme sickness.  .... etc s:

*[Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923].

 

Why ? 

Well .....  it s a blinking  demon    (   it is a   bright star positioned on the severed head that Perseus is carrying. It is an eclipsing binary; every 68 hours and 49 minutes this Demon Star ‘blinks’ for roughly 8 hours as the dimmer star of the pair passes between the brighter and the earth. )

"the Gorgon's head, a ghastly sight,

Deformed and dreadful, and a sign of woe." — Bryant's translation of the Iliad.

 

Warning .... look at this at your own peril !  ..

 

Spoiler

Image result for Algol  blinking gif

 

Edited by back to earth
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Is that near the hominy cluster and  collard green & black-eyed pea nebula?

They have their own nebula.... Jealous

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Kenemet, I neglected to mention it earlier, but about your pair of posts earlier...spot on!

How many ways can we disprove fringe concepts, and how easily?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question to other posters, if interested. Here again we have a fuss over Orion's Belt. What's with that? If you recall the earlier thread that was recently closed, that OP was also obsessing over Orion's Belt. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think Harte is right. O'Ryan's Suspenders are a much better bet.

I've always wondered why certain things get lept on by the fringe and then never relinquished. 

 I think part of the appeal of Orion is it being just three dots. Anything can be aligned with three dots and be made to be significant. I know older alien visitation/channeling literature likes to make use of the Oion and the Pleaideans.  

No idea if I spelled that right, but it's made up so it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

I've always wondered why certain things get lept on by the fringe and then never relinquished. 

 I think part of the appeal of Orion is it being just three dots. Anything can be aligned with three dots and be made to be significant. I know older alien visitation/channeling literature likes to make use of the Oion and the Pleaideans.  

No idea if I spelled that right, but it's made up so it doesn't matter.

Spelled incorrectly AND incorrectly cited.

The originator of those "Pleiadeans" - one Billy Meier - revised the name to "Plejarens," owing to their not having come from the Pleiades at all, but from a parallel universe version, wherein the denizens of the cluster have that name.

Harte

Edited by Harte
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harte said:

Spelled incorrectly AND incorrectly cited.

The originator of those "Pleiadeans" - one Billy Meier - revised the name to "Plejarens," owing to their not having come from the Pleiades at all, but from a parallel universe version, wherein the denizens of the cluster have that name.

Harte

Did Meier invent them? Thought the idea predated him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowSot said:

Did Meier invent them? Thought the idea predated him. 

Rupert knew of that group. They were known as the Phrew-del-jeans a worthless sort that looked like they use to iron their faces. They did make good desserts however but had a bad habit of pulling wild pranks. Like trying to surf the deluge's leading waves atop mastodons.That and they invented Chinese opera which made them enemies of most right thinking people.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowSot said:

Did Meier invent them? Thought the idea predated him. 

In the late 1970's. If there's a reference before that, I don't know about it.

Harte

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Kenemet, I neglected to mention it earlier, but about your pair of posts earlier...spot on!

How many ways can we disprove fringe concepts, and how easily?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question to other posters, if interested. Here again we have a fuss over Orion's Belt. What's with that? If you recall the earlier thread that was recently closed, that OP was also obsessing over Orion's Belt. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think Harte is right. O'Ryan's Suspenders are a much better bet.

I believe I pointed out in that previous thread (though I could be wrong) that the stars of the constellation are at most 20 million years old making them far too young to support life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quaentum said:

I believe I pointed out in that previous thread (though I could be wrong) that the stars of the constellation are at most 20 million years old making them far too young to support life.

Maybe one of them captured a rogue planet.

See? There's just no escape.

Harte

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Kenemet, I neglected to mention it earlier, but about your pair of posts earlier...spot on!

How many ways can we disprove fringe concepts, and how easily?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question to other posters, if interested. Here again we have a fuss over Orion's Belt. What's with that? If you recall the earlier thread that was recently closed, that OP was also obsessing over Orion's Belt. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think Harte is right. O'Ryan's Suspenders are a much better bet.

Orion's belt has been 'fringified' it has gained a false identity that few new fringer believers even check on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harte said:

Maybe one of them captured a rogue planet.

See? There's just no escape.

Harte

You think there's no escape but if Houdini taught us anything he taught us there is always an escape.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Quaentum said:

You think there's no escape but if Houdini taught us anything he taught us there is always an escape.

