Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman

Still Waters

16 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I have to disagree on Bond. Being a "womanizer" has been a clearly defined aspect of the character since the first book/movie. Any gender change would absolutely be a PC move.

I agree with the rest though. In fact I watched Wanted again just a couple of days ago :D

Another good watch is Haywire. Pretty underrated on IMDb, but I enjoyed it. Plus Gina Carano would eat Bond for breakfast :yes:

He's a sexist pig in the books. Other characters call him out on how poorly he treats women.

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He's a sexist pig in the books. Other characters call him out on how poorly he treats women.

Yep.

Isn't that kind of the point though? That is Bond.

We seem to have this mentality these days that anyone on the screen considered a "good guy" has to be some kind of role model.

What's wrong with flawed characters and grey areas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Yep.

Isn't that kind of the point though? That is Bond.

We seem to have this mentality these days that anyone on the screen considered a "good guy" has to be some kind of role model.

What's wrong with flawed characters and grey areas?

Spot on......good guys need flaws and the bad guys shouldn't necessarily be all bad.

Part of the problem with Star Trek and Star Wars is that the good guys and the bad guys are usually one dimensional. The good guys are too good and the bad guys too bad.

• Like 1