Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2017 Yahoo Fantasy football

Myles

Let me know if you want to join.  It shows the 6 from last season are "joined via renew".   I think that means you are in it if you want.   I just need to know if all 6 will still be playing.   If someone isn't, I need to boot them out.

I think the only way of someone else joining is if I send them an invite, so if someone wants to join, just post your email (or message me) and I'll send it to you.   Doesn't have to be a primary email.  

This was fun last year and I'm sure will be better this year.   Feel free to recruit other UM members to join.   I seem to remember that there were a couple interested, but I cannot remember who they were.  

Myles f7f769d2a39813f65b1fb43deb45be39_16.jpgMyles Jun 24  
avatar Brooklyn Maulers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjoseph Jun 24  
avatar Farmer77's Ballers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjohn Jun 24  
avatar Rocky Mountain High default_user_profile_pic_16.pngDon Jun 24  
avatar Sweetpumper default_user_profile_pic_16.pngBarry Jun 24  
avatar Toroballistic default_user_profile_pic_16.pngRichard
  • Like 3

I'm in as usual, looking forward to another season.

• Like 2

Is there a fee with winner takes all or anything like that?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nope.   Just bragging rights.     It is fun though.

• Like 2

Just now, Myles said:

Nope.   Just bragging rights.     It is fun though.

Okay, I'm new to NFL but think giving this a go might help me learn more about the players and game in general. Plus if a Scottish newb can beat any of you Yanks then that'll be a helluva lot of bragging rights for me and ridicule for whoever I beat. Gimme a PM.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

$100.00 entrance fee. PM me and I'll let you know who to make the check out to and where to send it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

$100.00 entrance fee. PM me and I'll let you know who to make the check out to and where to send it. :rolleyes:

Okay but if it's Nigeria I'm out.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So this is who is currently in.   It just auto renewed the league from last year.

What I need to know:

Will all 6 people be playing?    Who won't?

Does anyone else want to play?    Expand, I can send you an invite.   There really is no fee.   Just bragging rights.  

6 Confirmed Teams | 4 Available team slots

Team Manager Joined Notes
avatar Myles f7f769d2a39813f65b1fb43deb45be39_16.jpgMyles Jun 24 Created League
avatar Brooklyn Maulers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjoseph Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Farmer77's Ballers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjohn Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Rocky Mountain High default_user_profile_pic_16.pngDon Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Sweetpumper default_user_profile_pic_16.pngBarry Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Toroballistic default_user_profile_pic_16.pngRichard Jun 24 Joined via renew
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

So this is who is currently in.   It just auto renewed the league from last year.

What I need to know:

Does anyone else want to play?    Expand, I can send you an invite.   There really is no fee.   Just bragging rights.  

avatar Brooklyn Maulers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjoseph Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Farmer77's Ballers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjohn Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Rocky Mountain High default_user_profile_pic_16.pngDon Jun 24 Joined via renew
avatar Toroballistic default_user_profile_pic_16.pngRichard Jun 24 Joined via renew

I'm in (Toroballistic)

• Like 4

So it's getting to the time to draft our teams.     Any suggestions of when to do it?  

Early in preseason leaves the chances for injuries (but we all face the same risks).    

We are still at these 6 teams.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2017 at 11:30 AM, Myles said:

Let me know if you want to join.  It shows the 6 from last season are "joined via renew".   I think that means you are in it if you want.   I just need to know if all 6 will still be playing.   If someone isn't, I need to boot them out.

I think the only way of someone else joining is if I send them an invite, so if someone wants to join, just post your email (or message me) and I'll send it to you.   Doesn't have to be a primary email.  

This was fun last year and I'm sure will be better this year.   Feel free to recruit other UM members to join.   I seem to remember that there were a couple interested, but I cannot remember who they were.  

Myles f7f769d2a39813f65b1fb43deb45be39_16.jpgMyles Jun 24  
avatar Brooklyn Maulers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjoseph Jun 24  
avatar Farmer77's Ballers default_user_profile_pic_16.pngjohn Jun 24  
avatar Rocky Mountain High default_user_profile_pic_16.pngDon Jun 24  
avatar Sweetpumper default_user_profile_pic_16.pngBarry Jun 24  
avatar Toroballistic default_user_profile_pic_16.pngRichard

Im in....but...im having a helluva time remembering what I used to sign up for the league. Ive signed into two diff. yahoo accounts now and neither seem to be the one as i keep getting the error saying Im not allowed to view the league cuz im not in it. ....working on it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

So it's getting to the time to draft our teams.     Any suggestions of when to do it?  

Early in preseason leaves the chances for injuries (but we all face the same risks).    

We are still at these 6 teams.

How about Tuesday September 1st?

• Like 2

On 2017-8-7 at 6:30 PM, Myles said:

What I need to know:

Yeah, I'll play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im in....but...im having a helluva time remembering what I used to sign up for the league. Ive signed into two diff. yahoo accounts now and neither seem to be the one as i keep getting the error saying Im not allowed to view the league cuz im not in it. ....working on it. 

I can't seem to find anywhere that shows what Yahoo account you may have used.  

You are in there, but maybe if I send you another invite, it will get you to the right account.

You can message me an email address I can send it to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, I'll play.

If you go on to Yahoo fantasy football and find where you click - Join League, just put in the following:

(ID# 136921

Password - Myles

It is not as complicated as you may think.    Just look at the list of old geezers who played last year.   ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

If you go on to Yahoo fantasy football and find where you click - Join League, just put in the following:

(ID# 136921

Password - Myles

It is not as complicated as you may think.    Just look at the list of old geezers who played last year.   ;)

Custom league or free league? https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/reg/joinleague/competitive?rf=yh.pro.unkcustom

In fact just give me a link to your league page. Be easier that way.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Custom league or free league? https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/reg/joinleague/competitive?rf=yh.pro.unkcustom

In fact just give me a link to your league page. Be easier that way.

Custom.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/136921/invitation?key=66a6a0ff460bf99b&ikey=14019dabac94cc3c

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Oh yeah. You guys are getting pumped. And 'pumped' means something different in Scottish.

• Like 1

@Myles So how does the draft work with this? On your league page it says it's automated. That mean we don't pick our own players?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh yeah. You guys are getting pumped. And 'pumped' means something different in Scottish.

I'm glad we have an even 8 teams...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

@Myles So how does the draft work with this? On your league page it says it's automated. That mean we don't pick our own players?

Last year, we decided it was too hard to get everyone together at the same time for a live draft.   Takes about 1.25 hours.     So the autopick draft drafts by the Yahoo rankings of players.   It's pretty decent.    There is a option to go in and pre rank the players to how you like them.    For instance, I can put Aaron Rodgers as the first QB I would want.    I think Bama should put his top 30 players as all Alabama alum.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Last year, we decided it was too hard to get everyone together at the same time for a live draft.   Takes about 1.25 hours.     So the autopick draft drafts by the Yahoo rankings of players.   It's pretty decent.    There is a option to go in and pre rank the players to how you like them.    For instance, I can put Aaron Rodgers as the first QB I would want.    I think Bama should put his top 30 players as all Alabama alum.  

Is there the option to swap players with others in the league?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Is there the option to swap players with others in the league?

Yep.   Trades are a fun part of it.      You can offer another player a trade, and if he accepts it, it takes a day or 2 to go through.   The rest of the league can vote on whether it is good.    That is just to avoid someone deciding to quit and trading all their good players for crappy players.   They nearly always go through.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, I'll play.

Welcome aboard ExpandMyMind, glad to have you in the league!

• Like 5