Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blood stains found on Turin Shroud

seeder

Ok I know the Shroud  was dated on the outside of a sewing, but the inside was dated with the head `s Shroud to Jesus's time, I can believe  it was Jesus`s  Shroud. In the Bible He did survived after his Crucifixion where two of his members, gave the roman soldiers money to his release,  took him out of the tomb, where Jesus was so distorted in his injuries  that his disciples couldn't  recognize him,  but he died and went the heaven four days not forty days after. 

oh I also believe it is Jesus's  Shroud,  his hair was described as short and curly, but after being held so long by the romans,  his hair grew so long.

250px-Turin_shroud_positive_and_negative

Edited by docyabut2

15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

oh I also believe it is Jesus's  Shroud,  his hair was described as short and curly, but after being held so long by the romans,  his hair grew so long.

250px-Turin_shroud_positive_and_negative

Yeah, hair grows like that overnight. Jesus was arrested Thursday night and was dead by Friday afternoon, or do you think you know better than the Bible?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Yeah, hair grows like that overnight. Jesus was arrested Thursday night and was dead by Friday afternoon, or do you think you know better than the Bible?

—Jaylemurph 

The only problem is the timings of the Bible to Jesus , like the timing of a big flood in the Bible.  Adam  and Eve lived 9000 years , while after the flood Abraham and Sara were only lived 150 and 90 ?  the Bible has all wrong timings:)

42 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

The only problem is the timings of the Bible to Jesus , like the timing of a big flood in the Bible.  Adam  and Eve lived 9000 years , while after the flood Abraham and Sara were only lived 150 and 90 ?  the Bible has all wrong timings:)

So your theory is you /do/ know better than the Gospels, which were written with a few years of the events, by eyewitnesses to the events, and generally credited as basically true by historians and archaeologists for decades?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

On 3/22/2019 at 6:30 PM, jaylemurph said:

So your theory is you /do/ know better than the Gospels, which were written with a few years of the events, by eyewitnesses to the events, and generally credited as basically true by historians and archaeologists for decades?

--Jaylemurph

So, you at least, are saying the Bible is believed by scholars to be generally historically correct? In a non-miraculous manner....

You're risking being tossed from the UM Bible skeptics club! :lol:

It's usually stated that Jesus died around 30 - 36 C.E.

The earliest gospel, Mark was written around 66 -70

Luke and Matthew around 85 - 90

John about    90 - 110

We see, then, that  the gospels were written a generation, or two, after Jesus' death.

All were written anonymously, despite the names ascribed to them.  It appears that none of the writers were eyewitnesses to the events depicted in them. I don't find it too surprising that these accounts contradict each other on a number of points.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bison said:

John about    90 - 110

We see, then, that  the gospels were written a generation, or two, after Jesus' death.

All were written anonymously, despite the names ascribed to them.  It appears that none of the writers were eyewitnesses to the events depicted in them. I don't find it too surprising that these accounts contradict each other on a number of points.   

They were never meant to be historical documents, per se. Like all of the Bible, they're propaganda. They present a certain image or scenario to a certain group of people. They were never meant to be taken together. The contradictions are literally beside the point.

That said, there's no reason the rough outline of Jesus' ministry shouldn't be treated as broadly true.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bison said:

John about    90 - 110

Mark could have been written by a living witness. The Apostiles were supposedly all young men, most (all?) not even married yet. 20 + 40 only is 60. Which... I'd agree is old for back then, but very possible. Though it is said all the Apostles (but John?) were martyred. Still, many saw Jesus and so a first generation witness would be possible.

In order for the face to be projected unto the cloth like that the person covered in the shroud would have to have a head like a minecraft character. No distortion of wrapping. That to me is the giveaway that this wasn't a burial shroud at all (of anyone).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Mark could have been written by a living witness. The Apostiles were supposedly all young men, most (all?) not even married yet. 20 + 40 only is 60. Which... I'd agree is old for back then, but very possible. Though it is said all the Apostles (but John?) were martyred. Still, many saw Jesus and so a first generation witness would be possible.

I don't believe that the gospels were written by the Apostles and the people they are assigned to were not all apostles.

What is known is the order in which they appeared and roughly the location of where they appeared. Studies of the wording suggest 4 independent authors. The order of the stories reflects increases in detail which is what is expected in any story that is told.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Who_Wrote_the_Gospels.html?id=Zt_YAAAAMAAJ

Nearly a century after the four Gospels were finished, Christians in the late second century, eager to give names to the anonymous manuscripts they possessed, selected traditional figures that they supposed should have written them -- the Apostles Matthew and John, Luke the "beloved physician" of Paul (Col. 4:14), and John Mark of Jerusalem, the "son" of Peter (Acts 12:12; I Peter 5:13).

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2017 at 6:55 AM, GlitterRose said:

People don't want to let this go even though they can't get past the carbon dating that shows it was from the Middle Ages. It has long, long been debunked. 

I don't know why people need the shroud to bolster their faith. 

They didn't debunk anything.

9 hours ago, brian100 said:

They didn't debunk anything.

Well that brilliant riposte was certainly worth necro-posting. 

We don’t really just post videos here. What specific points from this video do you want to /discuss/ on this discussion forum — you can’t expect someone to slog through some random video for your pleasure.

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:29 AM, jaylemurph said:

Well that brilliant riposte was certainly worth necro-posting. 

We don’t really just post videos here. What specific points from this video do you want to /discuss/ on this discussion forum — you can’t expect someone to slog through some random video for your pleasure.

—Jaylemurph 

Be sure to bust out the 3d glasses for his reply.

160726073325-3d-glasses-1952-780x439_102

ae9524eae7fd06d543b203308cfd4130.gif

• Thanks 1