Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts with clothes

quillius

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Does anyone has seen tattooed ghost, smoking and wearing nose ring, and with Walkman in the pocket?

Rhetorical question...

walkman........wow. showing age now BMK :)

• Like 1

Great question Q. I wish I had an answer. Everything I've ever actually seen was in an altered state, so I have no idea if they really exist or not. Not all have been clothed though. 

Ive seen the shadow people. One wasn't even human shaped. Looked more like a black tornado. They are never clothed. 

I do get a visit from this older lady from time to time. I've never noticed what she was wearing, but she certainly wasn't naked. Honestly I never really thought about it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Great question Q. I wish I had an answer. Everything I've ever actually seen was in an altered state, so I have no idea if they really exist or not. Not all have been clothed though. 

Ive seen the shadow people. One wasn't even human shaped. Looked more like a black tornado. They are never clothed. 

I do get a visit from this older lady from time to time. I've never noticed what she was wearing, but she certainly wasn't naked. Honestly I never really thought about it. 

thanks Preacher, I have also seen 'things'....but obviously still feel it is more than likely just my mind playing tricks on me...

similar to you really.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, quillius said:

thanks Preacher, I have also seen 'things'....but obviously still feel it is more than likely just my mind playing tricks on me...

similar to you really.

I feel ya. Honestly the only thing that gives me pause, especially when it first happened, was that so many people had seen the exact same things I have. Without that I'd completely believe it was all in my head. 

Just now, preacherman76 said:

I feel ya. Honestly the only thing that gives me pause, especially when it first happened, was that so many people had seen the exact same things I have. Without that I'd completely believe it was all in my head. 

although I do feel we are influenced both consciously and sub-consciously throughout our lives. I think this certainly can influence what we see and how we interpret it.

However you are the first person I have heard of that has seen naked ghosts....... :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, quillius said:

although I do feel we are influenced both consciously and sub-consciously throughout our lives. I think this certainly can influence what we see and how we interpret it.

However you are the first person I have heard of that has seen naked ghosts....... :) 

I saw a video not long ago, even posted it a couple times, that show how complicated it would be for our brains to imagine the same entities. Simple hallucinations yes, like an alcoholic feeling bugs on them during withdrawals is well know. But a complicated scene where a person is attacked, or whatever isn't so easy to explain. I gotta head out to work now, but I'll find it for you later

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I saw a video not long ago, even posted it a couple times, that show how complicated it would be for our brains to imagine the same entities. Simple hallucinations yes, like an alcoholic feeling bugs on them during withdrawals is well know. But a complicated scene where a person is attacked, or whatever isn't so easy to explain. I gotta head out to work now, but I'll find it for you later

ok cheers. Would be interested in watching that.

there are many factors though, including when and how testimonies are taken etc

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Frankly, my personal belief is that, whatever ghosts are (real or imaginary), they are not the souls of the dead wandering the material plane. The most supernatural explanation I feel able to accept is that they are echoes left behind by a departing person, like projections, but neither sentient nor sapient. Which would explain the period wear.

I think there are multiple things that fall under the colloquial term 'ghost'. Some I believe are 'earthbound souls' not ready or willing to move on to the higher astral planes and some may not even grasp that they are dead. Also I believe there are residual hauntings which are echoes of the past replaying themselves where the people are in period dress.

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Actually a lot of people who are afraid of cessation of existence after death hope and wish to see ghosts. Apparently spending eternity doomed to wander a hallway in the clothes you happened to die in is better than nothingness *shrug* 

I don't think this is what happens in the majority of cases though. People fear them and want them gone and they are certainly not expecting them. Now, there are people that like the paranormal and do go ghost hunting and try to find ghost evidence but that is more of a modern phenomenon. Most cases are spontaneous events that shock and alarm a totally non-expecting person.

Edited by papageorge1

On 19/07/2017 at 2:52 PM, quillius said:

Hi all,

Ok, quite simply put, why is every ghost, in every image or story clothed?

surely if the spirit leaves the body it would not do so with 'man made' objects...ie clothes.

Does this not, on its own, prove that ghosts are, in the main, figments of the human imagination?

I have never heard one decent counter argument...but would like to.....

fire away!

I saw what I beleive to be a ghost on one occasion and it was in a shop which I owned and worked in for 40 years. It was a butcher's business and my shop was purpose built as a butcher's shop in the late 1800's. I saw a person from the rear, a man, walking in the basement area. He was wearing a dark blue working coat and a striped apron, typical butcher's working clothing. He walked into a room, the toilet, at the rear of the basement which had only one way in and no windows. I initially thought it was a member of staff and it wasn't until he didn't come out that I went to check and there was no-one there. If he had come out I would have seen him and after questioning my 3 male members of staff as to where they were, none of them said they had been down to the basement. This was confirmed by female office staff who were working in the retail area along with the men.

