Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your most hated argument?

Reilly.

What Popular Arguments do you see the most and always make you roll your eyes?

For me it is...

A super advanced alien race wouldn't crash if it came all the way to earth.

The whole idea that just because you've mastered space travel you have escaped human error and bad luck bugs the hell out of me. Like, it is like saying your car can't crash because you can drive across state. It just bugs the hell out of me whenever I see it, I always find myself respecting the person a little bit less.

Edited by Reilly.
  • Like 4

Pretty much anything ancient-alien related is right up there for me. 

I hope this thread was meant to go for and against...

• Like 7

Yeah, I don't care what leaning an opinion has just if its a popular one that bugs people and why.

That the sheer amount of UFO claims is evidence, when no claim has ever offered real evidence.

• Like 2

That a given thing must be either real or not real.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Reilly. said:

For me it is...

The whole idea that just because you've mastered space travel you have escaped human error and bad luck bugs the hell out of me. Like, it is like saying your car can't crash because you can drive across state. It just bugs the hell out of me whenever I see it, I always find myself respecting the person a little bit less.

Like the myth that the Titanic was unsinkable? .. and that the Captain was an alien? (Just made up the part about the Captain :P)

15 hours ago, seeder said:

Puma Punku built by ancient aliens...  Ive had some of my longest arguments here about that.... one thread reached 600 pages plus

or any other ancient alien type threads...

hey ancient man was no dummy... they did great works...

I miss those threads. Very entertaining and very educational.  Thanks seeder :tu:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Perdurabo said:

That a given thing must be either real or not real.

True, surreal explains that 'grey' area... :alien:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I think my most hated opposing argument is... "No humans could have done X, Y, Z.". Such as, "The Great Pyramid was a built by aliens, because no humans could have moved so many blocks, or built with such precision.".

Emphasis mine.

One of my bugbears is claims that so-and-so is perfectly parallel or perfectly straight or perfectly aligned or amazingly precise or similar claims when a quick glance at the artefact in question being claimed to be of alien origin shows it to be no such thing.  This tends to result in straight lines being drawn (sometimes apparently randomly and/or with dubious start and end points) on pictures, and the resulting drawn lines being confused for being something real.  For example, satellite photos of Mars with lines drawn all over it (e.g.  Hoagland the the 'City' in Cydonia), claiming to show alien geometry.

Bonus points if numerology gets thrown into the mix.

• Like 3

Mine is that I somehow mistook what I clearly saw for a full half hour right in front of my face. 

• Like 6

1) Anything "Ancient Aliens" related. Especially Anunaki and the "humans could have never built/done/invented ___ without Alien help" argument people have mentioned earlier.

2)The Governmenttm (because you, see this planet has only one government, "The Government" :rolleyes:) is hiding evidence of Aliens because it would cause "mass panic"

3) Anything that contains "Humanity must hark my wisdom/follow my teachings in order to survive the upcoming Global Upheaval that is about to happen in an unspecified period in the near future!"  

• Like 1

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:42 AM, Timonthy said:

That the sheer amount of UFO claims is evidence, when no claim has ever offered real evidence.

What about all those blurry ufo pictures ?

Its amazing in this day and age of millions of cameras being carried around by people 24 hours a day every day and they can't come up with a good picture of a ufo.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the universe we can't be alone... therefore aliens are visiting earth.

• Like 9

On 7/16/2017 at 3:12 AM, preacherman76 said:

Mine is that I somehow mistook what I clearly saw for a full half hour right in front of my face. 

Mine wasn't a half hour, but, yes.

• Like 3

That this guy is some type of expert on anything...

Also tied for most hilarious argument.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Look at the universe we can't be alone... therefore aliens are visiting earth.

I don't know anything about aliens, but people are not crazy (well not all of them) when they say they have seen things like flying saucers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

That this guy is some type of expert on anything...

Well, I mean. He must be an expert on hair...or something. What supplements could he possibly be eating that would sustain hair like that? Besides the lacquer is that obviously required as well..... 

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Also tied for most hilarious argument.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

Just now, badeskov said:

Well, I mean. He must be an expert on hair...or something. What supplements could he possibly be eating that would sustain hair like that? Besides the lacquer is that obviously required as well..... 

Cheers,
Badeskov

People have joked that he might be an alien based on the hair alone. 

Just now, ChaosRose said:

True that.Sometimes I just enjoy watching a little bit of their nonsense given how utterly incredulous and stupid it is - but it tends to get tired very fast. I think the longest I ever endured was three whole episodes of AA. Never again, I promised myself.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I like the idea that his hair is like that because he is being abducted very slowly. :alien:

• Like 4

The argument that bugs me the most is probably when people talks about the actions of some super secret organisation. I mean how can they possibly know anything about it if its super secret ?

Unsurprisingly I never get a satisfactory answer to that qustion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The argument that bugs me the most is probably when people talks about the actions of some super secret organisation. I mean how can they possibly know anything about it if its super secret ?

Unsurprisingly I never get a satisfactory answer to that qustion.

That is indeed a classic...."it was covered up". Oh, ok, you know this how since it was covered up?

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2