Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman wrecks $200,000 art while taking selfie

Still Waters

I think I'm gonna be planning myself a little selfie accident with the Mona Lisa ...

~

Is anyone else thinking this may be a hoax?  Who sets up and exhibit like this with unsecured stands so close together people can barely get between them   I have never seen anything like it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Is anyone else thinking this may be a hoax?  Who sets up and exhibit like this with unsecured stands so close together people can barely get between them   I have never seen anything like it 

Funny you said that. As i was telling my wife about the story earlier that exact thought popped into my head , hoax or insurance fraud 

• Like 1

Bound to happen one way or another the way those are organized in that room. Good that they all didn't go down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2017 at 0:33 AM, Timonthy said:

You realise that FB is only one of many social media platforms? It is globally the most popular, and there would definitely be millions of 'friends' for the purpose of checking out each others selfies.

But more so, ever heard of Instagram? Many millions of people set up accounts for the sole purpose of following others and seeing their selfies etc. In Asia especially this is huge, part of a AU$10 billion industry in China alone and getting bigger much bigger. 

I don't know how old you are, and maybe it doesn't happen a lot in Scotland, but it's definitely a huge thing, there's no debating that.

No. I didn't realize that.  Here in Scotland we still use a man on a horse, riding through the night to deliver information. Why he only just arrived with the parchment informing me of your slightly patronizing reply. Do you think we still live in mud huts? Wait that would explain how I somehow thought there was only one social media platform

Debate it or not. It is a big thing, yes, a big annoying, horrible trend that has cost many a self absorbed person their lives. Why the feck are they at an art exhibition and yet more interested in themselves.  Shouldn't they be looking at hmmmmm the art?  Why would they of course when they could be doing that horrible fake pout that they do in all their selfies.  Quick quick, someone like my picture of me pouting at an art install.