I feel that what I witnessed was a residual haunting but I do wonder if you maybe need an active haunting for a residual haunting to be able to manifest itself, and that was also something that I had in the premises.

6 minutes ago, fran123 said:

I saw what I beleive to be a ghost on one occasion and it was in a shop which I owned and worked in for 40 years. It was a butcher's business and my shop was purpose built as a butcher's shop in the late 1800's. I saw a person from the rear, a man, walking in the basement area. He was wearing a dark blue working coat and a striped apron, typical butcher's working clothing. He walked into a room, the toilet, at the rear of the basement which had only one way in and no windows. I initially thought it was a member of staff and it wasn't until he didn't come out that I went to check and there was no-one there. If he had come out I would have seen him and after questioning my 3 male members of staff as to where they were, none of them said they had been down to the basement. This was confirmed by female office staff who were working in the retail area along with the men.

I feel that what I witnessed was a residual haunting but I do wonder if you maybe need an active haunting for a residual haunting to be able to manifest itself, and that was also something that I had in the premises.

Thank you Fran.

was there a door to this toilet? and was it open or closed at the time?

edit to add:  also curious as how you could make out it was a striped apron from the rear? 

Edited by quillius

9 minutes ago, quillius said:

Thank you Fran.

was there a door to this toilet? and was it open or closed at the time?

edit to add:  also curious as how you could make out it was a striped apron from the rear? 

As far as the door being open or closed I honestly don't know. but that was the only room at the end of the basement. As far as the apron is concerned a type of butcher's apron is what is called a square cut and is fairly large. When you are wearing one it comes round the side of your body and partially round your back. You can see exactly what it is from behind. They also have very distinctive straps. I was also at a very slight angle to the figure so I could make out exactly what it was wearing.

I don't know if there is a definitive answer OP.  I've only seen one full bodied) for lack of words ghost and it appeared to be wearing clothes. It was white colored in appearance but kinda of transparent. My impression of the few seconds I saw it was a male.

short back ground of the event was. 15 or so years ago I was helping my brother do some work late after hours on a job he was doing in a old city hospital that had been closed down for years. The front part was gutted and they only had just gotten the electric working in that part. It was passed 1am in the morning and we knew were the only one there and nobody was to be there after 5:00 

we were working in a long hall on a set of fire doors and I happen to look up an seen someone walk across the hall from one room to the opposite room on the other side. I Asked my brother if he seen in and he didn't, I walked down to the four rooms I knew it could of been and couldn't find anything in the rooms or the rooms bathrooms.

my brother said it probably a ghost and I had to agree with him because I didn't find a person. It didn't bother either one of us as we grew up in a house where strange things would go on from time to time. We worked another 45 minutes or so and left for home I had a day job to get to. I worked a couple more weeks after that to help him finish up that part of what they had ready. Later that year they had more of the building done and electricity on and we did more work for them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fran123 said:

As far as the door being open or closed I honestly don't know. but that was the only room at the end of the basement. As far as the apron is concerned a type of butcher's apron is what is called a square cut and is fairly large. When you are wearing one it comes round the side of your body and partially round your back. You can see exactly what it is from behind. They also have very distinctive straps. I was also at a very slight angle to the figure so I could make out exactly what it was wearing.

ok thank you Fran. 

Here is that video I was telling you about Q.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Here is that video I was telling you about Q.

much appreciated mate, will watch at home over the weekend as its difficult at work to watch videos with sound....

cheers

• Like 1

On 20.7.2017 at 9:28 AM, quillius said:

my fantasy? really?

must admit I wasn't expecting that one.

Why not? It's not like we are talkig about solid facts. We are talking about things we each come up with. That's called fantasy. 

I don't see a problem with ghost or spirits appearing and wearing clothes, who is to say the Spiritworld cannot have some of the same features our physical world has? 

I sure hope if I become a ghost i'm not dressed like that night in Mexico. Oh boy I would be a laughing stock in the underworld. Can ghosts change there cloths ?  I really really want to see one.  Maybe even talk to it for a bit. 

Edited by The Silver Thong

Because they don't want to be naked? 

I have two possible theories to this question.

(1) ghosts manifest in the state in which they died. So what ghosts ' wear' are the clothes they died in

(2) Ghosts don't realised they are dead so like us not going to want to walk round naked haha.

This is of course just speculation  but makes sense to me

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, quillius said:

Hi all,

Ok, quite simply put, why is every ghost, in every image or story clothed?

surely if the spirit leaves the body it would not do so with 'man made' objects...ie clothes.

Does this not, on its own, prove that ghosts are, in the main, figments of the human imagination?

I have never heard one decent counter argument...but would like to.....

fire away!

Residual energy.