...or a trick to make one think it was an escape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 16.7.2017 at 2:55 AM, kmt_sesh said:

A question to other posters, if interested. Here again we have a fuss over Orion's Belt. What's with that? If you recall the earlier thread that was recently closed, that OP was also obsessing over Orion's Belt. Aren't these stars really too young to support life, especially advanced sentient life? And aren't they actually many light years apart? Okay, so that's two questions: Why Orion's Belt, and the reality behind this cluster of stars we call Orion's Belt?

I think the most "Orionists" are not aware about the fact that these 3 stars just look as to be in a row, viewed from Earth, but they are not in a row from a geometrical/spatial point of view. Distance in LYs to Earth of the 3 belt stars is (east to west): 817/1976/916. Means, these 3 stars form a triangle and not a row.

PS: Elvis has left the building.

Edited by toast
PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, toast said:

I think the most "Orionists" are not aware about the fact that these 3 stars just look as to be in a row, viewed from Earth, but they are not in a row from a geometrical/spatial point of view. Distance in LYs to Earth of the 3 belt stars is (east to west): 817/1976/916. Means, these 3 stars form a triangle and not a row.

PS: Elvis has left the building.

A triangle shape is commonly referred to by people who see UFOs. Do you think the extra terrestials chose to use that shape of starship almost as a homage to Orion(von koch:ph34r:)'s belt?

I also heard that somewhere in Orion's belt is where Elvis went when he left the building.:D

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, toast said:

I think the most "Orionists" are not aware about the fact that these 3 stars just look as to be in a row, viewed from Earth, but they are not in a row from a geometrical/spatial point of view. Distance in LYs to Earth of the 3 belt stars is (east to west): 817/1976/916. Means, these 3 stars form a triangle and not a row.

PS: Elvis has left the building.

Yes but researching that would be complicated so fringe believers simply take what other fringe believers say and ...believe it! It helps if your brain has been tied into a knot......

 

brain-cramp.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I also heard that somewhere in Orion's belt is where Elvis went when he left the building.:D

He told me that the restaurant is fully booked for the next 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, toast said:

He told me that the restaurant is fully booked for the next 3 weeks.

Does Orion's Belt have good restaurants? I'm always on the lookout for new eats, although transportation to there might be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

...extra terrestials chose to use that shape of starship almost as a homage to Orion(von koch:ph34r:)'s belt?

...

I saw what you did there. It may have taken me some time, but I saw. You know not to mention that name.

A pox on you! A pox!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I saw what you did there. It may have taken me some time, but I saw. You know not to mention that name.

A pox on you! A pox!

 Well Cladking is busy elsewhere correcting mainstream Egyptologists mistranslations of the pyramid texts. *insert giggle*

And that means amusing speculations informative material gets a bit thin around here without one of the four horsemen of the Phringepocalypse galloping through mounted on a Mafdet Sphynx brandishing a wadjet sceptre laying waste to the orthodox Cabal from the Geysers of Giza into the far Northern realm of GreenLantis.

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL "Phringepocalypse," Keep that one in store. I like it. If clad and OvK are two of the horsemen, who are the other two? There are many choices. So many.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Anyhoos , it aint a belt ... its  a canoe !  

 

r406580_1916691.jpg

 

"One of his favourites is the Yolngu story of the three brothers in a canoe in the Djulpan constellation (known in Greek mythology as Orion the Hunter). The three stars in Orion's belt are the brothers sitting side by side, with the stars Betelgeuse and Rigel marking the front and back of the canoe. The stars in Orion's nebula represent a fish, and the stars of Orion's sword mark out a fishing line trailing behind the canoe.

 There are many stories about the Orion constellation right across Australia, and they are nearly always about a group of men hunting or fishing, says Norris. Often they are following a group of young women, represented by the stars in the Pleiades cluster in the constellation Taurus.

 Surprisingly, these stories are very similar to Greek mythology, in which Orion pursues the Pleiades sisters across the sky.

Orion's nemesis, Scorpius, is also depicted as a scorpion in some Aboriginal stories.

For example, one Yolgnu story tells of Bundungu the scorpion, who is gathered with his people along the banks of the Milnguya (Milky Way) with their relatives the Baripari (quoll) and Wahk (crow).

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/07/27/2632463.htm

Edited by back to earth
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Quaentum said:

You think there's no escape but if Houdini taught us anything he taught us there is always an escape.

Dead, ain't he?

Harte

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL "Phringepocalypse," Keep that one in store. I like it. If clad and OvK are two of the horsemen, who are the other two? 

Zoser and Zoser.

Using pure logisticals, the memory is vitrified into my brain.

Harte

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.