Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Dad's haunted dolls give family the chills

27 posts in this topic

A dad-of-two has driven his teenage children out of the house – after he began collecting haunted china DOLLS.

Barry Collingswood, 63, who is a full time carer for wife Sarah, 56, has horrified his family with dolls he started collecting eight months ago.

Spooked out son Josh, 18, now likens the house of dolls to 2014 horror smash Annabelle and cannot wait to move out and live without fear of being watched.

https://www.storytrender.com/19066/doll-house-horrors-dads-haunted-charity-shop-dolls-give-family-chills/

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah not creepy at all :blink:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What raises my eyebrow even more, other than an old chap who collects dolls for a hobby..which is still kinda unusual IMHO. Is the fact that he thinks his first doll tried to kill him, and another doll’s eyes moved during a conversation. To be honest, I don't blame the kids for wanting to move out :w00t:...

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What unnerved me was the one doll who doesn't like his wife (or women, for that matter). Being a full-time caregiver is extremely stressful, and a part of me wonders if he's projecting in some way. I'm by no means a psych expert, but if I were, I would  also probably have a lot to say about why those dolls are in their bedroom.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Claire. said:

What unnerved me was the one doll who doesn't like his wife (or women, for that matter). Being a full-time caregiver is extremely stressful, and a part of me wonders if he's projecting in some way. I'm by no means a psych expert, but if I were, I would  also probably have a lot to say about why those dolls are in their bedroom.

Yeah, after reading the article again, you could be right about him. It's all very odd to say the least.

Although, from what I also understood, is he, his wife Sarah and their son were all talking to Clara (the doll).....when she (the doll) objected to his wife Sarah from being there, because the doll moved her eyes away from the conversation that his wife was participating in ? :blink:..

To be honest, I think the whole family are a bit weird. Idk, maybe they need to get out more. Or better still...have someone drop by from a mental health clinic. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the creepy dude is a full time carer for his wife who has MS, which im assuming means she cant leave the house on her own, which means she is trapped there with all those creepy ass dolls she told him to get rid of. Poor woman. 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

So the creepy dude is a full time carer for his wife who has MS, which im assuming means she cant leave the house on her own, which means she is trapped there with all those creepy ass dolls she told him to get rid of. Poor woman. 

Hmm!.. he sounds to me like a selfish and controlling old geezer who has his poor wife and family spooked and believing in this paranormal hogwash. At least the kids can move out, but it's probably more difficult for his wife who depends on him.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this old guy than meets the eye. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this poor boy , his body language in both photos , he can't believe his Dad is a doll collector
but good ol' Dad , in the second photo , he is showing how much joy the dolls give him.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this isn't mean , but he is like Evil Santa

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozfactor said:

 good ol' Dad , in the second photo, he is showing how much joy the dolls give him. 

I now have to bite my tongue :D...

 

1 hour ago, Ozfactor said:

I hope this isn't mean , but he is like Evil Santa

images.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Hmm!.. he sounds to me like a selfish and controlling old geezer who has his poor wife and family spooked and believing in this paranormal hogwash. At least the kids can move out, but it's probably more difficult for his wife who depends on him.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this old guy than meets the eye. 

I agree.

What self-respecting father would keep something in his family's home, knowing that it made his wife and children uncomfortable? Worse yet, rather than keep the dolls out of sight, he ensures they are right in his wife's face at all times. It's extremely abusive when you think about it.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I agree.

What self-respecting father would keep something in his family's home, knowing that it made his wife and children uncomfortable? Worse yet, rather than keep the dolls out of sight, he ensures they are right in his wife's face at all times. It's extremely abusive when you think about it.

Yep, I think you are spot on Claire. After taking my time and reading the article for the second time. It wasn't too difficult to read between the lines. It had been mentioned that his wife tried to cover the dolls in the bedroom with a blanket, but has since adjusted to them. It was pretty obvious that she probably didn't have a choice. By not respecting her wishes in the first place, with removing the dolls...it's as if he wanted to rub her nose in his weird collection..whilst also frightening her with stories of them being haunted. Abuse comes in all shapes and forms....and this story points to psychological / emotional abuse being used towards his family. I feel more sorry for his wife, than the kids. Goodness only knows what else this woman has had to endure because of this self absorbed bully.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What app is he using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Claire. said:

I agree.

What self-respecting father would keep something in his family's home, knowing that it made his wife and children uncomfortable? Worse yet, rather than keep the dolls out of sight, he ensures they are right in his wife's face at all times. It's extremely abusive when you think about it.

Yeah, it seems like he resents having to care for her and this is his way of getting even. Let's hope the "dolls" don't try to harm her. 

Gives new meaning to Munchausen by Proxy.

Edited by ChaosRose
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twobytwice said:

What app is he using?

Spirit Story Box 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon reading the story again, I agree that the Dad has an unnatural attachment to the dolls and keeps adding them despite his wife's objections.   He seems to relish telling her how they don't like her being around.   :huh:

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like an inventive way to get those pesky teens to leave home if you ask me :yes:

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way I'd have so many haunted dolls in my home. One would be bad enough.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freaky porcelain headed dolls them pierrot dolls and bloody clowns I wouldn't entertain even one crossing my threshold the're pure evil

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Growing up i had a bozo the clown puppet. It was awesome to do childish act shows for family and friends...and then i saw poltergeist. That clown took on a new image after that and completely ruined my sleeping schedule.  But I'm all better now..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

But I'm all better now..

For some reason that conjured up images of you doing some kind of spell as you ritualistically burned the puppet in question :lol:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 11:02 PM, Astra. said:

What raises my eyebrow even more, other than an old chap who collects dolls for a hobby..which is still kinda unusual IMHO. Is the fact that he thinks his first doll tried to kill him, and another doll’s eyes moved during a conversation. To be honest, I don't blame the kids for wanting to move out :w00t:...

Not any more unusual than grown men who collect pastel-colored toy ponies. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

Not any more unusual than grown men who collect pastel-colored toy ponies. 

Aww....do you do that as a hobby Austin ? 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astra. said:

Aww....do you do that as a hobby Austin ? 

No,  ain't no bronie! 

 

I collect toy robots. :D 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

No,  ain't no bronie! 

 

I collect toy robots. :D 

Lol...oh ok...robots are kinda cool. I've sort of conjured this image up in my head....

images.jpg

:P

Speaking of collections, I like to collect shells off the beach...and also these little guys.

il_570x_N.778578596_qjxu.jpg

Seriously, I can't resist them :lol:...

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.